Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

Post subject: FoH
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:46 am 

Since BH is being configured to no longer ignore magic immunity, I feel FoH needs changed. Originally is was lightning base with magic dmg added by holy bolt. As it stands now it's a totally magic based spell. Returning it to original form will not make it op, since it's tough enough to make strong as is. Leave the HB synergy as is, make the BH synergy into lightning dmg instead. This way it gives another skill to use against magic immunes for pally to use.

Last edited by kwikster on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: FoH
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:43 am 
Game Server Host

since hammers no long bypass resist, hdins will use a lot more -magic res gear so FoH will be better than it is currently with that change in setups.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:39 pm 

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it was my understanding that -res only applies AFTER the immunity is broken. Since conviction and LR do not target magic resistance, it cannot be broken.

"-resist stats on gear, may it be the bonus on infinity or on any facet, does not help in any way to break a monster immunity. Those only take effect once a monster immunity as been broken." Referenced from: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/show ... p?t=630699 (4th post down) and "another thing to note is that -enemy resists found on gear can't break immunities." taken from http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/370600-d ... n/45008666 (5th post down.)

So I'm a bit confused. Since vanilla requires an immunity to be broken before any -res items take effect, is this different on HU?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:48 pm 

there're only 2 mobs in game that can have magic immune, yetis in a3/a5. Bosses mods add too less magic res to bump other mobs to magic immune.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:55 pm 
Game Server Host

immunes are not an issue, you might see a magic immune arach in act 3 or a magic immune yeti in act 5 frozen citadel. hell darkness can spawn magic immune too but hammers didn't ignore his mag res before anyway since he is non demon/undead. so having 2 mobs (not even the mobs just the unique enemy itself) that happen to be immune isn't exactly a problem.

My healer used 12k ish FoH to kill azmo and belial on hell with no issues at all, that was without it being fully synergised and without + combat skills gear, I can't complain about FoH after using it as a main attack for so long tbh

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:22 pm 

Also, if the patch goes through once with all the skill changes, Sanctuary will have -20% enemy magic resistance, just like the other holy auras, which should be able to break minor immunities. If not.. where is your party?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:04 pm 

There again, IMMUNE to Magic Mass huge amounts of -res gear and kill it anyway. IMO, immune to element means just that, immune. Even lvl 25 conviction can't break cold immunes on vanilla, why should HU be different? The mod is hard, why work to make it easier?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:23 pm 

GR, dude, you're 3 days late ;/ Maybe next year HU will be trash mod when auras will be completely useless but meh. On vanilla conv rox dunno if you ever played tho.
And why do you still keep saying why this why that, make suggestion already, don't just keep posting random useless numbers here and there. No offence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:50 pm 
Game Server Host

kwikster wrote:
There again, IMMUNE to Magic Mass huge amounts of -res gear and kill it anyway. IMO, immune to element means just that, immune. Even lvl 25 conviction can't break cold immunes on vanilla, why should HU be different? The mod is hard, why work to make it easier?

Why do you keep spouting this? It is completely false. If an enemy is immune, no amount of passive pierce will be enough. To start with you asked about it, then after being told how it worked you started spewing out the complete opposite, repeatedly in multiple threads. Wtf?

If you don't believe me, test it. It takes about 1 minute to download udietoo, make a char and give it 1k passive pierce, and a whole extra 20 secs to go attack an immune enemy.

Anyway, like you have already been told, you will see 1 magic immune non boss maybe 6 or 7 times over the life of the char.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:05 pm 

after your complaints about blue's testing of rabies taking 7 mins to kill a sub boss i cant imagine you kill sub bosses much faster with 12k foh?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:48 pm 
Game Server Host

true but 12k foh was my choice, i could have at least doubled it if i went with an offensive setup, plus the synergies were not maxed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:46 pm 

that's fair then

Offline Profile