Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 am

Post subject: v1.7 Uniques, Runewords, Set requests
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:19 pm 

It's been mentioned a few times that folks are welcome to suggest uniques, runewords, and sets for v1.7. I removed most v1.3 stuff when I started changing it (I wanted players to collect characters rather than items, i.e. rather than grind for items after killing Hell Baal I wanted to make a new character. There's about 7-10 builds per class to try), so there's plenty of room for either new suggestions or even just requesting a certain item to be brought back.

It would be ideal if this thread was finished by the end of this week though, since it's getting pretty late to make and test the changes being requested.

If you make a request, it would be good to include the stats you want and the theme you'd like. I'll be balancing the suggestions a bit since I've got a pretty good idea of what items and stats are available in v1.7. I might also block a suggestion by telling you that it already exists, but I'll probably keep it in mind anyways just in case a niche occurs to me.

Another good method of thinking of items is to play a build you've never tried before, and think of items that would make it easier or more interesting. For example, most of the Fury+WereWolf items were made available to Sorcs because my Enchantress wanted them to be more effective in Melee.

Link to HUv1.7 Webpages

The webpages includes a home.htm file you could start at, it helps organize the other files.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: v1.7 Uniques, Runewords, Set requests
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:52 am 

Terry's set needs to be in hu .. It's kinda disrespectful not to have that set.. as for rune words I think War oblivion and thirst for knowledge should be in this patch as well..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:26 am 

Here's my first implementation for Soulmancer's set, "War", and "Knowledge" (there's also "Thirst" in the files, but I'm pretty sure you meant the SorcOrb Zod runeword). I took a look at "Oblivion" wand runeword, but I've only got the v1.3 data to go on, and it didn't look like an important runeword (just a high-%EDmg high-leach wand, is that what you had in mind?). You're welcome to recommend changes, but please let me know why, for example you could compare to some other v1.7 item or set and point out an imbalance.

SoulmancerSet
- This set was of general-use theme in the files, so I've kept it with that theme. It has access to slightly more +Skills than any other set as the hat is upgraded, until it breaks even with the level 90 AdamantHelm. Note that AdamantHelms have 153StrReq (heavy-tier armor), but if someone wanted to socket another -30%Req in the hat, then it would be around 80StrReq like the other Seige peices (100 Str is typical end-game medium-tier armor).
2 Pieces:
+15% IASpeed
+15% FCRate
3 Pieces:
+20% Enhanced Damage
+5% Elemental and Non-Elemental Damage

Completed Set:
+1 to All Skills
+100% Gold Find
+100% Magic Find
+10% Resist Phys
+10% Resist Magic
+50% FHRecovery
+15% Resist All

SoulmancerHelm
Level 55 SiegeHelm
+150% Enhanced Defense
+1 to All Skills
Phys, Mag, and Elemental Damage Reduced by 10
+85-100 ARating
-20% Stats Required
2 Sockets

3 Pieces:
+33 HP
+10 MP

SoulmancerGloves
Level 40 SiegeGauntlets
+100-125% Enhanced Defense
+2% Life Steal
+1% Mana Steal
+30% FBRate

2 Pieces:
+15% IASpeed
+15% FCRate

SoulmancerBoots
Level 40 SiegeBoots
+18-20% FR/Walk
+12-15% Resist All
+30% FHRecovery

2 Pieces:
15% HP lost goes to MP
25% chance to Open Wounds

SoulmancerBelt
Level 40 SiegeBelt
+5% MP
+5% HP
+3/8 HP per Player Level
+1/8 MP per Player Level

3 Pieces:
+30 Replenish HP
Phys, Mag, and Elemental Damage Reduced by 5

"War" - JewelZodChamBerJah
Enabled in: Torso Armor
- I included the Jewel because I thought folks might want the InnerSight PhysFacet, ElemFacets, or Wirt's for -%Req. Jewels are also pretty uncommon in runewords, so kinda sets this one apart.
+5 to oSkill Increased Stamina
+85-100% Enhanced Defense
+10% Cast Level 10 Battle Cry on Struck
+18-20% Resist All
+30% FHRecovery
(Zod) Phys, Mag, and Elemental Damage Reduced by 10
(Zod) +10% Enhanced Defense
(Cham)Indestructible
(Cham)+50 Replenish HP
(Ber) +25-40 Fire, Cold, Lightning Damage, Chills 25/25 sec
(Ber) +25-40 Magic Damage
(Jah) Cannot Be Frozen
(Jah) +50 Replenish HP
(Jah) +10% Enhanced Defense

