Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm

Post subject: Patch suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:24 pm 

With all of the talk around, it seems there is a little confusion on what the Balance team is actually suggesting, so let me put it all in one place so that Soulmancer can give it a read:

General adjustments:
1. Spawn remains the same and is not increased to 4 spawn

2. Grand Charm skillers are replaced with Soulstone skill charms. the details of which are found here: http://blue.arimyth.com/charms.html Soulstones are a Carry 1 item and don't drop every time you face a Hell boss.

3. Crushing blow reduced to a 1% chance of occurring on 2h weapons. For a paladin attacking at least at 5 FPA (which is 5 attacks per second), this means they will deliver a crushing blow about once every 20 seconds. For barbs/druids who often attack at 4 FPA (which is 6.25 attacks per second) they will deliver a crushing blow once every 16 seconds.

4. Portals now have quest requirements returned to them to reduce rushing

5. A character that has completed the Normal (Nightmare as well) Baal quest cannot --JOIN-- a game that has the quest open. These characters can still --CREATE-- Normal (and Nightmare) games though.

6. Ability to gain strength from items is greatly diminished. So players can either choose between great end game gear or lots of life.

7. Other item changes here: http://blue.arimyth.com/helms.html , http://blue.arimyth.com/Crafting-patch.html , http://blue.arimyth.com/gems.html and http://blue.arimyth.com/aldurswatchtower.html

Skill Changes:

PureRage_DoD has been working on and implemented the following skill changes:

Necro
1 skeleton at 1 hard point, 2 at 2 hard points, then 1 more for every 2 points, capping at 11 skeles and 11 mages.
Poison Strike no longer spawns a cloud
CE now has double the mana cost and a 1 sec cooldown
Pierce values on lr/amp have been changed to 1% per hard point and 1% per 4 soft points.
Blades no longer block paths
Summons AI Delay has been halved
Mages life gains actually work now

Druid
Spirit wolves are capped at 3
Dire wolves capped at 2
Lycanthropy gains 4%life per level instead of 5%
Ravens damage has been buffed greatly. You gain 1 raven at level 1, 1 more at 10 hard points and a final raven at 20 hard points.
The damage gains get better at higher skill levels so test with some + skills
moultenboulder: synergys changed (10%phys-volvano, armageddon & fissure) (12%fire with firestorm) Gains 1 extra boulder when maxed
Fissure: synergys changed (10% syn with firestorm, Volcano & moulten Boulder)
armageddon: doubled missiles splash radius
Volcano: reduced missile radius from 6 to 4
Summons AI Delay has been halved

Barb
Increased stamina reduced to 4% per level.
Frenzy now gives 1%dr per hard point and is included in the self buff portion of the skill. Duration increased to 20 secs
Masterys now start at 12% critical strike at level 1 and cap at 50% at 20 hard points in the skill.
Grim Ward now summons a single blade with an aura that reduces enemys def by 25% (12 yard radius)

Sin
Claw Mastery now gains 10% AR per hard point in Venom
Fade now yields 1% DR per hard point and is listed on the skill
Shadow Master won't use traps or mind blast.
Shadows AI Delay has been halved
Phoenix Strike now releases all charges at the same time

Zon
Impale now deals magic damage. Def will now be dropped to 0 while using impale for a fraction of a second.
Strafe had its NHD reduced to 2 from 4 (should double single target DPS)
Vlak's AI Delay has been Halved

Sorc
Icebolt missile speed increased to match firebolts
Hydra's duration increased to 24 seconds. Max number of hydra heads increased from 12 to 24
Frozen armor can be cast on friendly units
FireWall: capped at 10 yards
Blizzard: reduced radius from 7 to 4 to increase target effectiveness

Pally
Smite now grants 1%Dr per hard point active for 5 secs after smiting
Blessed hammers no longer bypass demon and undead mag resist
Salvation now provides no absorbs but gains 1% absorb per point into each respective resist aura.
Each respective resist aura (fire, cold, and light) now provides 10 absorb to its element rather than 20.
Conviction now starts at 25% pierce gaining 1% per hard point and 1% per 4 soft points and provides the pally a 1% per 2 hard points passive pierce to each element.
Sanctuarys base magic damage increased by 20%, damage to demons is = to undeads, 20% magic pierce added to the aura
Vengeance now has a splash radius and a new overlay to go with it. Damage has been reduced by 50% but the attacked target is hit twice (splash and swing)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Patch suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:20 pm 

so ber rune's 4% cb in weapons will stay? or you just forgot to modify?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:31 pm 

tucker wrote:
so ber rune's 4% cb in weapons will stay? or you just forgot to modify?

