Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 am

Post subject: Throwing Weapons
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 am 

Can throwing weapons be looked into? it sucks and puts people off having a weapon that cost 1million to repair just because you put a gem into it and only has 500 charges.
To counter this could we get the replenish mod on all throwing weapons? Or just make throwing weapons unlimited.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Throwing Weapons
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:44 pm 

Here's some food for thought. Any throwing weapon with a self repair mod costs only 1 gold to repair (unless changed on HU). Making an item "unlimited quantity" removes any strategic aspect of the game. If we make throw weapons such as axes infinite quantity, then bowazon will want same with arrows. As an alternative, smith runes and cube will atleast partially repair said weapon for 5k gold.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:28 am 

To help double throwers and allow them to use ethereal weapons I wouldnt mind seeing the replenish quantity and increased stack mods on more throwing weapons (uniques and runewords). Arrows/bolts can be readily found.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:10 am 

automagic.txt -> add replenish and add it (new number from group) on every thrownable weapon.

IMO it's a must(to replenish quantity)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:40 pm 

Looking over critter all unique throw weapons except glasya's have self repair mod. Perhaps the replenish needs adjusted from 1 every 25-40 sec down to every 10 seconds, not huge but would help. Many of the high-end rws also have it. Kinda a moot point when self repair is there.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:21 pm 

its true most high end uniques have self replenish, but how about crafted items etc that dont. I made a really good javelin a while ago but it cost me 1 million to repair each time and using a repair rune sucked as my cube is always full with junk!

i also think throwing barb is hit the worst with the poor replenish time as they go through them rapidly and it makes this build suck and not very practical.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:30 pm 

Problem with replenish on uniqs is it doesn't work as should - throwing barb will run out of ammo in few secs - boosting replenish to let's say 4sec would own.
And one thing - there was a discussion about removing ammo costs on every skill - but it won't work with double throw, so replenish on every item I suggest :-)
Quote:
a repair rune sucked as my cube is always full with junk!
Same, it's morea bag than a horadric cube :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:23 pm 

is there a way to like make an invisible slot for throw weapons, and make a 1x1 item that you just drop into the throw weapon to replenish it? and once dropped into said item, that it will dissapear, being able to drop another said item into it when needed again?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:44 am 

Make the repelish time better, or a way to help throw barbs, reduce the speed at which they throw say -25%?? and buff their damge by +25%?? i dunno i am just think of different options.

Shame that this issue with throwing weapons will not be fixed as its not mentioned in patch notes and i feel this really restricts/kills certain class builds.

Could this not be looked into at least by one of the development team?? or at least acknowledge there is a problem here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:30 am 

Corley wrote:
Could this not be looked into at least by one of the development team?? or at least acknowledge there is a problem here.

I think it is a problem, but I don't think there is a good solution that I can get implemented in time other than dropping the replenish rate on uniques. Other more radical changes I worry about getting well tested before implementation. I don't want to introduce new bugs.

It may just need to wait this round.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:09 pm 

Imo automagic could balance it well... like said in 4th post

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:20 pm 

Steel wrote:
Imo automagic could balance it well... like said in 4th post

sure - test it out and make sure it doesn't break things and I will be happy to add it in. Just make sure it is 100% bug free.

I just don't want to add new items to my "to do" list though as that will delay an already delayed patch from getting out the door.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:24 pm 

why it shouldn't be "bug free" w/o testing? Now you have all +res/psn dmg on dins/necs shield ETC controlled by automagic and it's not bugged. So every norm/magic/rare/craft item would have that magic mod on it...
Quote:
I just don't want to add new items to my "to do" list though as that will delay an already delayed patch from getting out the door.
It's really 5min of changes...
But could you say what should I look for if I'm to look for some bugs? if not every item gets repl or too fast?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:30 pm 

i dunno how the automagic mod works, if you do - cool. Without knowing how it works, I wouldn't know what could go wrong. So if I were to implement this, i would have to first research how automagic works. That isn't something I think I should do.

If you want this to be your ball though - that's cool. Just give me the thumbs up that it works and you have tested it and I will happily roll it in.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:43 pm 

Automagic adds custom mod on norm/magic/rare items before other mods are spawn, and not removing overall properties limit on magic/rares but let me quote:
Quote:
This file controls auto-affix mods for item drops. Auto mods add magical properties to items without changeing their magic type. This file is very versitile, and gives you fairly fine control over when, and on what, various properties will appear. You can create groups of auto mods, and control mods by level. You can also set probibilities of various mods in a group appearing.
If you wonder how automagic works look on any white paladin shield - it's never plain, and only +skill(din only) are hardcoded.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:14 pm 

bump http://img255.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=50331221.jpg
Tested, it replenish quantity over 7 sec(which seems max) on every throwable wpn automagic is used.
Imo better that than nothing! :P (still uniqs have to have rep-quant as they func in other way than norm/magic/rare items)

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4595/xxc12.jpg Code I've used - feel free to reproduce it lol. just need to add it to "auto prefix" in weapons.txt

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:15 am 

hey Steel thanks for looking into this.

So you say the replenish interval is 7 seconds now, what was it before?

When i get back from work i will try the automagic fx you used and mess about with it and see if it breaks at all.

Thanks again for looking into this i'd really like to get this added to the patch as it helps certain classes and will hopefully open them up or make them seem more viable.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:07 am 

Quote:
So you say the replenish interval is 7 seconds now, what was it before?
on Tstroke it was 25 for that matter, so 7 secs too.
If you want to test it - do some crafts, roll rare/magic items in cube to see if repl stays - it should but I haven't tested it and prolly won't.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:30 pm 

Bump - Did some code edit and managed to change replenish rate to 1 per sec... now max is 125 frames... Could lower it to 50frames not to abuse your CPU that much.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:35 pm 

i dont know much about the coding for replenish, but is there a way to increase the quantity it replenishes per x secs, like how prayer skill gives a set amount of HP per 2 secs?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:37 pm 

Code:
6FC4A407   |>  B8 C4090000               MOV EAX,9C4
6FC4A40C   |.  99                        CDQ
6FC4A40D   |.  F77C24 18                 IDIV DWORD PTR SS:[ESP+18]
6FC4A411   |.  40                        INC EAX
6FC4A412   |.  83F8 7D                   CMP EAX,7D
6FC4A415   |.  7D 05                     JGE SHORT D2Game.6FC4A41C
6FC4A417   |.  B8 7D000000               MOV EAX,7D

7D is 125 frames, changing it to 19 or 32 means 25 or 50 frames
Going lower like 20 quantity per sec could eat your RAM (as it would try do this action for every 1 frame) in no time, so that's bad.

Offline Profile