Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 am

Post subject: Ongoing Balance Suggestion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:22 pm 

This thread will be dedicated to a balanced patch, one where every class is equal in effectiveness and what they have to offer.

How do you balance this game like Terry did it? What can you learn from this mod, which has stayed very similar for the past 6 years, and then suddenly turn it upside down with 0 testing and a biased opinion?

It is my belief that there is more work that needs to be done, instead of just 'leave it'. If I am incorrect in this belief and the patch is perfect, please convince me, I am all ears.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Ongoing Balance Suggestion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:57 pm 

herp derp solo bosses w/ melee durp

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:12 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
herp derp solo bosses w/ melee durp

herp derp solo bosses with poison derp

herp derp melee do 0 damage so half the classes in game useless derp.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:19 pm 

hey i'll be the first one to say poison OP melee UP(and personally don't have a poison char because I feel they are boring to play, regardless of how powerful), but this has been discussed so many times and has had every response already; and to my knowledge is even being worked on and tested(boss charms) so I just think it's stupid to open a thread which undoubtedly will lead in the same direction of discussion. I don't see the point(while Blue has a balance thread already), except for you to repeatedly rehearse your stance on the position. I'm new to HU and it seems I've read more about your gripe with phys resistance than anything else. I think everyone is aware of the issue and you are beating a dead dog. Unless there was some other balance issues you wanted to bring up finally? In which case why open a new thread? So that YOUR OP is the one to bias people's opinions first? lol

EDIT: ah, right after I posted this they updated it. WOOHOO

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:53 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
block o' text

Except... Rasta and Steel were the ones who stepped up to test physical resistance, so I don't think you can really throw that in his face.

I can see where he's coming from. The melee issue has been beat to death, but nothing has come from it. Soloing bosses isn't the issue, as all sorts of well-geared builds can solo act bosses.
The problem is that melee are hardly worth playing in comparison to other classes now. They're almost to the point of being a gimmick build, and require quite a bit of twinking if you want to preform anything close to well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:13 am 

Abominae wrote:
slappyNuts wrote:
block o' text

Except... Rasta and Steel were the ones who stepped up to test physical resistance, so I don't think you can really throw that in his face.

I can see where he's coming from. The melee issue has been beat to death, but nothing has come from it. Soloing bosses isn't the issue, as all sorts of well-geared builds can solo act bosses.
The problem is that melee are hardly worth playing in comparison to other classes now. They're almost to the point of being a gimmick build, and require quite a bit of twinking if you want to preform anything close to well.

Nah Abominae,. I pretty much stopped playing HU, so the testing is in the hands of Steel. We just did some preliminary stuff to get an idea how to balance it, but I had so much shit happening in my real life that week that I couldn't put forth a commitment. Steel is very capable however, so it might go in a good direction.

Unfortunately I just got sick of the mod when I realized how orgasmically awsome GW2 is going to be and got super addicted to GW. I even gave my account to a friend of mine to use, although I still may play from time to time.

The problem with this mod is that we don't know what the fuck is balance anymore. I made this thread to relive that. What we are going to accomplish with this thread is to compare this current patch, 1.3, to the last patch, 1.21z. Then we will find middle ground on what worked and what didn't.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:25 pm 

this forum is not your blog. i dont know why i have to read all over it about you being done with the mod and moved on to GW2. good for you. perhaps you can post a status so i can like it. then i will tweet it for you and repost it as my status. thus getting as many people as i can on the interwebs to know what you are doing with your life.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:30 pm 

Zikur wrote:
this forum is not your blog. i dont know why i have to read all over it about you being done with the mod and moved on to GW2. good for you. perhaps you can post a status so i can like it. then i will tweet it for you and repost it as my status. thus getting as many people as i can on the interwebs to know what you are doing with your life.

this thread is about balance, not about mads and bads

Abominae wrote:
@Blue

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:35 pm 

Rasta wrote:
I pretty much stopped playing HU, .... I had so much shit happening in my real life that week that I couldn't put forth a commitment. ...

Unfortunately I just got sick of the mod when I realized how orgasmically awsome GW2 is going to be and got super addicted to GW. I even gave my account to a friend of mine to use, although I still may play from time to time.

Rasta wrote:

Anyways, I'm back to Guild Wars, that game is blessed.

blogspot.arimyth.com

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:37 pm 

Zikur wrote:
blogspot.arimyth.com

trollface.arimyth.com

Abominae wrote:
@Blue

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:07 am 

Derailing topic even more:

Offline Profile