All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 pm

Post subject: Remove skill charms and buff +skills on gear
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:04 pm 

Either:

a. Remove Grand skill charms entirely
b. set them to lvl98 so that people use them solely for "perfection" characters

Both options are fine by me.
To compensate for their loss, gear can be tweaked to have more +skills in the game such as things like +5 skills armor. This will introduce a stronger progression of gear value through the game rather than having armor have +1 skill early game and +2 skills end game. Similar story with gloves, boots, belts, rings, etc.

Currently balance is just horribly difficult with builds that vary in skills by 10 skills or more.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Remove skill charms and buff +skills on gear
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:21 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
Either:

a. Remove Grand skill charms entirely
b. set them to lvl98 so that people use them solely for "perfection" characters

Both options are fine by me.
To compensate for their loss, gear can be tweaked to have more +skills in the game such as things like +5 skills armor. This will introduce a stronger progression of gear value through the game rather than having armor have +1 skill early game and +2 skills end game. Similar story with gloves, boots, belts, rings, etc.

Currently balance is just horribly difficult with builds that vary in skills by 10 skills or more.

I never thought I'd say this, but I completely agree with Blue. I'd like to see GC skill charms removed completely and +skill gear buffed significantly to compensate. Skill charms create such a ridiculous gear gap, in my opinion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:41 pm 
Game Server Host

This would require some balancing in other areas since all chars could then maximise damage AND life by filling the inv with life charms.

Removing skill charms and instead, having Unique "keep in inventoryto gain bonus" items larger than Gc's instead perhaps. That leaves all people with an equal chance of having higher skill levels while keeping inv space down.

Buff azmo and belial and have them drop a charm in the shape of lam essens tome with a +1 random skill tree and the other in the shape of the map, again with a +1 random skill tree. etc. etc.
From nm, the same thing but with a diff name
from hell the same thing with a diff name but with +2 random skill tree.

Thats the same space as 8 skill charms for the same inv space.

Buff these 2 bosses to compensate.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:51 pm 

I'm not a fan of the idea because:

- You are making all characters stronger earlier with more skills on gear. Now every character has to put in less work to be as strong or stronger than they were before.
- Characters who don't utilize +skills are experiencing a dropoff of damage or effectiveness because the change doesn't benefit them. Character who do utilize skills will now be the premier killers because they dont have to worry about farming for max dmg charms or other charms as such.
- As mentioned, more life/ar/res/def/str/dext/mana/fhr in the form of charms to characters who were using those spaces for skills.
- Tough to balance IMO.

I don't like the whole charm situation myself, as it does create a gap and is extremely annoying to have no space to pick up items/hold side gear, but putting it on gear just makes everything easier.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:29 pm 

I wouldn't mind this blue.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:54 pm 

If anything, + skills needs to be toned DOWN on gear. It is getting pretty absurd how nearly every unique has a minimum of +1 all skills even in normal. This game needs to be made more difficult again, instead it will end up easier than b.net (maybe already the case).

Rename HU to HKU - Hello Kitty Unleashed?

Exactly how does removing skill charms give you more inventory space... they'll just be replaced by +life and/or stat charms. Which, in the end, would be an overall buff to every character.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:24 pm 

Skill gc's isn't the problem. Its the lack of balance between the class's thats what the real problem is.
The fact that a Psn necro can hit 600k psn stab with gc's and a rabies drood can't seems way off balance.
The stupid a1 multy shot merc is another issue.
Tele should be a skill only for the sorc.( heh idea would kill the tele chicken necro).Lmao nothing better then watching a bunch of nubs ping pong around tundra.
Skill points on lvl 8 and lvl 12 gear is just insane. You might aswell set Spirit Rw back to plus 2 all skill like it was in the past but that was deemed Op or imbalanced but a lvl 8 caster belt with a plus to all skill isn't.
A great idea for people to do is post up some Chars dmg at the end of norm end of nm and at end game with no gc's this will give a greater picture for what these class are really doing. Now this idea isn't to buff any class its just for once to see what these class's are really doing instead of going by just end game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:58 pm 

buff each act boss (mephi andy dury etc)... add 1 super boss on one of those junk dungeons on each act, this boss drops a +1 random skill-tree charm with a static mod depending on difficulty; example:

act1
the hole (black marsh)
Gift of "????" - requires lvl25(unique carry... only 1 of these item can be on inventory)
4slot charm (like a book like dod says or something else like a giant skull '-')

in normal
+1 random skill-tree
drain life 15 (doesnt varies)

in nightmare
+1 random skill-tree

in hell
+1 random skill-tree
+5% life (doesnt varies)

act2
the ancient tunnels (lost city)
gift of "???" - requires lvl35
4slot charm

in normal
+1 random skill-tree
-15% faster run walk

in nightmare
+1 random skill-tree

in hell
+1 random skill-tree
+15% faster run walk

the act1 boss must be as strong like dury and the act2 boss must be as strong like meph.
this way we have a total of +6skills inside inventory as max (the act5 charm should give +2 skills instead of +1 because will be harder i believe) [+12 skills with anni heart and sammy gift] you can have these +5 skills since normal if u dedicate the time to get them, also boss drops only 1 so u need to farm it solo and a lot of times till u get the one u need xD
the dungeons they belong to, in this case "the hole" and "the ancient tunnels" should get an expansion 3 levels/floors, to make the farming a bit more long. thse items cant be traded unless you load a char and mule the charm since you cant grab more than one (like anni and the sammy gifts)

well dunno... this is just a crazy idea that came to mind.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:10 am 

If you want to fix skillers, remove one horizontal row from the inventory. Really it is that easy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:09 am 
Game Server Host

ya

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:42 am 

the problem is haveing lvl gear like lenymo with +1 skill now most use it until lvl 70 or more..skillers and inventory are fine i haven't found that many skillers this season.. that i could use...the low lvl skill gear can make a low char op...i say lvl12 or so its ok to have some skill gear and some char builds need some skillers to be good enough to kill in hell cause they been nerfed to much...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:15 pm 

JarL wrote:
If you want to fix skillers, remove one horizontal row from the inventory. Really it is that easy.

agreed. simple solutions are often the best.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:55 pm 

Or disable the re-rolling on charms. Less skillers would be seen , I think

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:41 am 

as somebody that has never had more than 5 skillers on a single char (defensive skillers at that) i think adding all these skills to gear would be a mistake.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:17 am 

hey blue here is a idea on how i think u could balance skillers.

Make them back to the lvl 6o to drop but make them equip at lvl 99 or 100 they become end game gear only

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:26 pm 

The skill gear charms ex.. were never the problem i said this before they were made lvl 80 the problem is that char it self it ether is to powerful or way to nerfed. But this all about Balance lmao. THis mod will never be balanced because these Char class's are all over the place.

Offline Profile