Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

Post subject: Boost to Smite
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:12 am 
Game Server Host

Maybe another damage buff to smite would be good. did you max defiance too?

I don't know if shields got a str bonus buff or not this patch. maybe a 50% base increase on shield damage? should take that smite up to around 7.5k listed damage. It's not gonna make them tank any better since they don't get the leech other chars do anyway.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Character Screenshots
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:03 am 

Maxed HS, smite, and defiance. I heard of people hitting 15-20k or so smite in previous versions so what gives? Bad info/rumor maybe? With CB pretty much gone it needs that IAS nerf lifted and some damage love for sure. It isn't doing much more than the listed dmg either as hell fallen's were taking around 10 smites. Only using lv10 fanat from the Faith, but ED has a very minor role in the smite damage formula if I'm reading it correctly. Shitty thing about balancing smite's damage is the lying character screen doesn't display it correctly at all.

Another way to buff them would be to throw some flat +x dmg on some weapons. There aren't many(or any?) smiter specific weapons anymore with CB gone. Would be a decent way to get more use out of the unique scepters too. A few scepters already have 60-120 min/max dmg on them which I believe was Mancer's intention of having them receive the smite damage bonus that comes with adding flat +dmg on them.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Character Screenshots
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:16 am 
Game Server Host

I seen 9k listed on a smiter not last patch but the patch before (I think they were taking the synergy into account if someone said 15+k). It was pretty solid even with low cb%. It didn't have such a good safety side though and was a bit of a juv beast. Str was pretty high as they were using enigma (I assume to tele out of cages while IM'd?)

I like the idea of smiter specific weapons based around +normal damage. Possibly adding + normal damage to phys facets instead of +min/max too.

The new skill functions it uses allow for another 5 aurastats to it too so maybe adding +flat damage to the aurastat so it's active only while smiting, I would also get rid of the synergy and replace it with a buff to the ed% on the skill. The skilldesc function don't seem to support a synergy bonus at all for smite and no other description function supports shield damage :(. Makes it less confusing and you can see your actual damage.

Edit: Ooooh, the defiance synergy will work fine, we just need to move the bonus from the damage calculation and add it as an enhanced damage aurastat to the buff side :)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Boost to Smite
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:37 pm 

bring back +300-400dmg from grief lol

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Boost to Smite
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:36 pm 

I had 9.8k smite last season on my smiter with maxed smite hs and defiance of course i never packed around a ber'd griz. My cb was only 15%. And he tanked everything ezy nuff used to do los shadows and sammy ezy.

Offline Profile