Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm

Post subject: Request: Hell Unleashed Vanilla
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:32 am 

Hey guys! I'm really hoping you can make a "vanilla" version of HU. What i mean by that is to leave the game as it is now but apply D2 vanilla damage, defense and difficulty. I version without 100000 defense and 100000k damage, glyphs and the other things. You should leave the goodies like better skills you've made. You can leave the high priced gems and all. Damn there are a lot of thing to be removed to be like vanilla! Leave the bosses as they are tho :P Just make them take less damage. I'm talking more of a single player version here not multi.

So I guess this would be easier to make if you have older betas where you made only the maps and the skills... but if you can't do it I understand. Just an Idea of a more vanilla like version that conservative D2 fans would like better.

If you're up to that kind of version of HU I can help with list of ideas. That's the least i could do.

Last edited by Rakehell on Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Request: Hell Unleashed Vanilla
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:39 am 

I'm pretty sure that there are single player versions you can find if you "conservative" players are looking for something easy. To remove all the cool new things that HU implemented from vanilla that would be a step backwards.

EDIT: Didn't you already make this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15724

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:59 pm 

Maybe I didn't explained good. I want the whole HU but without the ridiculous thousands of damage and defense and all kind of that stuff. I want it to play just like the original D2 but with the added new areas, bosses and monsters, items, skills, mercs and all.

Maybe there is that kind of alfa or beta which you can give me so I can edin it myself and make custom version for me :D lol I don't even have a clue how to edit but I will learn if I have a big start like that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:26 pm 

If you're simply looking for lower values on everything (like, 1,000 damage instead of 10,000, and scaling back monster hp proportionately), then you will probably enjoy the 1.7 patch coming out soon

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:59 am 

I'm speaking for D2 vanilla values. Just make HU like expansion without adding those ridiculous values. Add max level 125 too if you hadn't and that kind of small stuff that don't dis balance the vanilla. Sure there must be tweaking here and there, but I don't think is that much. I will help with ideas and testing and whatever I can if someone is interested :D

Last edited by Rakehell on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:06 pm 

If you'd like to make that version Rakehell, then you're welcome to. I'd recommend using v1.7 as a base simply because the numbers are already relatively low, you might not need to adjust monstats.txt (this defines the difference between monsters and is a massive part of any mod, but you would need to edit monlvl.txt since that defines the growth between monster levels), and monster spell-damage is trivially edited in v1.7 only. Starting with v1.7 should save you weeks of editing.

Also, keep in mind that the values in v1.6 aren't necessarily ridiculous, they were arrived at after years of buffing players and monsters to the point where many players were comfortable. The numbers themselves are less important than the ratios between them. It might appear like you could divide all the numbers by 10 or 20 and still have them work out, but you would lose a small amount of information (decimals don't exist in Diablo, so after the decimal the number is ignored (in some cases you can use fractions, but the denominator is usually limited to a power of 2 up to 256)), and you would need to pay attention to numbers shown as a percentage, since those might not be adjusted at all.

Another thing to consider is that after several modders have had their turn editing the files, human error builds up and might not be noticed by the next modder. When I started from v1.3, I found several issues small enough to be ignored in v1.3 but which completely wrecked my v1.7 characters when they encountered them (my first testing passes used characters with cheaty-charms so that they were 3-5 times stronger than intended, but they still popped when a monster's poison damage was actually doing physical damage every frame). When you're finished making the edits to create HU_Vanilla_v1.0, you will likely still need some help with testing, in which case feel free to come back and ask for a hand, I'm sure a few folks will be bored of v1.7 or v1.8 and be glad to give you a hand.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:13 am 

In vanilla LoD, you could actually hit very high life and damage values in the right parties.
Had a fury wolf that hit for about 25k + decrep + 8k+ life in the 'best' situations. (decrep was REALLY strong there).
That is about half the values for random parties end game, and a third of correlated parties.

Offline Profile