"Knowledge" - SurChamZod
Enabled in: Sorceress Orb
- The v1.3 runeword's special feature appeared to be Conviction onEquip, but both onEquip and Conviction as an oSkill don't exist in v1.7, so I went with all the HolyAuras in one place (these exist on several items, but not all together), along with a very high level Zeal synergy (lets the HolyAuras Pierce go from 5% to 15%, which is about the maximum I'd ever consider for an entire set of v1.7 gear). Since the item already had Zod for +ARating, Zeal for more ARating, and the HolyAuras, I gave it a lot of IAS in case it was being used by a melee Chantress (hopefully in wolf form because their attack rate is pretty terrible as a Sorc, regardless of IAS or skill).
+1 to All Skills
+9 to oSkill Holy Shock
+9 to oSkill Holy Freeze
+9 to oSkill Holy Fire
+35-40% FCRate, +20 HP&MP per Kill
+60% IASpeed
255 Charges of level 20 Zeal
(Sur) 2% Pierce Enemy Elemental and Poison Resistance
(Cham)Indestructible
(Cham)+50 Replenish HP
(Zod) +15% ARating
(Zod) +100 ARating
(Zod) -25 Reduced Monster Defense per hit

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:00 am 

All looks good but for Knowledge I would put conviction back on it not as a oskill like lvl 2 on equip.. Oblivion at its end was a great bone mancer wand I will get you it's specks later today I need to find my latest version of it.. lol I have patches from 05 and up ... Cheers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:57 am 
Game Server Host

Be sure to read the design document here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bfu ... _Ideas.txt
It explains a lot, especially about why skills deal the amount of damage they do, and why some item mods are more or less common in general.

Aura on equip is no longer a thing partly beause it causes issues with state overflow, but also because, unlike the actual skills, on equip doesn't cost you a skill slot and it benefits more than just 1 player. We can't do anything about the state overflow issue atm other than try to reduce the number of states possible at 1 time, as it's tied to packet size. :(

If it's just the names you object to being missing, we can change names around really quickly. If it's the stats, then be as specific as possible about what you want to see on an item (within limits of the design doc), as time is running out now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:39 pm 

I've never commented because I haven't played much but man, those sets are really bizarre. 20-60+ level difference for items in the same set, even at lower levels?

I don't know how that's supposed to work since finding low level items is much harder at higher level, so if you are missing the level 20 crap piece for the level 80 set, you'll have to go back to act 2 of normal if you really want to find it, or possibly gamble for hours and pray.

Also what's the reasoning? Are you supposed to upgrade the crappy items to match the higher items, then get rekt by increased level req? (still +8?)

I just don't get it, if they are supposed to be a set. This is going to be really confusing for a lot of people, especially those who don't read forums much and wonder why their set items are 60 levels apart.

Apologies if this has already been explained somewhere, I'm just curious.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:10 pm 
Game Server Host

So you can use parts of the set early for partial bonus/desirabe stats, and upgrade them as you go if you decide to use the completed set. Upgrading increases more than just the base damage. It also increases + skills, and PDR/MDR to match the numbers available on the same tier of gear for that slot and item type.

Eg. IK set:
Hat and weapon are level 33, for 50%GF and 5PDR/MDR as partial bonus. Upgrading the weapon to exceptional also adds +2 all skills. Upgrading again to elite gives another +1 skills, so the final weapon has +5 skills. The helm gets +1 all skills per upgrade and 5PDR/MDR. In elite form it has +3 all skills and 10PDR/MDR. So both items can be used at any stage of the game.

There is no more +8 level req.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:05 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
This is going to be really confusing for a lot of people

For sure, this was one of the hardest things to get used to when playing through 1.7. I thought that the lvl 30ish IK hammer was dumb since the rest of the set was high level. Once I figured out that upgrading low level set/unique items was a big part of this patch, I realized that I had thrown away some of the best items, which I found from normal. As purerage mentioned, it's important to pay attention to the properties on the white items, since when you upgrade an item they will gain the properties of the exceptional/elite type, so you might get an extra +skill or additional pdr/mdr

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:08 pm 

Quote:
For sure, this was one of the hardest things to get used to when playing through 1.7. I thought that the lvl 30ish IK hammer was dumb since the rest of the set was high level.

I mean, it is dumb for a set like tal rasha. You get the weapon and the shield and 35/40 respectively, but they're awful. All of the strength of the set is in it's full bonus and the 3 piece bonus, why would you wear those at any point prior to getting at least 3 pieces?

Everything about this patch feels arbitrarily added. Seriously, when out of the loop game designers add cringy shit that they think the players are going to think is awesome and the playerbase goes what the fuck?

Really though, oskill fury on a sorc.

Offline Profile