Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:09 am

Post subject: Re: HU 1.7 Public Test v1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:29 pm 

Still don't know if it will reach significant speed to make fury good. May be able to get a 5 frame fury.

Wlfhowl I'd say add oskill Lycan and a wolf attack skill like fury or feral.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:32 pm 

I'm not sure if werewolf speed website wolf form central is still around...

http://my.xfinity.com/~thedragoon/wereformadvanced.html

Gone :-( dunno if we can find breakpoints in files? Maybe lower them.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:52 pm 

The IAS resource I have shows WWolf with Fury getting 5 frames with -70 speed and 4 frames with -90. v1.7 shouldn't easily have melee attacking more than 4-5 times a second, so I'm not willing to buff the weapon even further. I understand that some attack animations can achieve a 2 frame attack, but I consider that a bug rather than a goal.

If I add Fury or Feral to the hat, then it'll bump up the required level to the level of the oSkill +6 (so level 36 in the case of Fury). I'll swap out the LifeLeach for FeralRage though, that sounds more interesting than a static life leach. Keep in mind you can just use your regular attack skills in WWolf form. DoubleSwing looks kinda dumb though, since the WWolf has no animation for it. At least WW gets the little swishy-swirls going around the char. No Lycanthropy though, since that was already flagged as an exploit during testing. If you'd rather have +%HP rather than ReplenishLife, then make "CrescentMoon" in a Barb hat and wear some gear that allows WWolf. Alternatively, consider playing a Druid.

After reviewing a young Barb's access to WWolf oskill, I'm going to change BloodCrescent from +5 WereForms to +1 with a 30 ReplenishLife mod because it isn't fair for a level 18 Barb to have the potential for level 15 WereWolf in addition to his normal tankiness (Level 7 isn't too bad since I'd already come to accept level 10). With that change it's harder for a Barb to just dual-wield BloodCrescent on switch for a shape-change buff that lasts a few minutes and buffs ReplenishLife (by a lot for level 10 to 30), ARating (this was fine by me), and CriticalStrike (this is significant, especially end-game). If a young Barb were now to dual-wield BloodCrescent with WolfHowl, then he'd certainly have excellent ReplenishLife to help him tank, and I suppose if he gemmed BloodCrescent well then his damage would be decent for quite a while.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:06 am 

So you lowered unique ed armors down to 100ed max? and got rid of tyreals and all that?
Let me get this straight, the search for unique's is now over and we want to look for rare items in the new mod? ok..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:51 pm 

Yeah it seem like there wont be much grinding for endgame gear. I'm not sure how that will work out. Some mid level runewords were as good as endgame runewords that use zod. Instead of grinding for elite level uniques you can just up a normal quality one.

Not sure I understand the logic behind this. I liked 1.3b a lot, just needed some tweaking and balancing. But it seems like this has just changed everything to a game veterans will be totally unfamiliar with.

In any patch some one could have asked me, "what's the best build for a meteor sorc?" And I could have told you what to do with skills for synergies and best gear, templars, Griff's, fathom or tfk, eye of flame rings, maras, lavagouts, infernostrides, that skill shield, arach belt.

Now I have no idea.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:30 am 

I tried downloading the 1.7 test patch and it says it's no longer up there do to inactivity.. would love to try it out.. cheers..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:36 am 

About when you will have a complete version for download?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:55 pm 

Cory wrote:
Now I have no idea.

It's definitely a learning curve since you have to figure out what all the new stuff does, but that's half the fun for me. Gotta actually use my brain to figure out new cool builds and strategies, rather than "herp derp I'm gonna do the EXACT SAME THING I've been doing every ladder reset for 10 years."

Empty wrote:
Let me get this straight, the search for unique's is now over and we want to look for rare items in the new mod? ok..

What? 2 uniques get removed and that means the game is about looking for rares? You can upgrade uniques, upgrade sets, create runewords, craft stuff... or, yea, use a rare. Now there are different options instead of being force fed the 2 cookie cutter armors late game. Maybe people like having 2 OP "must-haves" instead of a variety of possibilities *shrugs*

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:27 pm 

The changes done to itemization are pretty good imho. More choices = more fun. I can see rares and even blues being used with variety of characters. (+10 oskil blue amulets :) )

There are still plenty of uniques that are very good and will be used, at least the ones I have found were.

1.7 itemization logic might remind some of how PoE numbers work. That is in favor or all rarities. Game gets quite challenging later on, so it will require a bit of time to get a hang of it.

