Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

Post subject: Holy Shield LOL
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:00 am 
Game Server Host

I been working on some stuff and managed to get holy shield to work on a sorc. I'm currently trying to redesign the animation to have flames coming off of it and change the cross to a circle for sorcs. Its damn hard though considering im USELESS with any kinda art stuff and theres about 1500 frames all in all to go through. It's possible if terry wants to use it though :)

Attachments:
Screenshot008.jpg
Screenshot008.jpg [ 480.96 KiB | Viewed 8817 times ]

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Holy Shield LOL
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:28 am 

Wow, i was told by other modders that holy shield wasn't possible to be put on other characters (without redesigning the animation like you said), but it seems like you sure got it working for a sorc. 1500 frames wow, so did you do the 1500 frames for the sorc then?... or just a few to show us that it's possible? Man, this idea would be soooo great for my assassin. I have a smite assassin only because the 'unique' smite animation for the sin (some kind of flip kick Jackie Chan shit lol).

Anyways, way cool man! This feature alone would generate ALOT of interest for your mod, at least it does for me. I love it when someone thinks outside the box and applies some really creative things for a mod, especially when it involves new skills and a whole new playability experience. Keep up the great work! :)

-George Carlin

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:57 am 
Game Server Host

Yeh smite sins FTW, gg fun and one of the few builds that are any good with smite since they have BoS as standard. I haven't got round to doing any of the frames actually. Thats the pallys holy shield on her, I've started changing the frames now but man its HARD. I've never been good with drawing and all that stuff. I've done 1 frame so far lol. It looks like that except the cross is a circle and there are flames coming off of it.

I actually have to do every frame 3 times :o, one for each element. The fire one has flames, the cold one will be jagged and blue as if its made of ice and the light one will be white/yellowish with kinda electricity arcs sparking between it :). Each one will give 1%sorb per hard point and some res to that element. So thats 4500 frames FTW. At the rate im going atm that`ll take me 4500 days rofl. good fun though and I have plenty of time :).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:10 pm 

http://phrozenkeep.hugelaser.com/forum/ ... hp?t=25318 you wanna check this if haven't already.
Quote:
Wow, i was told by other modders that holy shield wasn't possible to be put on other characters

only few mod makers do CE so maybe that's why. I hope you can help with graphics, I can modify dlls.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:45 pm 

My god that's too many frames lol. Even myself with seemingly infinite patience at times wouldn't be able to take on that tedious of a task. It's hard to say though because i've never actually done it but I have done spriting for RMXP which isn't a lot of fun... and it's WAY less than 4500 frames lol.

-George Carlin

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:52 pm 

The part that baffles me most is why the animation for holy shield just can't be universal? Unless the positioning of it on the character would be different due to their size differences. Either way, the problem should be resolved easier than having to re-design a whole new animation for each character, although i know you want to add the elemental look to it as well (awesome idea!). The 9 Demons mod gave me some neat ideas also... since each class was in fact a different type of Demon. The animations used in place of the characters were some of the ones used for Baal's minions in this mod. I often wondered about using the Demons for transformations skills instead or, if they were in place of the character, having a holy shield for them as well. But if it's as tasking as you say it is, then nevermind that idea then. *crumples up paper and throws it in the garbage can* :(

-George Carlin

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:35 am 

Impressive.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:30 am 

Stupid idea .. Holy shield should only be for pallys like Bliz intended..Man the amout of bullshit you guys want is just lame as hell.. If you guys really want such a differant game just make your own mod and please leave Hu alone.. So sad the amount of time invested into this moch patch that I highly dought will happen. In this same amout of time you fools could have done your own mod.. :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:49 am 
Game Server Host

You should just stop posting on this subject, dumb ass. The shield transformation is something i'm using in my own single player "mod for myself".

Point me to the place whare I said it SHOULD be done here. I said it can be done if terry ever wants to use a shield transform for another char. Again, you post to try to look smart and end up looking like a total fuck wit. Don't you see the pattern here? You need to get laid I think (without paying for it)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:24 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
You need to get laid I think (without paying for it)

I'd rather him pay than rape a woman ;P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 pm 
Game Server Host

who said anything about a woman?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:14 am 

Only lame fuck here is you Kev .. Your the one getting all bent out of shape all the time..And remmber you don't have D2 on your comp or are you just talking out your ass because you ran out of come backs.. :lol:
Lmao I been with my wife for 16 years I don't need to go very far to get laid.. See women like it when you go down town something you probably never do. Do to your i'm a child mentallity.. :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:17 pm 
Game Server Host

You think "I don't have HU installed" is a comeback? rofl. I do have d2 installed, just not HU.
It don't matter how long you been with your "wife" why would you want to fuck a sweaty old bitch like her/him anyway?
Didn't she ban sandy from phoning you because she was on the phone to you ALL the time? lmao. yeh she trusts you ALOT dude, she is obviously very happy...

Offline Profile