Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am

Post subject: Good bye everyone :) and some suggestions
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:35 pm 

Well i'm basically done playing atleast untill next ladder reset. Cya guys, have fun :D But, i figured i'd mention what changes i think should be made for the next reset before i stop trolling etc.

1. Armageddon and Valor need adjusted or removed. They are op for a few builds. i.e. cold druid, holy fire/cold paladins, fire druid, The cold/fire mastery more then doubles your end game damage.

A Zod weapon for these builds still seem like a good idea but just not so powerfull.

2. Revert the changes or make different changes to poison necro. There are glitches with the changes to not spawning clouds. i.e. often the poison damage does not take effect properly even when landing a stab, one landed stab will do it's actual damage and the next landed stab will do very little. (this is excluding misses)

I'm in favor of making the cloud spawn again and lowering the dmg of poison stab myself. Lowering stab damage along with losing damage from equipping absorb gear to survive landing stabs seems fair enough to me. (not to mention the changes to lr lowering damage as well).

3. Heaven's will x2 with imm. flesh belt and all skill gear on a barb makes a monster of a tank barb. You can get up to 47 prayer along with 40 meditate. I personally think that's a bit much but then again it takes 3 zods+ so i guess it's a bit of a toss up.

I'd recommend maybe removing the meditate. And perhaps lowering it to +3 all skills.

4. Holy fire/cold/shock paladins need an adjustment to their synergies. The 80 points needed for holy fire/cold/light and synergies does not leave enough to get the ar needed from maxing zeal and the def needed from points into holy shield. Also the aoe aura damage is useless in hell imo, i think the pulses should be increased in speed or lowered radius and increased damage. (can only speak for holy fire as far as auras are concerned)

i'd say, remove a synergy and adjust the remaining ones to even it out. Imo salvation should be removed and the 10% tacked on to conviction.

5. Most rune word weapons have no attack rating on them. And since they have no sockets you can't plug in amethysts/eths so they are usually at a big loss compared to socketed uniqs, rares, or perhaps gris caddy.

I'd add some ar to a lot of the rw weaps. Amounts varying to the level of the rw. (zod weaps should have atleast 500 imo, depending on the weapon ofcourse)

6. Poison creeper crud causes way too much lag. Both at moloch and in big games. I've had many issues with this both using creeper from carrions and from battles with moloch.

I'm not quite sure how to fix this, if the crud it creates could be removed while still poisoning things í think that would work but i'm not sure.

7. Poison Zons ofcourse need a dmg reduction.

I would personally leave decoy alone, with the changes to str, absorbs etc there are very few tanks around for group situations. Keeping spirit blades and decoy strong to make up for this seems like a good idea to me. I know 99% of the melee/tank characters i have made and played with can not tank act bosses for very long at all. If the plague dmg is reduced it will make soloing much more difficult even with the strong decoy and won't add further to the lack of tanking as a whole.

i have some more things, but i'm done for now.. i'll edit them in later or repost.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Good bye everyone :) and some suggestions
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:53 pm 

bye.
edit: Suggestions are right and should be discussed but why mixing your leaving here? Don't have time or something? I hope when the time comes more people will come and post their thoughts in right topics.
For example. My 2nd firedruids with armg rw is way too imba. He alone(lightning merc) can clear from wsk 2 to castle 3, 2 first bosses, need help with fireimmune, then rape baal within 1min. So far I've made with him 10 baal runs in 3 days, won't have time tomorrow, probably next week more to see how he performs with different kind of weapons - armg rw is way too imba but it "just" doubles damage. I can stand 1 or 2 more mins near baal, it doesn't affect difficult at all. Real problem is with hp of mobsters - it's TOO low, anything with 95lvl gear kills it with 1-2 hits. Maybe phys chars don't.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:56 pm 

The only thing I don't agree with is heaven's will. Its a zod rune word with near zero benefits other than +5 skills and res. Most caster builds won't use it cause specialized weapons for most builds are GG. A berserk barb wouldn't use it cause it has no %ED. A FoH night use it, but this word was meant for a good scepter anyways.

Also using it on a Magic Zealer like I plan to do is alwaso a viable option. with 1 pt in prayer, I'll Let my +skills do the rest of the work =D

I forgot, 2 aura's of the same level stacks? So it would be lvl 40 meditation?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:08 am 

You can get +5 all skills and +3 prayer on a scepter. i.e. +8 prayer. 2x lvl 20 meditation = lvl 40 meditation yes. On a barb dual wielding them it is +16 prayer and lvl 40 meditate while equipped. So you can have active a lvl 47 prayer and a lvl 40 meditate along with +10 all skills on a barb. So in total H.wills = +10 all skills +6 scepter skills, +100% fcr, +70-80 res, a lvl 40 meditation when equipped. This is not usefull for melee, strictly barb tank builds (mostly singer) but still seems like a bit much to me. But again the rw is zod cham lo, so that's 2 zods 2 chams and 2 lo's which is pretty steep to have this advantage so i leave it up to the people making the decisions on what to do with it ofcourse.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:25 am 

i dont think the specter skill will count for prayer, since it says pally only.

in total u could get a lvl 36 prayer on a barb.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:44 pm 

you can get up to 48 prayer, +to class skills will work on o skills, so each hwill will add 8 to prayer.
16 from weapons, 14 from belt, 3 armor, 3 helm, 2 amulet, 2 rings, 1 boot, 2 gloves, 4 charms plus bc = 48 prayer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:50 pm 

Quote:
i dont think the specter skill will count for prayer, since it says pally only.
in 1.10 all +skills (xxx only) boosts oskills. 101% sure.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:38 pm 

even if you're not a paladin?! cus I think thats his point, he's talking about a barb with prayer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:42 pm 

yes. For example +4venom(sin only) on arach belt boosts venom oskills, +extra 2, belt itself gives to everyone + 5-6 venom if they wish to buff with andy face, pestilence rw, ETC. It adds nothing if you don't have +x venom!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:45 pm 

+3 scepter skills stack with the oskill prayer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:46 pm 

that is pretty awesome, didnt know that

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:12 pm 

Me neither... It opens up some nice options for rich tinkerers.

Offline Profile