The community hadn't reached a consensus, so I haven't made any adjustments on that. I haven't gotten to runewords yet either.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:18 am 

mancer has aready said skillers stay and he may change the lvl to 85 or90 to make them harder to find..... and mancer has the mod and the community in mind when he says what should be done and not doing any major changes that will reinvent hu....blue and some of the dev team only want to keep pushing the dev patch not careing that so many are against it and keep pushing even after mancer said no major changes and has said many time little changes

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:53 am 

I agree with all of dev team changes. HU should be much harder than it`s now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:26 am 

Just-ice wrote:
I agree with all of dev team changes. HU should be much harder than it`s now.

There is no doubt HU needs adjustments. The biggest question is, how much of one is too much? Some areas are receiving major debuffing while a few other get buffed to counter. There is a fine line here, I only hope it can be walked without major consequences.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:30 am 

cool-player wrote:
mancer has aready said skillers stay and he may change the lvl to 85 or90 to make them harder to find..... and mancer has the mod and the community in mind when he says what should be done and not doing any major changes that will reinvent hu....blue and some of the dev team only want to keep pushing the dev patch not careing that so many are against it and keep pushing even after mancer said no major changes and has said many time little changes

Yes, I know what Soulmancer has said. I did learn how to read around the same time I learned to write.

What have I said? I just want to be 100% sure everything is clear before walking away from this patch. If you read my first post rather than simply spamming nonsense again, perhaps you would understand that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:37 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
Yes, I know what Soulmancer has said. I did learn how to read around the same time I learned to write.

What have I said? I just want to be 100% sure everything is clear before walking away from this patch. If you read my first post rather than simply spamming nonsense again, perhaps you would understand that.
My only hope would be to strike a bit middle ground on some things you have proposed. On a few items, I would like to see a bit less resistance reduction, such as Kiras being brought back up a touch. If I'm understanding how you're thinking, you would like to get cb to around 10% max from all sources. Personally I like the idea of nerfing skillers, and giving soul shards a real purpose, gives us a reason to even try getting them. As they stand now, most are a waste of space.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:37 pm 

i vouch so much for this make it happend blue!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:40 pm 

blue can't make it happen when mancer already said the changes were to major and he only wants small changes and it is mancers mod not blues everyone that wants the patch makes it sound like what mancer want don't count thats just wrong when he has started a few times what he wants

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:51 pm 

to bad i loved the items changes i can undestands blues frustration!! bc there is some really nice stuff in that itempack that would make this mod alot moore fun! not to mention all the time that blue putted in to this!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:04 pm 

"A character that has completed the Normal (Nightmare as well) Baal quest cannot --JOIN-- a game that has the quest open. These characters can still --CREATE-- Normal (and Nightmare) games though" - No idea i how u made but LOVE YOU !!! <3 <3 <3

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:41 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
5. A character that has completed the Normal (Nightmare as well) Baal quest cannot --JOIN-- a game that has the quest open. These characters can still --CREATE-- Normal (and Nightmare) games though.

I feel that's a bit overkill. There are times when running pubs with a random team you get a mix that doesn't work very well. To me the better choice is to change it so characters need to be present in quest area to get quests. Also, at Baal a char needs to be required to talk to tyreal before moving to next difficulty. Is it possible to say put a requirement on Ball quest of say 30 in normal, 60 in nightmare and 90 in hell to get quest?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:41 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:

If Mancer lets that happen im sure u whont need me and some of my friends next ladder. Its pointless to sacrifice such amount of time on a free time activity. Just to kill Baal with a full team properly takes atleast 3-4 hours if everything goes fine. That whont work even more likely with the different timezone players. Imagine im in center europe and for example Eric lives in US. If u wana do Baal with same lvl eq etc players ..then form ur own private game or put lvl restrictions.
So pointless.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:00 pm 

