Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

Post subject: Re-specing
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:05 am 

Hi, I'm really new to HU (only been playing a week) and I always manage to mess up any sort of build somewhere along the way. I think it would be good to give Akara the one time only re-spec ability that she has on LOD. Would this at all be possible, because atm my fire druid in NM is so damn weak...

Or would it at all be possible to have only my account re-specced without adding any new features? If not I will totally understand, but I shall hope until I get told no :)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Re-specing
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:35 pm 

respec was added by blizzard in a later version of the game - so we can't implement it.

Even if we could though, I would be opposed to it as I don't think it encourages people to take their strategic decisions seriously.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:00 pm 

Last edited by Steel on Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:08 pm 

Steel wrote:
Respecting is the lamest feature ever made when speaking of online games. I'm happy I've put my money into another company(gearbox and games workshop) before sc2 and d2 1.13 fail'd ;)

I hope you're kidding about SC2 failing. It has the hardest working players participating in the most expensive tournaments.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:01 pm 

Re-specing is something that should be implemented, but in limited form. Such as one reset per difficulty, or one reset during entire game. Most of the new players on HU don't know what's different when compared to normal d2 until they play it. And most of the players don't want create new char after beating normal and then realizing that there's no way they can beat nm/hell without making new char since it takes a lot longer to beat HU than normal d2.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:09 pm 

Blah wrote:
Re-specing is something that should be implemented, but in limited form. Such as one reset per difficulty, or one reset during entire game. Most of the new players on HU don't know what's different when compared to normal d2 until they play it. And most of the players don't want create new char after beating normal and then realizing that there's no way they can beat nm/hell without making new char since it takes a lot longer to beat HU than normal d2.

I have to dis-agree here. First of all it would allow you to run thru the game with lesser gear and re-stat once you find better making it far too easy to build the perfect char. Second, while it does take longer to beat the game than vanilla, you also level here much faster than vanilla. Personally, I plan on building my first char or 2 with the idea I will might need to remake them later. Re-specing has ruined vanilla, I hope HU never sees it.

Offline Profile