I can understand people being worried. Im a big fan of 1.3 myself, it was the best patch till date, its going to be hard to top it up, and fixing the power creep seems to be a step into the right direction, which is diversity.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:30 pm 

I was wondering if there is away to get this test patch the web sight says it was removed..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:04 pm 

TL;DR:
- Upgrading recipes add some important stats, so yes you can use an upgraded basic item end-game if you want.
- Runewords with higher runes do contains differences, but let me know if you think you've spotted a problem. Upgrading most Superior weapons, shields and hats from exceptional to Elite gains a +Skill, so it is assumed on all recipes. You will have spare high runes.
- v1.7 is trying to promote playing new characters rather than focusing on the end-game item grind.
- I will try to get a final-release Solo version link up by next Monday.

The recipes for Upgrading items (uniques, sets, Superior, rares, crafts, etc) add +Skills and PDR/MDR when appropriate (the goal was to keep up with automods on exceptional/elite versions). The design document includes a poorly-formatted table that describes when an item slot should have more skills in order to maintain the end-game cap of about +14Skills, so the +Skills from recipes generally align with that. With this in mind, you should be able upgrade a Basic item to Elite and use it well, and in cases where that Elite item will be missing a +1Skills mod, I try to make the Basic item strong enough to overcome that (the unique cap has already been mentioned as maybe too OP for a Basic Unique, but add +2AllSkills and 10 PDR/MDR when it's Elite and I think it'd still be alright for a level 80 phys-dmg Fighter build).

One reason Elite runewords might not appear especially powerful compared to basic runewords is because I'm also considering the automods that exist on items, but higher runes should give access to some better stats. The DeadlyStrike and OpenWounds (or CrushingBlow and Slow if made in blunt weapons) on "ProwessInBattle" are offensively very strong. "Revenge" is defensively very worthwhile if you'd like to charge-synergize a Salvation oSkill or you need to weaken enemies via BattleCry, but make "Revenge" in an elite weapon with a +Skill on it (upgrading exceptional Superior weapons to Elite gets a +1Skill (+2 for 2-handed weapons) if the Elite wouldn't have had skills, "Revenge" still won't end up with the +3Skills allowed on Elite weapon slots, but you didn't spend many runes either).

There will still be (slightly?) imbalanced or dumb looking items though, I'm still not a fan of "HolyThunder" runeword (I made it back in 2012 when I was having fun with the TStorm onAttack mod, I basically derped-out with "Zomg, it's even got Thunder in the name!1!!"). I've debated removing that word, but I can't think of anything better and it's not worth removing (I did remove a Lightning onStrike bow because the Lightning spawned from the monster hit rather than the player, so it was pretty ineffective. My goal was to reproduce a Diablo1 bow that shot lightning bolts). When I see those types of items nowadays, I just remind myself that it's alright if HUv1.9 is better than v1.7.

One thing I didn't like about HUv1.3 is that the Elite uniques tended to make the game much easier, so the game's challenge started to decrease quite a bit. When I initially designed my changes to HU, I wanted players in Norm difficulty to gain power mostly from leveling while players in NM gained power mostly by gaining items, but players in Hell were on their own (I wanted Hell completion to be more of a trophy rather than just the start of item-grinding (Hell grinding might be partly responsible for the challenge in finding questing parties on the realm)). During testing earlier this year, I made it dramatically easier for players to find exceptional (even Elites in A5) items in Norm difficulty, which might take away some of the fun from NM, but I still think that was a good decision. I understand that some players enjoy the relaxing pace of farming for uniques, but I think v1.8 or maybe v1.9 will be better for that. In v1.7 I'd rather promote the questing of new characters.

I will try to get a Solo version link up in the near future (end of this week, after which I won't add items). Keep in mind that if you download that Solo version and play online, then you'll be playing with Multiplayer stats. Solo version stats only apply to SinglePlayer and hosting TCP/IP games. Personally, I'd recommend not downloading a Multiplayer version if you've already got the Solo version.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:40 pm 

Quote:
One thing I didn't like about HUv1.3 is that the Elite uniques tended to make the game much easier, so the game's challenge started to decrease quite a bit.

This is a point I often hear people say. But I think the game should be less difficult for those who commit to grinding hundreds of hours for elite gear. The people who often said "it's too easy for ____" were people stuck in nightmare while we had a party in hell grinding exp and farming 5-10 hours a day.

I'm doing some more testing right now on a char. Testing a blizz sorc with what I think would be perfect gear. See how she fairs on her own.

What I thought was good gear is apparently not. I was getting demolished in Blood Moor on Hell. I even died by Lazurus on normal mode...

I made gear to give me these stats.

14 All Skills
30% ele damage
30% physical damage
100 all res
40% damage reduction
60% frw
100% fbr
100% fhr
100% ias
100% fcr
30% max life
30% max mana
40 all attributes

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:30 pm 

Where are crafting recipes?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:31 pm 

Cory wrote:
I'm doing some more testing right now on a char. Testing a blizz sorc with what I think would be perfect gear. died by Lazurus on normal mode...