Part of the ideas being presented here are to prevent rushing by using a "bumper" to get some people quests. Such as a level 10 in normal act5 getting "bumped" into nm by a level 25 character. My idea would permit higher levels to come into say normal and help out, but would prevent those standing in town from getting some quests. My attitude is, if you can't be there for the quest, you shouldn't be able to get it. I have seen a few lower level chars making hell games asking for help. C'mon a level 10 char has no business being permitted to get to hell.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:58 pm 
Game Server Host

higher level players cn help if they want. but they need to make the game and run the party through the act until the boss. There is no reason for a level 80 to be in a tem on normal diblo for example. At least the act bosses should be fought propperly or the entire point of the mod is lost (epic boss fights???)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:23 am 

Any proposed changes to mercenaries? I'm particularly interested in A2 aura changes. Bring back Blessed Aim and Defiance! Also will A1 physical rogues be tweaked?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:05 am 
Game Server Host

Haven't done any merc work I don't think. 've been busy with a collapsed room this week but it should be finished by saturday evening and I can do the merc stuff. I think it was agreed to switch thorns for blessed aim and A1 mercs lose multishot? One question is though, what replaces multishot if it is going? strafe?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:21 am 

how about giving the a1 merc might? should fit those who are interested in the a1 merc. then a2 merc could get defiance once again. :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:25 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Haven't done any merc work I don't think. 've been busy with a collapsed room this week but it should be finished by saturday evening and I can do the merc stuff. I think it was agreed to switch thorns for blessed aim and A1 mercs lose multishot? One question is though, what replaces multishot if it is going? strafe?

Do we have to replace thorns? I believe all the A2 auras are the same in all difficulties. Quite bland don't you think? Give NM blessed aim, holy freeze, and defiance. Norm&Hell remain the same?

As for A1 mercs until we fix the crazy x-bow speed & dexterity(or maxdmg early on) combo they're gonna be very powerful. Changing MS to strafe I'm afraid will make them smoke sub bosses even faster. My only gripe with the physical rogues is that their AOE and sub boss killing is so strong it overshadows a lot of builds that are supposed to excel at the aforementioned. It especially happens in HC, where with a physical rogue you can have great AOE and single target damage while being able to play very safe.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:20 am 

Strafe would in theory lock the rogue in place until its over, making it vulnerable for a second or two, unlike MS in which one can just continually teleport with little fear of being killed, or make it so the physical mercs MS skill only improves with +all skill items no gains in arrows with level progression.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:00 am 

Incredible, all the little things that displeased me are being fixed!!! As exemple:
Str glitch will no longer be the way to go.
Rolling skillers will no longer be the ultimate way to get rich.
Frenzy barbs will become valuable with dr%.
Smite will no longer be a 1pt skill with its dr% per hard point.
Oskilled CE on gear will allow classes other than nec to destroy cows!

Can't wait to see what happens with ber's cb%

My only suggestion would be to do something about the omnipresent manaburn, which makes the es/telek sorc too vulnerable, 40 points spent into that should allow real tanking abilities imo.

Simply Marvelous!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:25 am 

The idea of removing mana burn would alter balance too much. Since es sorcs wouldn't have to worry as much about getting burned, they'd be the new tanks. The reduction in cb across the board will make smite is less effective. As a side note, adding dr to smite is ok and all. However much of the gear is being nerfed to remove dr as well, so it's really a wash either way.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:25 am 

Quote:
The idea of removing mana burn would alter balance too much. Since es sorcs wouldn't have to worry as much about getting burned, they'd be the new tanks.
Most bosses don't have mana burn and I don't see es sorc tanking. Mana burn is broken but it shouldn't be removed, fixed in monumod.txt or via codedit. Now it's just random mod that drains everyones mana out of sudden. No other boss mod have such strong effect. Ofc someone will say it's OK bcos they don't know how to fix it....
Quote:
As a side note, adding dr to smite is ok and all.
I'd like to see it using AR :-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:30 am 

kwikster wrote:
The idea of removing mana burn would alter balance too much. Since es sorcs wouldn't have to worry as much about getting burned, they'd be the new tanks.

