Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

Post subject: Moloch's lag creeper
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:26 pm 

I'm guessing someone probably posted about this already but is there any way of removing the crud left behind when poison creeper attacks? The lag caused from it actually freezes the game up. this has actually cause me to die a few times and doesn't seem like it should be a factor. Any idea of a way to solve this problemo?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Moloch's lag creeper
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:09 pm 

its a goofy attack in my opinion.
make sure you move Moloch around a bit and that crap won't stack up and lag the game to high heavens.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:43 pm 

i may be mistaken here also and gladly take correction but i thought it was molochs nova and bone spirit style attacks that caused his lag

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:46 am 

pretty sure it's his creeper crud. if it was his attacks, moving him to another location wouldn't work.

But yeah i guess i'll stick with moving him a few times per battle.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:09 am 

the only redeeming factor of that attack is whatchin it insta-kill the loot ninjas who hide in the corner the whole battle and then go running in as soon as Moloch dies only to be WTFOWNED by the stacked psn creepers.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:53 am 

It also depends on which server you play on. Zero-Lag servers host a lot of other software/programs, so they tend to lag much worse at Moloch. Where as on mine or Bob's servers, the lag isn't as bad.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:48 pm 

Yeah i've been using two carrion rings on my venom barb and it's pretty nice to use the poison creeper both for additional damage to trash and also i can cast him as a decoy when there are alot of enemies around. However in most situations the creeper crud piles up and freezes up the game for the entire party. I haven't been paying too much attention to which servers i'm playing on basically because it's not often my choice which server i'm playing on. If i join someone else's game there's a good chance it's a bad server for creeper and i basically can't use it. The crud seems completely useless besides asthetics. Is it a big hassle to remove this i personally don't think it adds anything to the game beyond tons of lag. And i'd really like to be able to use this skill, it's very handy. If it's some monster of a programming job and/or people disagree ok np but yeah that's my opinion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:29 pm 

I don't play on zerolag servers and moloch lags here and there.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:08 am 

I had never really had a problem with Moloch and didn't really see what the problem was until last night. We had him positioned and were doing just fine, when we moved to avoid causing lag we started to lag hard. Every person in the game (At Moloch) was experiencing graphical lag, and i'm talking down to low single digit frames per second. What causes this? It couldn't have been the crap from his poison creeper as we just moved him to a completely new area to avoid it. Is there a way to avoid this?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:10 pm 

i beleive the reason why moving him works is you get the creeper crud off your screen. The only way it seems to avoid it is, yeah, by moving him. Again, the other day i went to help a friend kill moloch and my screen was freezing up before he was even on it tho. After the 5th time in a row i finally gave up and apologized for the lack of help i gave, wished them luck, and left. :(

I'm about 99% positive it's the creeper crud due to the fact when i use poison creeper on my venom barb in tundra or in big party games everywhere it does the exact same thing. I used creeper actually against the ancients when i duo'd them with someone also. It was very handy, i ran them through the crud repeatedly for some nice dmg (since creeper is lvl 50+ with two carrions and i use a -res +skill dmg setup). However, The lag became so bad i had to take the carrion rings off and cast a random spell to unsummon him.

I understand why the crud is there, it lets you see which area is going to infect monsters. But perhaps there's a way of marking/not marking it with a different or no image? Sounds like complicated programming, i dunno but would solve some issues imo if it is possible. Moloch's lag seems to be his best attack, it quite often causes your death and also at times leaves him invincible. It's also very annoying to wonder how bad the lag will be when you cast poison creeper.

Edit-

My computer is not the best btw. I know others have issues with lag at moloch, but any rabies builds out there have the same issues with their creeper? Maybe it's just me?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:49 am 

Im running a quad core phenom with 8 gigs of ram and a 1 gig nvidia gtx 220, creeper still unbearable. Its not just because of your comp.

Offline Profile