Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

Post subject: Bump Zod rune to lvl95?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:25 am 

Is there any reason not to bump Zod to lvl95?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Bump Zod rune to lvl95?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:38 pm 

In normal play, level 95 was usually acheived at the end of A5 Hell. I don't see any value in items that can't be used for at least some part of the game. However, if people are just going to rush their characters to Tundra and grind/leech away until level 95 anyways (for Anni charm I guess), then changing Zod to 95 won't make a difference.

Is the only purpose of this change to prevent people from using Zod in lower level eth rares?

Last edited by Brevan on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:44 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
Is there any reason not to bump Zod to lvl95?

Is there any reason to bump Zod to lvl 95?

We should present both sides then come to a conclusion. So, what are your reasons?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:47 pm 

LmT wrote:
Is there any reason to bump Zod to lvl 95?

We should present both sides then come to a conclusion. So, what are your reasons?

Valid point.

The runewords here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2342 That Sapphire had in mind are superior or comparable to lvl95 items, so to my mind it makes sense to set them as lvl95 items.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:35 pm 

Quote:
In normal play, level 95 was usually acheived at the end of A5 Hell
Hm, with a lot of griding, last time I killed ancients I was 92. I'm against it, you can level to 90 in a3 if you're having troubles/playing 1st char w/o gear and hopefully find it and make good use of it. Going to 95 would only mean more exp griding before real playing - like baal/samhein/los.
Also you can't compare rws to rares/uniqs as rws are already done while end game rares/uniqs come with 4socket making them somewhat better.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:47 pm 

Items like this are pretty powerful for lvl90

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:07 pm 

3hrs + gul and 4hrs speak for themselves.
Hm, http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8263/55030550.jpg
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6048/11656176.jpg
Imo it works only with +skill, so you could create dummy skill 95lvl req(doing absolutely nothing other than bumping req) and add it somewhere :-). IMO it's better (need more time thou) that nerfing zod.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:12 pm 

was just going for a simple solution. Seems like zod runewords = end game items and end game has been defined as lvl95.

I didn't think that increasing the lvl of zod to 95 would adversely affect its ability to drop, so I saw no real downside other than bumping the lvl req on zod runewords.

I could be wrong though, which is why I posted the question.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:15 pm 

Quote:
I didn't think that increasing the lvl of zod to 95 would adversely affect its ability to drop
It won't - runes have flat chance on every difficulty, it only depends on treasure class, zod is 1:1400 IIRC but only exist on a2+ hell mobs, and now it's better to farm Tundra NM for bers/ohms/vex's etc ;-) They even dropped me jah(eh another trick spoke laud)

Ah if you do all zod rw's insanely powerful I can vote for 95, but now, there are some rws - even suggested - that would not be good to be worth doing at 95lvl(no point in doing it) - I mean you would want to use it earlier, as on 95lvl you're pretty after Diablo. So yeah my 1 vote goes for 90lvl as a3-a4 acts are still hard(will be harder)

Edit: @Down - making more difference between a1/4 and a5 imo is a big nerf.

Last edited by Steel on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:18 pm 

Steel wrote:
so no eth zoded wpns etc.

yep, that's the point too. Those are also end game wpns.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:00 pm 

I personally could get behind making Zod a level 95 rune. Looking at things like that Desire bow, made one this current patch, was epic phailure. No where near the dmg I get from BloodRaven bow.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:25 pm 

kwikster wrote:
I personally could get behind making Zod a level 95 rune. Looking at things like that Desire bow, made one this current patch, was epic phailure. No where near the dmg I get from BloodRaven bow.

The why would you bump a rw from 90 to lvl 95 if its no where near the damg on wepons of the same lvl?? That makes no sence to me. Isn't that what the patch is about blancing out all wepons for there lvl. Rares, uniques, and rw's alike? isn't this why blue bumped up the damg of the lower-mid lvl uniques to keep up with some of the rw's and rares???

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:38 pm 

The new desire is a lot better than the old desire: Image

It is now as good as a lvl95 item which is why I was suggesting it should be made a lvl95 item.

