Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 am

Post subject: 1.5c for testing
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:00 am 

https://mega.nz/#!Do9BhTrB!ice4r3oleMe3Bsg_SNiDjUF-u5PRLu72OVUJxpRiam0

The link contains all the files you need 1.5c + core files. remember that this is based on 1.5 and still has immunes and has none of the changes besides some bug fixes implemented by 1.6

This is just for testing/playing on single player or playing on TCP

Feel free to give feedback/suggestions

General
-buffed most low level spells base damage and tier 1 damage
-reduced hireling damage to bosses from 60%/40%/20% to 45%/30%/15%
-changed skill reqs from 1,6,12,20,28,36 to 1,6,12,18,24,30
-barb gets 15 hp/lvl, pal gets 10 hp per level, the rest get 5 hp per level and everyone gets 12 hp per vita;
-removed conversion from hell a2 mercs

Levels/Monsters
-rebalanced monster and boss strength
-rebalanced the hell xp curve so that act1-3 is monster level 81-87, before it was 71-87 ish
-countess highest rune drop in hell is now Lo
-reduced champ gold drops in norm/nm and increased in hell
-new shortcut to sszak
-reduced bonecage hp
-fixed realm of slain invisible wall
-fixed hell lancers in challenge 1
-fixed exp exploit in challenge 2
-reduced difficulty of challenge 3
-reverted LOS maps
-changed thracks skills

Act 5 Hell/95 rebalance
-lvl 95 items are now ilvl 95 again and can drop in lvl 95 and above areas
-Level 95+ areas in hell now:
-Shenks Tower
-Arreat Plateau and onward
-bloodyfoothills and frigid highlands are NOT lvl 95 areas

Items

-increased dex requirement on low level throwing weapons to keep most builds from using them to cheese act1, but they can still be used on dex chars for some aoe
-fixed high level claw skills
-greatly reduced the chance to gamble sets and uniques, it is now similar to 1.3 chances

-removed stat based increases from potions
-hp pots increased to 60% over 6 seconds
-mana pots restore 100% + 200 over 12 seconds

-reduced absorb on gems by about half chipped is 1% and uber is 5%
-redcued lifesteal and manasteal on skulls and amn runes by about half
-reduced the str req on the high-end weapons and armor to a max of 200
-rebalanced crafts; they were a bit too strong before compared to uniques I reduced the power of some of the stronger ones
-reduced the hp% on all armors by a a lot; the most an armor will have now is about 10%
-removed dr/hp% affix from magic/rare
-removed ele/mag/psn pierce affix from magic/rare armors and helms
-removed jewel requirement from magic -> normal cube recipe
-revamped gem buying: A1:chipped/flawed, A2:normal, A3:flawless, A4:perfect, A5:SS and MS....all gems can be purchaed multiple times on all difficulties now

-purple dye = health pot + blue pot + amethyst
-fixed claw staff mods

-various changes to some uniques to balance them out
-changed veil of steel to be more inline with COA
-reduced flat damage on gnarled root and hatestorm crest
-wisp gives level 1 charges now, removed mag pierce and mag res; added new ring with magic pierce and magic res to compensate for magic builds
-removed fade from spirit ward; increased all res from 40 to 70
-buffed facets from 3-5% to 4-5%

Amazon
psn skills set at 4 second duration at all levels

fire arrow
-always pierces

cold arrow
-gets multiple arrows based on base lvl with a max of 5 (blvl/2 arrows up to 5 arrows max)

jab/impale/fend
-redcued dmg from synergies
-increased ed/ar per level

Valkyrie
-reduced hp/defence

Innersight
-fixed innersight
-innersight now gives -1% enemy defense per lvl

Perfection
-res from perfection is no longer based on hard points in strategy; it now scales with diminishing returns from 1 to 50

Magic Arrow
-added a small nova to magic arrow on hit

Lightning Strike
-increased lightning strike base elemental damage by 100%; reduced mana cost to 8

Impale
-updated impale skill desc

Strafe
-fixed strafe, max of 6 arrows on a single target with slvl 20 or higher
-reduced ed% from 100+25 to 50+10

Pierce
-reduced pierce to max of 60%

Guided Arrow
-set GA mana cost to a flat 10

Multiple shot
-reduced number of arrows to 3+0.25 per level
-reduced damage from 3/4 to 2/3

Dodge/Avoid
-max dodge and evade % reduced from 75% to 20%

Assassin
-increased venom, fade and BoS base duration to 1 hour
-increased blade shield base duration to 3 mins

Claw Mastery
-increased ar/ed from 10/10%/lvl to 30/20%/lvl

Charge-ups
-rebalanced elemental charge up damage; 2nd and 3rd charges no longer cause counters; claws of lightning has a new triple lightning meteor for the 3rd charge
-made chargeups uninterruptable

Claw Block
-reduced claw block to a max of around 50
-removed fbr from claw block

Shadows
-buffed shadows hp

Bladefury
-increased base number of blades to 3
-blade fury is now a simple missle skill meant to be used for long range dmg; shoots 3+(blvl/5) blades for 1/1 weapon damage and pierces all enemies

Bladeshield
-bladeshield reduced to 1/4 weapon damage
-increased time bettween attacks on blade shield from .5 sec to 1 sec

Cloak of Shadows
-moved def% from COS to claw mastery

Fade
-fade res and curse reduction now scales with diminishing returns from 1 to 50

