Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

Post subject: The whole D1 in D2 possible ?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:22 am 

Can you actually recreate D1 in D2 ? It would be dope to enter Tristram and be able to enter the Cathedral. D1 journey as a BIG side quest of ACT I would be aweeeesome guys. I know you can do it! With all the bosses and whatnot.

So what do you think ?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: The whole D1 in D2 possible ?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:18 am 

of course it's possible, just need someone who is willing to make all those new levels and bosses. It wouldn't be too difficult, just very time consuming

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: The whole D1 in D2 possible ?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:56 am 

I know PureRage added a couple levels under the Tristram Cathedral in v1.7, so perhaps for v1.9 someone could extend it.

One thing to keep in mind is the balance between act lengths. A4 is currently the act which is very short, so perhaps players could find a portal to Hellish Tristram there. Considering the short distance between A4WP1 and A4WP2 (CityOfTheDamned), it could be a good idea to either insert HellishTristram between them (essentially as a bridge), or remove the CityOfTheDamned level entirely. Let HellishTristram have a WP somewhere near the Caves floors and end with an entrance to the RiverOfFlame rather than going through extended D1Hell floors. I think I've seen mods where new WP were added, so just adding more during the HellishTristram journey (rather than removing CityOfTheDamned) sounds good too.

This would be a significant project, so HUv1.8 at the earliest.

Offline Profile