Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

Post subject: Minor Adjustments
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:45 am 

Some pet peeves I'd like to some how work out:

1. I'd like for mercenaries to be a little more powerful, not in the overwhelming sense, but for them to actually survive long enough to kill a boss. Not that I want them to have infinite health or anything, but despite my best efforts, my mercenaries always die from poison. Even with Venom Ward armor and Death's Hand, fighting a boss with poison attacks is a death sentence. I'd like to suggest that mercs don't die from poison but rather, lower their HP until it's 1 like players. It was especially annoying in Spider Hole, the whole entire dungeon is a goddamn squiggly circle to spend 10 minutes running in. The boss there already has stone skin, so the magic merc is vital. But a single poison attack would cause me to have to run all the way back to town just to resurrect him.

2. Some skill changes for Golems as well since I was playing a Golemmancer.
I noticed Golems don't have any synergies with each other, making rock and flesh golem useless later on. I also find it strange that a flesh golem would be affiliated with lightning and an iron golem with poison (shouldn't it be the other way around?).

So I suggest:

Rock Golem: Each level adds +10% defense bonus to other golems.
Flesh Golem: Each level adds +10% life bonus to other golems.
Iron Golem: Each level adds +5% damage + attack rating bonus to other golems.
Force Golem: Each level adds +3% elemental resist to other golems.

It would also be nice if the golems use separate cooldowns as well.

3. Now I understand the concept of not having Portal scrolls to prevent rushing, but like I said with the Spider Hole, a map like that is just tedious to run around in circles in. But when you're soloing (which you're likely to do since not that many people play the mod) could you add a random (spawns randomly) portal shrine/lightning spike in some of the longer dungeons where there aren't any WP near? Might save some people a hell of a lot of time rather than having to leave the game and rejoin.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Minor Adjustments
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:55 am 
Game Server Host

put deaths gloves on him if poison is really hurting. Another thing to do with act 3 mercs early on is to fill them with + life replenish gear. This makes them extremely sturdy.

2 angelic rings, snakecord belt, arcannas helm, and anything else you can find with replenish.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:19 pm 

1) I agree with PureRage regarding the Replenish life. Another thing you can consider, since you're a summoner, is that most poison skills require line-of-sight to get their target, so just summon something in between your merc and Sszak. Even the pulse-effect of "Poison Enchanted" (the blank mod on named critters) works by casting an invisible poison nova that can be blocked by summons. Lastly, consider Antidotes (in Hell, these can prevent the loss of 10k HP).

2) The golems are already pretty powerful. They each have decent resistance to the element they're enchanted with, and they gain 2% res per level (capped at 66%, just like all other summons (might be a couple missing out)). Just so you know, GMastery has a text error, it adds 10%HP per level, while levels in the golems themselves adds 25%HP. The base HP of the golems is 1.5x in NM, and 2x in Hell. It would be nice if some skills could have seperate cool-downs, but I don't think the game engine supports that (I've just never seen or heard of anyone doing this, and the text-files don't imply that it's possible).

3) There are some areas with portals that act as shortcuts, but they're usually only for multi-floor areas, like Frozen Citadel (about 10 small floors). Considering Sszak's place only takes about a minute to run once you've cleared it, I think a single-floor area like hers doesn't need the portal. Consider investing in Faster Run/Walk gear to prevent insanity, it helps. The lack of Portals in HU was to prevent people from being able to open a portal at a boss, talk to the town healer half way through the boss battle, and then return to a wounded boss.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:34 pm 
Game Server Host

golems are great, im a big fan. you can kill bosses like hell andariel by just spamming iron golem even if your merc dies and clay golem can hold hell duriel in place with enough time to pop an iron golem in between if you max it too. (iron golem >>> duriel too) against heavy spell users like mephisto they are just something to hold them in place while the merc kills as his melee isn't very good for iron golem to be a big help, diablo is the only one i struggle on with golems. It's best to just spam 1 point blades for him and let someone else kill while you amp/lr

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:07 pm 

Granted watching your merc die due to poison is annoying, it's hardly game breaking. I say leave mercs as is. This isn't vanilla where a merc should be able to tank and kill hell baal. A merc should be nothing more than an assistant. Certain mercs have decent survivability, depending on gear ofc. Your merc should be more tune to trash killing rather than boss beater. That's just my 2 cents here.

Offline Profile