Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

Post subject: Lower crafting gems?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:03 pm 

Dear HU players, I am a less than average D2 player and I die OFTEN. It's rare that I'll ever get a character to act 4 normal let alone nightmare and hell. I recently got a rabies druid up to 42 thanks to a few good groups and thought I would try running trav for gold. I died a few times but got the hang of it and after about 2 hours I had enough money for an adamant hammer and the gems of my choosing. The results were pretty awesome but it took SO LONG for 1 crafted item! I can't see myself going through that to get the items that I need to just survive the game. This turned more into an angry rant rather than a suggestion but let me get back on track. My suggestion is having a lower crafting gem preferably normal with appropriate modifiers so people that make many low level characters can easily have a good time farming and crafting.

I don't think this will affect balance in the slightest due to it being useless past level 50 or so however if I'm overlooking something please let me know the con's. Thanks for reading and even though this probably won't happen I REALLY hope it does :D .

Also while I have some readers and this doesn't warrant an extra thread I was wondering if anyone had a good way to farm gold for crafts in normal, thanks <3

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Lower crafting gems?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:22 pm 

Tundravalco wrote:
Also while I have some readers and this doesn't warrant an extra thread I was wondering if anyone had a good way to farm gold for crafts in normal, thanks <3
If you'd like some exp while you farm, then selling the dropped items from the A4 wp super-uniques usually gets about 300k. If you just want gold without much effort, then I think getting some gold-find gear (Chance Guards, Goldwrap belt, Tarnhelm, socketed Topaz, GF charms, etc), should net you around 80k-200k from each gold pile dropped by Leoric in Tristram.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:36 pm 

yes, if you can solo a few champions at once then go to river of flame wp, kill everything, pick up everything, then id it with cain and sell everything.
rares are your friends if you pick up like 8 rares like i do on average each run you can net at least 150k in 3 minutes (including moving items from cube to inventory if you have a lot of charms like i do).

as for being too weak to fight just play with a group get exp get unique items and pick up the gems you see on the ground. eventually you will have so many you will not want to pick up normal grade gems because they arent worth it.

playing in a group of 8 people will help you infinitely faster than playing alone

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:46 pm 

Thanks for the advice I didn't know rares were worth so much I just never picked them up haha.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:11 am 

remember to sell the rares(well anything if you want money for it) in the higher acts, because the lower ones, or even lower difficulties, will have a max gold return from selling.

Offline Profile