Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 am

Post subject: On hit/struck/death/attack/level Skills.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:25 pm 

Hail HU Community.

I've been playing with possible items/abilities and found a pretty interesting one.

As long as my limited knowledge goes, On hit damaging skills at high levels are merely a visual effect for giggles, as an example, Immortal King's level 40 chain lighting on attack. It is, even at 40, a extremely weak ability (due to no Lightning Mastery or Sinergies) and does nothing but hit some enemies with lightning, so you know it did proc. Awesome.

I found one that can be pretty devastating. Ether Nova.
It's the nova baal casts when you fight him on Worldstone Chamber, which sends a bunch of missiles around you, and each time the missile hits something, it has a chance (Maybe everytime it does land, not sure) to cause another Ether Nova to irradiate from the target, which can destroy some weaker enemies and do decent damage to stronger ones very quickly, while being mostly useless against bosses.

The only balance Issue i found was that sometimes, when stars allign or something, you can create a chain that goes on until everything is pretty much dead on the whole zone, or until theres no more enemies to hit in sight. That can easily be fixed by lowering the range, which is around 2 screens from the center right now.

Would make a very nice on hit/struck proc, creating certain chaos on big groups.

Overkill.

P.S.: i can try and take a nice shot of the ether nova in action if needed. But im not at home atm, will be in some hours.

Edit: There goes the ether nova in the Glacial Dome. It wont kill the monters, but put everyone at 50% HP or so, kind of strong for a proc, but could be 1-3% chance and the damage could be lowered.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: On hit/struck/death/attack/level Skills.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:38 am 

interesting.

I do agree that the proc's are mostly eye candy but a few people put them to decent use. Here is a good discussion of that: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=785

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:32 pm 

would suck dry available graphic memory in no time. anyway, sorca/merc are for trash imo.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:18 pm 
Game Server Host

I used them on my frostbiter. with such high speed you can proc the hoarfrost, diablo fire etc. quite often. Its good in combination with an infinity merc for trash farming.

Offline Profile