Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 pm

Post subject: Re: 1.7 Test Feedback
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:28 am 

It is too late to add stuff to v1.7, but when a v1.7 Suggested Changes thread comes out, I'll try to review some of the suggestions I know didn't make it into v1.7 and put them on that list for whoever wants to turn v1.7 into v1.9.

Keep in mind that Khalim's Heart is guarded by 3 Leviathan and 3 groups of unique Frog Demon. Sure you could run around them, but for those who choose to stand their ground, that battle has the most exp (relative to its area) of pretty much all battles in HU.

I suppose the unique Brute-type guy that guards the Inifuss Tree could be made more interesting, I'll leave that choice to the folks behind v1.9 or maybe v1.8 (lots of BigBosses might become a good theme for that strain of HU that helps keep it apart from v1.7).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:23 am 

But you must make it so you must defeat the bosses to access the items like you did with the other quests (via portal) ;) also make Deckard Cain impossible to rescue until you beat the bosses, again via portal to original D2 Tristram maybe :) and make it so if you don't complete all quests you can't go further in game :) Just suggesting something you already did but you haven't on all places ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:21 am 

Righto, the inconsistencies could be annoying if you favour a particular style.

For what it's worth, when Soulmancer first implemented the sub bosses that open portals to the end-bosses, he did place quest restrictions on those portals. Perhaps it was the version after the first where the restrictions were implemented, I forget. Either way, the next version had them removed since enough folks didn't like the change.

One of the penalties of portal-spewing bosses is that it discourages players from playing with HolyAuras, BladeShield, or Thorns. When a monster dies to the aura-pulse, BShield, or Thorns damage, the game doesn't spawn their portal. I'm not aware of any experiments to get around that problem, nor have I heard of solutions to it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:51 am 

So maybe make them drop something like Khalim's flail and make altars that you smash with them so a secret stairs open and you enter to get the quest items I said about. Or make a red portals that are near the bosses and you can't enter them until you kill the boss. Or make the bosses drop items that grants you 1 time only use of spawning red portal where is the quest item.

Also the Anya quest should be done like that and the barbs from act V :) The barbs can be locked in the red portals that doesn't have any meaning ;) but every group of barbs ca'n be freed before killing the boss (see above)

Also the Gidbin and the statue should be earned that way too. No pain no gain.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:44 pm 

there is no "unlimited" stash ?!!?! not even for solo version ?;/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:06 pm 

Sorry, but I'm not sure what this is. If you mean Plugy, which is a mod unrelated to HU, then that's up to you to install and configure. I've seen support for Plugy in the D2SE.ini file, so it's probably easier to get working if you're already using D2SE.

I'd recommend setting up a new folder in D2SE for HU to experiment with Plugy, since I don't know if it would interfere with your ability to play multiplayer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:09 pm 

Yes bro, i mean plugy. And yes i am using D2SE.
Hmmm ill see if i can make it work.

(if anyone has a working plugy for HU solo plz give a link! :) )

EDIT:
Ok i have download the Plugy from http://plugy.free.fr/en/index.html
but honestly i have no clue how to make it work..... :roll:
any halp ? :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:19 am 

Whenever i tp to Dark Woods i get this error after 1-2 seconds. Currently Dark Woods is the last portal i have unlocked.

Attachments:
error.png
error.png [ 22.32 KiB | Viewed 51282 times ]
 Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:47 am 

The best way I've found to get around the DWoods WP bug is to take any other WP first (let the "Entering ..." message disappear, this is necessary), and then take the WP to DWood. I don't think anyone really knows why this bug exists, it might have been introduced by the D2ModSystem itself, since it's quite well known.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:41 pm 

Suggestions:

I would like to see Fist of the Heavens / Holy Bolt hit all monsters with the bolts and not just the undead.

I would like to see Holy aura's increased by about 3% from synergy instead of just two. As well as their pulse frequency synergies max levels be raised to 15 instead of 10.

I would like to see a use for Conviction with Paladin skills rather than just for Vengeance / Zeal (with elemental damage weapons).

I would like to see the maximum level for runes be 80 rather than 90, as this requires too much grinding to get interesting runewords.

Offline Profile