Try dodging the meteors :lol:

Cory wrote:
Where are crafting recipes?

Inside the 1.7 folder there's a folder called WebPages, go to the crafting recipes -> blue items.

EDIT: formatting

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:05 pm 

Below is a v1.7 test package that includes recent changes to mitigate state overload (characters with 19 or more states cause problems in multiplayer). As a side effect, it's very important that your characters have access to +AllSkill gear most of the time.

This test package contains no music because apparently those files totaled 800MB while everything else was about 100MB. I'm pretty sure the HighRes package works, but my modding folders and files are getting numerous enough to be a hassle, which makes it hard for me to guarantee that I didn't miss a step of file (luckily already caught a problem before uploading, maybe it was the only one).

Pretty much the same steps as before, but you can skip dealing with HUv1.3 if you've done that in the past:
  1. Get the HUv1.3 core and one of the resolution downloads from
    http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4600
    It's a good idea to run the game to make sure you've got v1.3 up and going. I won't be able to help much with errors you encounter at this step.
  2. Download only one of:
    HUv1.7_LowRes_TestPackage
    HUv1.7_HighRes_TestPackage (requires HUv1.3_HighRes)
  3. Copy all v1.7 files into your v1.3 folder. You should overwrite files with name conflicts. Folders with matching names should get merged together.

There is a Webpages folder included, it includes every webpage produced by the webpage maker, and a "home.htm" page for you to start on (it might help organize the other pages for you). Feel free to drag that folder out to a more convenient location (or make a shortcut to it). If you'd like to use the Prefix/Suffix page's filtering buttons, then you need to allow javascript in your browser, and if you're using Chrome then the filtering is a bit buggy (search for the word "Group" to jump from mod to mod because the filtered rows don't collapse in Chrome). I recommend reviewing the cube recipe pages at least, since those let you see the testing-formulas (eg Put an item in the cube to return the EthUnique and Set for that item - this will double gems, runes, and other items without Unique or Set counterparts).

There is a Save folder included with HUv1.7_TestPackage, it includes some level 99 characters with every rune, PGem and StarstoneGem, some Respec potions, and some cheaty-charms (the two charms give you the +14 skills and +30%EleDmg expected at the end of the game, they also add damage to attack roughly equal to an end-game weapon). If you kill a monster with them then they convert to level 1 characters, so I've included a backup of each file if you want to test with them again. If you put a respec potion or gem and transmute then you'll produce a copy (useful if you want to use the Upgrade recipes or reset your stats a lot). I've also included copies of pretty much every character I've made for v1.7, some of which still contain cheaty-charms (for example I was recently rushing the sorc Shanova through Hell difficulty because I wanted to double check LoShadows with someone other than Pallaguy). Those chars might let you jump into some variety of test quicker. Feel free to respec them to whatever build you want.

If you have feedback to give, please use the feedback thread. I'm starting to have trouble finding v1.7 feedback when I'm making updates.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:43 pm 

If you're confident that you're not missing something, then here's a link to just the files changed since the November update. I've organized it as a folder tree since a string file was also edited. It includes skilldesc_HiRes.txt, which you'll have to rename if you're playing on High resolution. You should be able to just merge it with your data folder.

Link to Update (This is not a test package)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:58 pm 

Stupid question the text file you need to rename what name should it have lol..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:07 pm 
Game Server Host

Just remove the "_HiRes" bit, you will likely need to rename the existing skilldesc.txt to "skilldesc_LowRes.txt" first so it allows you to change the "_HiRes" one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:39 pm 

I'm going to do a reinstall the mod so all the files are clean from conflict.. after that going to try you rename suggestions .. thx for the info..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:48 pm 

Another question.. is there a 1.7 patch or are you guys using 1.3d's patch?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:01 pm 

If you're referring to an mpq file, then we're using v1.3's patch_d2.mpq, and the data folder contains v1.7 data, so you'll need to run with -direct -txt.

When folks have finished with item suggestions or requests, then we'll prepare a v1.7 patch_d2.mpq file.

If you're running into some error, let me know. There's a reasonable chance that I made a mistake putting the test packages together.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:34 am 

I got it up and running.. tomorrow I will run low to mid lvl boss fights with your test chars.... Cheers for the tips you guys helping me get this up and running

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:01 am 

Where can I find a working download link?
All I see is error messages from dropbox/megafileupload.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:20 am 

Sorry, but I have deleted the test package to make room for the final version. I've created some additional DropBox accounts (very likely that bandwidth will be exceeded), as well as some BitTorrent links for those who are comfortable with BitTorrent (potentially faster and more reliable than anything else if several folks seed their file).

I won't be sharing those download links until the finalized version has been double checked (already found a bug that was worth repackaging everything).

Here are the final webpages for items, monprops, bossstats, etc.

Offline Profile