Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

Post subject: Hell Unleashed 1.8 Suggestions Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:33 pm 

Instead of posting on facebook like the HU FB page suggested, I'm posting it here. Will update this post every time I come up with something. Post your ideas here too guys.

1. Make all the quest items accessible only when you kill a big bad boss like you did for example with the hell forge dragon. I enjoy working harder to complete my quests.

So quest by quest and act by act:

(The rewards that should be given by the quest I suggest should be something like unique class charm,or generally charms that give certain stuff like in MXL. One charm will give increased life and mana, the other will give or increased maximum skill level +1, other can give you piercing attack and resist etc.)

A) Make the Den of Evil harder with stronger boss who drops reward also.
B) Blood Raven should give better reward when you kill her so people go for it.

C) The search for Cain - only when you kill the bosses you get 1 time only teleport scroll that teleports you to where he is and then you can rescue him. Also the Three of Infinus must be accessible when you kill the boss that guards it. Make that boss harder as well, then he drops the scroll that teleports you to the three area so you can get the bark scroll that unlocks the carin stoes. Also make the Cathedral in Tristram accessible with all the levels from D1 recreated inside. All the bosses, all the things ;)

D) The forgotten Tower is fine, but again we should receive better rewards.

E) Horadric Malus - You can gain access to it only after you kill the Smith, but he should be harder to kill. You should receive additional reward from him too like a hammer with which you can repair your items in cube :) . Also Charsy's imbue must be always something OP not depending on level and stuff. You place white item and she makes it class specific unique or rare for you or something like that.

F) Andariel. I had a crazy idea when you enter her lair to be welcomed by all the quest bosses : Smith, Griswold + all the unique bosses like Rakanishu and Cow King for more challenge, maybe add Lilith in there too :P

To be continued..

Make all old and new areas not just places to explore but places with quests. Like they did with MXL. Make some uber quest and visiting those areas actually be rewarding with good items and charms + new bosses.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Hell Unleashed 1.8 Suggestions Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:58 pm 

One suggestion I recall seeing for v1.9 that would work just as well for v1.8 is:
Reduce the floor clutter when killing large numbers of densely packed monsters:
  1. Consider increasing the ID Tomb cap to max (255?), and remove ID scrolls from treasure classes entirely (they can only be purchased).
  2. Consider removing Keys, Stamina pots, and Antidote pots from treasure classes (they can only be purchased).
  3. Consider reducing the chance of gold piles that drop from Trash or Chests&Pots by 1/2, but double the amount that drops (i.e. fewer larger piles means less floor clutter).

If v1.8 is being based on v1.3, then some changes from later HU versions that some folks liked are:
  1. Replenishing (and magic/rare) arrows/bolts (you could then remove these from treasure classes as well).
  2. AoE effect on Chant and FrozenArmor (use the same skill function as Barb's Shouts).
  3. BarbShouts (all buffs I suppose) being castable in town.
  4. Consider reviewing the change-logs of v1.4, v1.5, and v1.6 for features that look interesting to you, and maybe ask folks if there are other features they're interested in.
  5. There were some v1.3 skills that caused exploits. Inferno, BladeFury, and ArcticBlast (Channeling skills) would allow characters to become indestructible in some cases, so they should be changed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:53 am 

1.8' base should be 1.3b.. The first thing to work on is melee. I would bring the monsters physical damage values back to were they were in 1.2z this includes bosses and from there we can adjust melee accordingly without nerfing the hell out of it..This will make melee builds fun and not just tank bot.Remove Flame bellows sword from the game.Drop All synergie percentages by 5 percent Example if each synergie is 25 percent they will be at 20 percent..This overall will make the game more harder without tweeking every build and it will bring a much needed balance..FOH Pallys drop hammers as a synergy an add sanctuary and for foh to get it's bypass sanctuary must be maxed.. Hammer Pallys drop foh as a synergy and ad concentration but drop concentrations buff to hammers by 10 persent..Fixing Pergatory glitch leave lvl 1 the way it is the area were the next tp is at put Izzy and his minions there and do way with lvl 2..Lvl 99 class weapons quest idea is to gather 5 parts in hell then cube the item not that the parts to drop are completely random..2 high lvl challenges maybe 3 these challenges will all be in hell for example the highest lvl challenge would be a fight with Samhain Darkness and someone else killing all three will net a unique class grandcharm it would a random drop as well . You would get the items from select bosses to do the challenge note this would take a team to do.. the idea of this will increase party's plus help a dead economy in the game.. I will post gear changes next.. Cheers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:53 pm 

Instead of being an ass, I could help.

Is this the thread I would suggest things for a new patch in?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:24 am 

I wrote for 1 hour and the pc just shut down. I don'feel like I'm going throughout that again soon lol :D

All I can say now is: just play extensively AFTERMATH MOD and MEDIAN XL and look for they're cool concepts learn and then do your version of what you like from them - copy paste them. But just look at AFTERMATH really cuz it's based on HU and it has some really great stuff in it. I'm out. I'll be back at suggesting a lot of ideas again but will write shorter stuff cuz i don't wanna go through that hell again :D

Offline Profile