Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

Post subject: Crafts
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:06 pm 

Are they being looked into? Other than a select few they seem quite weak. The exceptional and elite safety crafts seems to have very low d mdr?
Perhaps 1 all skills on except caster armor is appropriate and 2 for elite? Or even 1, 2, 3 considering unique items seem to be getting more skills.
Most death crafts other than wep seems not worth it. The ed is nothing and ias is easily capped for most chars.
Perhaps a tier for elite gems could be added with ms attributes except slightly smaller gap and 2 small new mod as a token of perfection. Nothing game breaking grind rewarding but something small like 1-2 skill damage on topaz pierce crafts and 1-2 pierce on its complement. Or a smaller life drain on soul skull craft?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Crafts
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:49 am 

silent- wrote:
Are they being looked into? Other than a select few they seem quite weak. The exceptional and elite safety crafts seems to have very low d mdr?
Perhaps 1 all skills on except caster armor is appropriate and 2 for elite? Or even 1, 2, 3 considering unique items seem to be getting more skills.
Most death crafts other than wep seems not worth it. The ed is nothing and ias is easily capped for most chars.
Perhaps a tier for elite gems could be added with ms attributes except slightly smaller gap and 2 small new mod as a token of perfection. Nothing game breaking grind rewarding but something small like 1-2 skill damage on topaz pierce crafts and 1-2 pierce on its complement. Or a smaller life drain on soul skull craft?

I second this suggestion for the crafts, +to skills would help make these more viable options, but it would have to be a low % chance to roll and I think you should at max only do +1. +2 w the ability of 4 soc's might be too much.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:57 am 

Here is my take on crafting adjustments: http://blue.arimyth.com/Crafting-patch.html

I haven't cross-checked it all, but then again with the patch completely up in the air, I figured I would just post it up. (giving it a second look, there are a few minor tweaks that I would probably still do)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:49 pm 

I like the ideas, with the feeling that +1or +2 skills should be the cap. Looks like most things are in line with proposed changes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:16 am 

quick question, why was the mana on caster craft lowered to match ruby craft life?
mana is a weaker mod imo it would be appropriate to keep it higher that +life? dont think we risk overpowered melee sorcs by letting elite caster craft stay at 75-150 mana?
also poison nova seems untweaked on topaz craft, typo?
and holy shield has a useless lvl foh. im guessing the elite one is a typo?
any chance on the holy crafts with less awesome auras getting higher levels? especially vigor, but also blessed aim and defiance.
do anyone actually use non-weapon death craft? could their ed be upped a bit? seems overall 0ed is getting buffed, 15-30 ed is already close to nothing except long before you get pgems.

also, does the increased curse duration on death craft weapons work? doesnt display so im guessing it dont. then i dont see much reason to keep it there.

and off topic: frozen armor staff is commented on being op and getting a nerf, but overall +skils are increasing, wont this nullify the nerfage? could a complete removal of the 0skill frozen armor be better?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:30 am 

silent- wrote:
and off topic: frozen armor staff is commented on being op and getting a nerf, but overall +skils are increasing, wont this nullify the nerfage? could a complete removal of the 0skill frozen armor be better?
The added +skills will not improve it's effectiveness as the +2 druid skills you're seeing. The reduction to +4-6 as an oskill is substantial and should be effective as intended.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:32 am 

im not hinting at the item itself, in talking overall gear. see templar griffs etc etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:44 am 

Well on the first page I see where pure wants to make FA castable on friendly units. That'd make it possible to seriously op that, compared to updated zero staff. On a side note, have you read that he proposes adding 1% dr per hard point to smite and frenzy? Yet, they're wanting to nerf it on most gear. No other skills are getting it. Don't like the idea myself, but meh what do I know.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:28 pm 
Game Server Host

frozen armor was made to be castable on friendly targets ONLY if the oskill frozen armor was being removed. It was meant to give the sorc a unique party skill.

Offline Profile