Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm

Post subject: random thoughts and suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:24 pm 

I've been playing HU on and off since 2008 and I feel that I liked it more years ago.

-The lightning-fire orb skill that comes from the sky which Ardual is famous for, I think too many bosses have this. Only Ardual should have this, and maybe Mephisto. It is uncreative, inappropriate, and annoying to have multiple bosses using this skill.

-Change the music back to the way it used to be, it was good five years ago. I remember a1 blood moor etc. had a good song. The A3 town song was very good, not sure where it was from. Also so was the A2 town song. Why were these removed?

What I think is obnoxious is the repeating 20 second songs during boss fights. Please remove these. I know many people don't actually listen to the game music, but I do.

-I have a feeling healer paladins were nerfed and the healing aura is not as powerful as it used to be. It should be stronger. I remember when I had a level 70 paladin with an a2 merc that soloed normal Diablo with me healing him, that was awesome.

-The change to healing potions is good, I like how they're all the same now.

-Do rejuvenation potions still exist in the game?

-It seems like my a1 merc can't equip bolts or arrows? Why is this?

-I like the change for the barbarian skills to melee mastery/throwing mastery. It makes it easier when deciding what weapon to use. One-handed/two-handed mastery would be interesting as well.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: random thoughts and suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:27 pm 

The skill you are referring to is used because it is much more predictable burst than previous counters.
I do agree that is probably overused, but it suits its purpose very well.

The music was borked at some point. Hopefully, 1.7 will reintroduce correct sound files since they are using 1.3...which I think was correct.

Heal pallies should NOT be like they were before. Maybe could use a lil love, but 'healbots' in everygame is at least as unfun as repeating music.

Heal potions were better when they were not str dependent. 1.5 was balanced around this. This will change in 1.7 where we have the close to the normal potion system back (reg juvs included)...it's been hinted that reducing to 1.5 way could be done later.

Juvs are not currently usable in game. You may still find them using find potion/item

Your A1 merc can't use arrows because the merc file needs to be altered to allow something like dual weapon usage. It was never done, and likely won't be.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:18 pm 

Now that I think of it, do act bosses still have a damage bonus against mercenaries, isn't it like 8x or something? or did I mishear?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:13 pm 

Looks like Kramuti answered pretty much everything already, but here's some clarification for v1.7.

I'm not aware of any missing music, so yes v1.7 probably has the music files you're missing.

Prayer aura in v1.7 is based on the user's max HP, and goes from about 3.5% (level 1) to 20% (level 34). It also increases max HP by 2 per level, which can be a huge buff for some types of summon. I'm pretty sure this aura isn't underpowered in v1.7, but I don't mind listening to other's opinions.

The bonus damage from ActBosses was due to a flag called "Prime Evil" in one of the text files which has a much smaller effect that you'd think (it basically only gives a monster the bonus damage to mercs and summons). I forget the exact numbers, but they should be around 300% vs Mercs and 400% vs Summons. The numbers were changed for v1.7 though, to (I think) 200%. I removed that flag from ActBosses, and gave it to the trash mobs that carry the description "NPC-Slayer". Since ActBosses in v1.7 already do 300% the damage of trash, I felt another multiplier on top wasn't needed. Usually the NPC-Slayer trash is some type of leader (Shamans, etc), so your summons won't pop all at once (although I once came across an NPC-Slayer with HolyShock, and he did pop my summons pretty fast ... so I just ignored him)

Offline Profile