Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 am

Post subject: More endgame content
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:57 am 

I am playing this mod for a few months and I have to admit it is the best I have ever seen. To make this mod even better and more fun, I would put more endgame challenges there. There are so many useless dungeons in every act where some boss like Samhain (with good drop) could be waiting 8-) You can easily create a few of them and they could drop something (like keys to get to LOS) which could be cubed to get some nice armour/weapon...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: More endgame content
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:21 am 

median

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:49 am 
Game Server Host

Zikur wrote:
median was not the first mod to add new areas and maps and endgame content

fixed.

I don't know why people think median was the first to do everything. Pretty much EVERYTHING has been done at one time or another or is already in the game but not utilised, the game has been being modded for over 10 years now.

Honourific items for example are actually "tempered" items that have been in the game since day 1 but not fully utilised by blizzard. "Book of summoning" skill is in the game already (imp spawner missile) etc. etc. The only way to find a mod that is 100% diff from all d2 mods is to play another game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:24 pm 

Do you remember diablo 1? Idea about one sacred labirynth with disabled mini map. With sectors dead ends etc.
y - 23 24 1 36 37 38 - b
\ / / \ \ / /
21 2 3 -4 - x 34 35
| / \ / \ \/
x - 12-11 -10 -5 6 7 8 - 9 - 31 - 32 - 33
/ \ \/ / \
13 14 15 16 17 - 19- 20 - y
/ \ / \ \ \
/\ 27 / 28 29 - b
c- 39 - 30-25 26 /
/ \ 40 - c
41 42 / \ \
/ \45-46-43 49 50 -- 51
47 ---- 48 / \
52 <GOAL>
Each area would be huge and randomed from 10-20 models. Nobody can put map on website and it would be impossible to use it anyway cause mini map is disabled and all areas would be randomed. Guess it s not hard to do but can u make 6 (66) act happen!
Btw sry for bad eng.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:25 pm 

lmfao
did i say it was?
he wants more shit to do then he can go play median.
/inb4flame

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:30 pm 
Game Server Host

theres no flaming going on. I just see "median has that" "median done that another way" "try median, its got lots of new stuff".

When thats true of 90% of mods already

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:02 am 

Well i didnt see labirynth in annnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyy game in world, real labirynt without map without minimap help completly random. There s no game when you cant know what s gonna be behind the corner so explain me where is such thing in median. Unfortunately i cant post example of that dungeon as u can see in last post. Well zikur you missed the point maybe because you more likely spaming all over the forum: "...This is median ...this is alrdy invent in my imagination ...no future ..no future." or it s because your zombie mod that' s rly fit to autumn atmosphere but no.. same aura of death hit me half year ago and now it s nerly winter you should get stronger, be more vitaly or you are eskimo?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:40 am 
Game Server Host

what he said. :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:27 pm 

... so Samhain has been banished from median before he found some place to live in HU :D

so nobody likes the idea? ok, I can live with it :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:02 pm 

LOLOLOL
so cause purerage said i said 'median already did this' thats what i said? the post was for more shit to do endgame, if he wants that go play median. im sure there are plenty of ppl that play this mod that are content with the amount there is now and would rather a reset now than in another 6 months after more 'patch development.' you are right about one thing tho. there is no future. why continue to pour efforts and time into modding a game based on an archaic engine? its what? 13+ years old? longest i can remember d2 from is 9 years and it wasnt new then.
I dont even know what ur going on about an aura, but i think there was a touch of strawman in there so no wonder purerage jumped on board. i hope you feel less depressed soon. physical activity is a great way to stay healthy and positive. you should give it a try.
lololol my one word post trolls hard apparently
/inb4morelulz

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:48 am 
Game Server Host

I jumped on board with what? I never said it was a good idea and I never said It should be done. I pointed out that median is far from original.

I don't know much american history but what you said is like saying:
"George Washington was a president but Gearge Bush was better because he is more recent".

comedy

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:50 pm 

who the fuck said median is better or median did it first or anything of that sort. you said all of that. nobody else. stop projecting.
if that comment is about d2 being and old shitty game engine not worth the time and effort to further develop mod content then i dont know what to tell you. its old. newer games are better and utilize the computing power available.
as for your on board part it would be ur 'what he said' when half his post was dribble and the other half targeted me and tried to project the posters depression on to me. then followed by what i can only see as a maybe insult to say i might be albino? i dont know. strawman arguments aren't worth the effort to engage in.
TL;DR
median has what the OP is looking for
/thread

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:54 pm 
Game Server Host

easy tiger, im just having abit of fun with you :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:12 pm 

ehm, how easily we jump from endagame content to american history :D

anyway, good point about why update mod for so old game. Maybe because it is still great to play. Take a look at recent released games. Nothing special, mostly poor quality. D2 is still better. You are right, it is so old that I know every item's name :) Mods are the only thing which allows us to see something new, and we can enjoy even so old game. Zikur, you did not enjoy Samhain quest with that long journey to him? you did not enjoy LOS? If you do, why you are against something like that? It brings something new, and more funny monster, more fun :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:55 pm 

they already exist. nobody said remove the existing content. its adding it that takes time and labour both of which are not really available for a decade old game.

Offline Profile