Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am

Post subject: red portals in act5 highlands
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:40 pm 

? i think thats the area "duriels hell etc" they are just golden chests maybe they can be re purposed, as a mini quest in hell or something with some mini boss to defeat? i dunno doubt any one goes in them as it stands

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: red portals in act5 highlands
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:17 pm 

You can get pretty good XP there, in my opinion. If I am playing with my brother we always go down there, we like them. :) I also got my first (and only) Tyrael's Might from one of these.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:20 pm 

bump for this idea. areas people never go into and skip entirely. put some sort of sub boss in the area that drops/has a chance to drop a key/ item from a set of key/items that you cube into a unique charm, or use as a portal into another area to fight some other boss for some unique charm or other high end item etc>

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:26 am 

Quote:
areas people never go into and skip entirely
??Because these are optional areas. I like to go there and face 2 marils boss +1 seraph at once.
Quote:
put some sort of sub boss in the area that drops/has a chance to drop a key/ item from a set of key/items that you cube into a unique charm
Yeah. But IMO there should be a mean boss that drops Unique Sword 1lvl req 50-60dmg +40 ias so you twink your next char easier :D. Heh no more rewards, this mod needs challenge, no additional nuke sources.
Or just remove all skills from first 3 act bosses'(hint: location names) shards and add new "Uber" boss versions that can actually drop shards with +1.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:06 am 

im not saying you have to change them you can still go there and have your two marls and serpahs but add something that makes others want to go there any tundra game you run in ask if people want to do that area and they are like wtf is that area or why go there or its to hard and the monsters dont give enough exp for it etc etc

and with the right duo/trio diablo and baal shards are just as easy to farm as andy-meph just takes more time is all. hell if you have a blaze sorc and psn zon i think you can solo diablo and baal anyway

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:16 pm 

I think that these areas should have a lvl 2 with their respective "banished" boss, like banished Andarial ect, each have 10% chance to drop an item, place item in cube and go to an "uber tundra," essentially tundra with more uniques and champs, no uber charms, no special drops, no change in exp, just another place to farm with a good group of people.

One thing i liked about median XL were side and subquests that usually required a high level character/team to do. idk if you want to implement a similar system or w/e.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:47 am 

PmP wrote:
One thing i liked about median XL were side and subquests that usually required a high level character/team to do. idk if you want to implement a similar system or w/e.
Just like LoS and Sammy you mean... :roll:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:51 am 

a while ago, I pitched the idea of having the golden chests kick out guaranteed rune drop. The idea was to clone nihla's treasure class, lower it a bit and apply it to the golden chests. This made for a non-boss method of gathering runes.

I thought it was a rather nice idea, but it never got put in to place.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:07 pm 

blue that is a nifty idea but its pretty easy to just teleport to the chest nab and repeat. maybe a boss where the chest is that then spawns a portal after killed with a chest that has % chance to drop rune vex-sur or something ?

still seems easy way to get runes. read my enhancement gem idea in below thread tell me what you think

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:16 pm 

Quote:
blue that is a nifty idea but its pretty easy to just teleport to the chest nab and repeat
In levels.txt there's a "teleport" column and it can be 0, 1 or 2. 0 means you can't use tele there.
If that was a chest there, whole area should be harder, much.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:08 pm 

leap attack maybe? . but didnt know that about tele

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:18 pm 

leaping thro entire level of cantors, balrogs, seraphs, berserkers sounds fun, challenge on its own.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:14 pm 

Utter wrote:
PmP wrote:
Just like LoS and Sammy you mean... :roll:

right, but MXL has ~30 of these along with level challenges, minigames, challenges, ect.

Offline Profile