Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: After testing 1.7
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:52 pm 

After 30 plus hours testing this patch I feel HU has taken the biggest leap backwards sence it was online.. The mod was ten times rewarding in 05-06 then this will ever be .. The synergies are way out of sight .. Example of this what poison build wants lightning so on and so forth.. Here's an idea take 1.3b and implement the new areas and quests fix melee and add those new rings and amulet sets .. 1 you would have a great mod 2 it's rewarding 3 and you will keep people playing it .. I don't see Hu lasting to a 1.8 or 1.9 because no one is going to care anymore.... Just my thoughts because I think you guys really need to put a patch out for the people instead of your own play still and personal preference..Cheers

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: After testing 1.7
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:56 am 

The modders for v1.8 are still up for debate I think, so consider implementing your idea as v1.8. Implementation takes a fair bit of time though, so perhaps you could help the modders out in testing and help guide the project instead. You'd be welcome to any v1.7 files (.dll, .dc6, .txt, etc) that would assist the project.

I'd recommend installing D2SE, so that you can have v1.8 installed alongside v1.7 just in case your friends ask you to join them in the future. Ideally v1.7 players will feel less compelled to grind Hell Tundra and instead start new characters more often (one new character per week would still leave a dozen untried builds by year's end). When they restart, you'd certainly be welcome to join them. You wouldn't need to feel overly committed since it might only take them a week to run through the new characters. If their characters are twinked with the best uniques for their level, your experience should have already shown you that some of your noob rares are comparably effective. If they decide to bring in their level 99 chars to rush Norm Baal, then you should still be able to contribute to and enjoy that fight since that max-level char is barely more than a dozen levels higher than the questing characters.

If you don't have time to implement, no one's surprised. If you don't have time to test, that's fine. If you don't have time to play, that's fine too. I hope your projects and pursuits in the future go smoothly.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:57 am 

My point is that hu went backwards instead of forward..There is no reason to completely remake this mod when it was already great.. Taking out everything that most of the players loved isn't very smart..You do realize back in 06 when Hu had all its loot skill charms and great gear this mod was being voted for mod of the year... Then a few people thought it needed to change.. Do you know what the results of that was? Melees were worthless and to many issues to list..We lost over half of the mods population do to that blunder..And the funny thing is I told them about these problems beforehand.. So you can go on with your mountains of text all you want it's all good but be warned these changes are to drastic. People like to feel that there time isn't wasted..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:55 am 

And let me get this straight you want people to play a watered down version of HU till 1.8 .. Where's the logic in that..There already was a better patch as I said all you needed to do was fix melee in 1.3b and add some of the other little bits..There was no need to go this far at all..And for me testing? I test 15 different builds each at act bosses from norm to hell so ya I do think I know what I'm talking about... I also played hu1.7 along side of Vanilla D2 1.14 and there about the same .. sad isn't it lol..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:06 pm 
Game Server Host

'member the goonies? 'member the 80's? I 'member.

Seriously though.
Asteroth wrote:
So you can go on with your mountains of text all you want

Asteroth wrote:
And for me testing? I test 15 different builds each at act bosses from norm to hell so ya I do think I know what I'm talking about...

15 Builds from a1 norm to end of hell in a week is quite the achievement.

Brevan replied politely with suggestions on what to do for making your own patch for 1.8, and you respond with stuff like that? I took you off ignore because I thought you were maybe ready to start talking about things in a decent manner. Nothing changes I guess, so back you go. There was nothing productive in here at all, just criticism for the sake of criticism. This topic obviously isn't leading anywhere other than towards an argument so I'll lock it to save everyone the headache and embarrassment.

If you would like to implement your ideas, then check the useful links topic here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4282
And the 1.3b patch can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4600
Go ham. There's absolutely nothing stopping anyone from doing it.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]