Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

Post subject: Improving team play
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:54 pm 

I came up with an idea the other day. It involves aura sharing. If party members can gain benefit from a Paladin's auras, why not all of them? My suggestion pertains to Redemption. I think other party members within the total range of the aura user should be able to recieve the benefits from Redemption; perhaps 25% healed or what-have-you would be nice. Theres a bunch of "misses" like this ima try to think of more. Since the Paladin was nearly removed and definately nerfed, it would be a good idea to do something to encourage players to continue building them.

Thanks for your consideration. -Markus

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Improving team play
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:28 pm 

LoDEternity wrote:
Since the Paladin was nearly removed

When was this ever topic of converstion? Removing the Paladin?... I think not.
It's a bit late for any altering of the "game plan" at this point (although its not a terrible idea... Would have to be a VERY small amount of health gain though. 25%, I think that would be a little too beneficial to the party, ie: imbalanced).

Don't worry, Pallys will always be a good viable build and are not going to disappear anytime soon. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:29 pm 

Izron wrote:
LoDEternity wrote:
Since the Paladin was nearly removed

When was this ever topic of converstion? Removing the Paladin?... I think not.
It's a bit late for any altering of the "game plan" at this point (although its not a terrible idea... Would have to be a VERY small amount of health gain though. 25%, I think that would be a little too beneficial to the party, ie: imbalanced).

Don't worry, Pallys will always be a good IMBA build and are not going to disappear anytime soon. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:44 pm 

Good eye, Hunter... I said NEARLY removed... smiter - nerfed, auradin - nearly useless, zealot - probs with life leach, hammerdin - LMAO what hammerdin in HU? The Avenger seems to be the only viable build... which is the one I use, as the conviction helps the party and the tanking ability is still reasonably high with the same ole "meat-shield" properties.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:48 pm 
Game Server Host

Hammerdin is the best untwinked char by far, its still extremely powerfull. Alot of the builds that worked on bnet work here just as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:50 pm 

LoDEternity wrote:
Good eye, Hunter... I said NEARLY removed... smiter - nerfed, auradin - nearly useless, zealot - probs with life leach, hammerdin - LMAO what hammerdin in HU? The Avenger seems to be the only viable build... which is the one I use, as the conviction helps the party and the tanking ability is still reasonably high with the same ole "meat-shield" properties.

I used to go venger a lot on Bnet... Whats their dmg like on here and do auras stack? Like Ex. Holy shock aura with Dream?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:52 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh they are a decent build, no dreams aura wont stack with your own shock aura, however holy shock aura from dream would work along side conviction but would be weak. you can only make dream in helms now

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:54 pm 

hell look at bens pally last season...

anyone wanna fuck with that ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:01 pm 

When I said "viable" I meant most various pally build types are workable and greatly excel when made correctly. Hammerdins have been on HU and like Purerage said they are/were very strong. In my experience the Avenger is actually one of the weaker builds for the pally especially late game due to the lack of significant leeching ability.

My point was: slightly nerfing a couple of the paladins skills (hammer/smite) will not hurt the pally, and is far from "nearly removing him". :?

hunterAS wrote:
hell look at bens pally last season...anyone wanna fuck with that ?

Porter will always be the "model" for all successful zealots, and no... I would not fuck w/ that!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:07 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh the venger really needs maxed absorbs and dr% to stand well late game, as you say due to lack of leech. Im a big fan of a point in conversion for the venger, especialy for act 5 etc to convert some tanks to take the heat of, convert amp witches and blood lords for some curse support. It's very effective

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:15 pm 

[quote="LoDEternity"] LMAO what hammerdin in HU?

My hammerdin last ladder was hitting for 44k with my merc tundra was easy and i did abyss runs all day.so the hammerdin is prob the most viable build for pallys

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:28 pm 

I personally use an Avenger with lvl 38 conviction. He does about 30k vengeance and i over-proofed my resists and use more +skill damage and - enemy resist gear than sorb. I do use the full elemental set tho. Elemental Weaver, griffs, templars, Revenge, hellmouth, flesh or string and eth treks... not sure wut boots wud work better tho. the str/dex/vit on the gear works well for me as i have no problem fighting anywhere in hell. I dont go against bosses alone tho. I keep a chant-stick and some type of item with amp charges.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:12 pm 

Sesshomaru wrote:
LoDEternity wrote:
LMAO what hammerdin in HU?

My hammerdin last ladder was hitting for 44k with my merc tundra was easy and i did abyss runs all day.so the hammerdin is prob the most viable build for pallys

ur from austintown ohio?

my fiance is from greenford.
your right by youngstown right?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:30 am 

yup right down the road form youngstown .I am from youngstown i moved here a year ago

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:02 am 

crazy u should come to my wedding in july :) I don't know you but meh ^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:15 am 

wow that a long way off how long have you two been engaged.I'll have to pm u my address then.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:43 am 

Thanks for spamming my post guys. Try acting more professional please.
Anyway... Improving team play is what HU is all about.
If theres anyone who has things to add on this topic, please post your suggestions and/or questions. Theres many members who read the recent posts daily; including mods and admins. Im sure that even those of us with plenty of experience can benefit from a different perspective. Personally, I'd like to learn new ways of doing things.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:46 am 

if u want to improve team play, a group should set a certain time to play their char's so nobody get left behind. thats what happened to me alot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:52 pm 

Sesshomaru wrote:
wow that a long way off how long have you two been engaged.I'll have to pm u my address then.

since last November.. we are waiting until I'm done with school this coming May :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:12 pm 

bashing all paladin builds calling them nerfed and useless isn't a new way of doing things, it's narrowminded. If you don't like the paladin, good. Leave one of the best classes to the ones that can handle it ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:14 pm 

Zikur wrote:
bashing all paladin builds calling them nerfed and useless isn't a new way of doing things, it's narrowminded. If you don't like the paladin, good. Leave one of the best classes to the ones that can handle it ;)

Quite funny of you to say that since I ONLY build pally support chars and tanks for my clan. What I said was based on actually playing a Paladin and being disappointed with the results. Dont confuse opinions with facts, some ppl SAY they know but what they mean is they HEARD. I actually test toons b4 I say something about them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:08 pm 

-paladins are great, they got nerfed (oh no!) but they are still great.

-hammerdins still work wonderfully even untwinked, can you say the same of your ...... vengance paladin?

-smite still rocks, and cb still exists on runes, just 1% less per rune

-they are still a party class, redemption never was a party aura.if you want a party aura use concentration or salvation, or be a healer and go that rout.

party characters: necros,paladins,druids,barbs. this is the reason we always have these in our teams.

Offline Profile