I didnt mean totally removing mana burn, just soften it a little bit.
I must admit i dont know if its possible to just make it weaker or make less monsters having that ability or whatever to just weaken it without removing it completely. Ofc we dont want indestructible sorcs with max es and telekinesis :)

Would it be possible for it to have as effect something like a very high value of negative mana regen for a short moment instead? as drain life works on gear?

My concern is not only about es sorcs but all classes, getting manaburned is really the biggest ww stopper... but maybe this is meant to be. Its hell after all ^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:45 am 
Game Server Host

Steel wrote:
I'd like to see it using AR :-)

easy fix

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:28 pm 

so has mancer decided whats going to be put into the patch yet?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:47 pm 

ziggy wrote:

ya - community patch has the green light.
I am finalizing it all up now and hope to have it up within a week or so.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:05 pm 
Game Server Host

ok, i have to upload a fresh skills.txt too

Edit: also, want the stat charm?
Edit2: I've put the added properties lines and itemstatcost lines into 2 seperate files with the stuff i'll upload. You just need to copy them into itemstatcost and properties.txt and change the id numbers so they are running in sequence. You could just put the 3 properties on the norm sammy charm. I'll inclued the .tbl files with new strings for it too.

also, whats the verdict on the mana burn fix? IMO, a blatant blizzard bug should be fixed anyway. I don't buy the whole "INABIAF" thing. I'd vote for it being added.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:28 pm 

will send you a PM PureRage with the info

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:50 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
also, whats the verdict on the mana burn fix? IMO, a blatant blizzard bug should be fixed anyway. I don't buy the whole "INABIAF" thing. I'd vote for it being added.
I'd also vote for the manaburn fix to be added. I think the main argument against it is that Energy Shield would be a lot more powerful, but considering the high damage that creatures do in HU, a sorc's mana bulb probably won't last too long.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:09 am 

and that ele dmg is taken like you have 0 res

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:41 am 

I see your points here, but that's like saying I want Baal to do 1/2 dmg to my melee char. Doing this to mana burn would be like what blizz did in removing IM after only 10 years. Yes, mana burn is obnoxious to say the least, but we've all been living with it for years. Most people saying fix mana burn are the same ones trying to make this patch harder than current version. Defies logic, nerf gear, skillers etc, change many skills, but remove mana burn. The only part of mana burn I'd like to see removed is from a ranged monster, IMO their missile attacks shouldn't have it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:57 am 

it is a blizzard bug. make it so 1 hit doesnt drain so much

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:44 am 

Quote:
Doing this to mana burn would be like what blizz did in removing IM after only 10 years.
d2mod and plugy were made to fix that bullshit blizzard messed. Hint: mana burn bug was added in 1.10
Quote:
but remove mana burn
Noone is saying about REMOVING mana burn. You get it all wrong
Mana burn should do damage to mana based on mobster normal damage. It's not that like ES sorcs don't get dmg at all... They will get normal dmg + additional from mana burn, but no full orb in one hit. If you have 4000mana with BO then you're ok, that's the case of going full mana and mana gear, No? But still you can get hurt alot when facing mana burn mobster.
Here I throw you a bone http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2603/xxxwu.jpg that's not final version...
Quote:
The only part of mana burn I'd like to see removed is from a ranged monster, IMO their missile attacks shouldn't have it.
FYI mana burn on missiles isn't bugged, only melee, so you get a little sign how it works normal way ;-)

Edit: sorcs tanking mana burn ?? http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6131/sorcy.jpg keep in mind that can be easily changed to drain MORE mana via monumod.txt
Edit2: Screenshot above shows mana burn 20% of normal dmg

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:46 am 

Steel, you make it all clear, ftw.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:17 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
ziggy wrote:

ya - community patch has the green light.
I am finalizing it all up now and hope to have it up within a week or so.

awesome im looking forward to the HU this year. it will be new and interesting :)
hope people treat newbies nicely though.

also the manaburn fix is a great idea. i remember the first char i made on HU was a frozen orb sorc with energy shield. i massed energy and yet it sucked soo bad haveing my energy drop too 0 vs any melee mana burn. and since many areas had melee mana burns i never made that char again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:23 am 

Can we get a new thread for patch feedback?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:26 pm 

drrod wrote:
Can we get a new thread for patch feedback?

Sure. I don't think there is going to be any really valid feedback until folks play a little further though. Normal difficulty is largely unchanged.

Offline Profile