The old piece of crap that Desire was before wasn't that good though, which is why no one bothered making it, much less bumping it up to lvl95

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:42 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
The new desire is a lot better than the old desire: Image

It is now as good as a lvl95 item which is why I was suggesting it should be made a lvl95 item.

The old piece of crap that Desire was before wasn't that good though, which is why no one bothered making it, much less bumping it up to lvl95

Well now see i never knew you was making it better. If you make them better than i dont care either way the only zod rune words i ever make is war and hatred. Seing how i mostly play non casters.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:43 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
The runewords here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2342 That Sapphire had in mind are superior or comparable to lvl95 items, so to my mind it makes sense to set them as lvl95 items.

from earlier in the thread for those just joining us.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:41 pm 

Just how really is it better then a eth rare gmb...That Desire has only what 5xx to 6xx dmg when gmb hits over 1xxx.. Don't see any point in this .. Plus most Zod rws will never hit ias brake points .. With that in mind its not really worth it..
Do zod words need some tweeking sure they can but .. Only with use full mods added to them or removed for better ones..
Another thing to is most people use more zod rws for mercs not there char except War.. Other then that most are just merc food..
Making Zods lvl 95 also just makes the game much more of a grind then it already is...Another thing to is the idea on makeing 95s lvl 90.. Um noway they will start dropping in a3 hell kurast .. All elite items in there base start to drop there I even had Tsrokes drop there already.. That will not improve the game but shift the game way out of balance I think..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:49 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
Just how really is it better then a eth rare gmb..

It isn't. Just saves you rolling time.

Asteroth wrote:
.That Desire has only what 5xx to 6xx dmg when gmb hits over 1xxx.. Don't see any point in this .. Plus most Zod rws will never hit ias brake points .. With that in mind its not really worth it..

Go ahead and redesign them. This was sapphire_rawk's model - feel free to make it better if you can.

Asteroth wrote:
Another thing to is the idea on makeing 95s lvl 90.. Um noway they will start dropping in a3 hell kurast .. All elite items in there base start to drop there I even had Tsrokes drop there already.. That will not improve the game but shift the game way out of balance I think..

So what. If you can use these Zod runewords (or rolled zod'd eth rares) that early, why not allow everything to be used that early?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:27 pm 

One thing why would you Zod a eth bow ?...And really I don't care much for what the Dev team made... Do I want to make them better yes but isn't that for Terry to deside... I'm just giving out suggestions and some ideas and answers to what your posting...Your clearly pissed off me blue thats fine ... But man don't dish out shit if you can't take it in return....You have made many insults towards me and many others around here... And as soon as someone hits you with comments you cry wolf.. Man what ever ... How about this instead of making it very clear that your angry.. Go do what i'm doing now and start testing shit like a moderator does and see what the real issues are instead of guessing all the time..

Think about it man you made how many new Rws in the past year and a half without even testing them just putting them in updates with no worning .. You guys scream balance and nerf but you make a rw despair thats so op at lvl 20 its silly .. 6 to psn strike ya that was a great idea.. How about plague gee there is a lvl 27 unique thats the same thing.. Purity by far the most op shield there is for a caster pally..I can go on and on.. See really I don't want to fight with you at all.. I just want whats best for Hu .. NOT MY SELF...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:20 am 

Desire on a1 merc will boost healer's hammers damage allowing him to solo things ;-) Maybe move zod to 92lvl? Clearly you could get that level in a3hell but won't unbalance things even with most powerful rws which looks as merc's weapons :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:25 am 

i say lvl zod at the lvl it's at but just change the zod rw's so more players use them ...only realy zod rw used a lot is war anyway...that why they need to be change most just are not worth making for your char but fine for merc....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:29 am 

Steel wrote:
Desire on a1 merc will boost healer's hammers damage allowing him to solo things ;-)

ya, already took that off for mostly that reason and others. Sapphire went a little aura crazy with things.

Offline Profile