Barb

Whirlwind
-reduced to 1/1 weapon damage

Frenzy
-frenzy reduced to 1/1 weapon dmg

Battle Orders
-now 1% per 4 pts

Concentrate
-reduced concentrate dmg/ar per lvl to 25% from 40%

Druid

-feralrage/maul/fireclaws/frostbite cannot be interrupted
-fixed summon hp
-increased armageddon and hurricane base duration to 5 mins

Grizzly
-reduced hp/defence

Molten Boulder
-increased the speed of molten boulder and set it back to 1 boulder per cast

Oak Sage
-removed hp% from oaksage; replaced with 5+(blvl/4)+(lvl/4) fire/cold/lit pierce

Spirit of Barbs
-reduced SOB absorbs from 10% max to 5% max

Ravens
-buffed ravens sigificantly; max of 10

Fireclaws/Frostbite
-same dps, slower speed, less counters, less mana cost
-changed animation from bite to feralrage animation
-increased lvl 1 base damage by 100%
-increased tier 1-5 damage by 50%
-reduced mana cost to 3 scaling down to 1

-increased shockwave tier 5 damage by 50%

Necro
Poison strike
-4 second duration at all levels

-fixed golems hp/dmg to be where to should be
-increased dmg/hp of skeletons slightly
-reduced lifetap to 2%

Paladin
-removed the ias bonus from holy auras

Res Auras
-res auras absorb reduced to 5+(blvl/4)
-salvation now only gets 1 fire/cold/lit absorb per 4 self hard points for a max of 5% ele absorb

Blessed Hammer
-doubled blessedhammer mana cost

Smite
-dr% reduced to 1% per 2 hard points

Zeal
-added passive ias to zeal as long as you have at least 1 hard point in it so melee paladins can run any aura they want (defiance zealer, etc)
-reduced zeal damage to 50%+10%

Holy Fire
-increased holyfire damage by 10% on tier 4 and 5

Holy Freeze
-reduced max holy freeze slow from 40% to 10%

Holy Shock
-increased holyshock max tier 5 damage by 15%

Holybolt
-increased mana cost per level on holybolt by 0.5
-reduced the heal on holy bolt by about a third and gave it no variance in heal ammount her cast

Might
-increased might damage scaling to 60 + 20

Fanaticism
-increased ar per level on fanaticism from 10% to 20% and ed% from 6/12 to 10/20

Blessed Aim
-passive at set at 5%/lvl
-halfed lifesteal lvl/2

Sanctuary
-reduced undead/demon damage/ar on sanctuary from 100+25 to 25+5

Sorc
-increased the missile speed of firebolt/icebolt/chargedbolt by 50%
-removed frozen armor as a synergy to frost nova/chilling armor/shiver armor and buffed the synergy bonuses to compensate
-added frozen armor as a synergy for icebolt and frozen orb as a replacement to cold mastery
-swapped the lvl req of FO and blizzard due to the above change
-increased warmth, shiver armor, chilling armor and ES base duration to 1 hour

Hydra
-fixed hydras :)
-removed firebolt as a hydra synergy and increased remaining synergies by 2% each and increased duration to 12 secs

Firebolt
-removed enchant and hydras as synergies to firebolt; increased synergy bonus from 22% to 30% to compensate

Flamewave
-reduced number of missiles to 5

Firewall
-increased timer to 1 sec
-reduced duration from 90 frames to 35 frames (1 firewall at a time)

Elemental Masteries
-removed the absorbs from mastery
-you can now only put 1 hard point in any ele mastery; once that 1 pt is in you get locked out of the other 2
-say for example you choose fire mastery, you will get:
-2% fire mastery per character level
-2% cold mastery per char lvl
-3.8% lit mastery per char lvl
-these values are based on slvl 55 mastery, you get 66% of the value of slvl 55 mastery at clvl 100 for 1 hard point, what about the other 33%? keep reading
-you also get 50% of your chosen elements pierce stat added to the other 2 elements pierce
-for example you choose fire and you have 100% fire pierce, then you will gain 50% cold and lit pierce
-you only need 1 hard point to get these benefits but if sorcs can still focus more on a single element and be rewarded.
-for 19 more hard points in your chosen mastery you get 7% fire/cold and 12% lit damage per hard point which combined with the per char level bonus at char level 100 is about the equivalent of a slvl 60 mastery

Last edited by Mrawskrad on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 1.5c for testing
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:35 am 

Was barb good in 1.5b? Seem to rem they where mediocre..

Since you reduced their frenzy and ww dmg..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:44 am 

Barb is my favorite class. I always thought they were very strong and I preformed as well as any other melee build and sometimes better vs certain bosses, like diablo. I remember my barb carrying everyone on the first Hell Diablo kill in patch 1.5a when Diablo would instantly kill anyone, since I could avoid all his spells while killing him with WW and leap. I thought they were strong before the WW and frenzy buffs. I always thought those buffs were unnecessary, but barbs my favorite class so I'm not against buffing them I guess. :P

tl;dr: I think barbs are very strong and balanced

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:41 am 

I was going to download the text files and run them through the webpage maker (I remember that at least a couple runewords were bugged in the 1.5 files I was testing with last fall), but the download webpage was asking for decryption keys and wanting me to install stuff that I didn't feel like dealing with. It might be worth explaining to downloaders what they should expect.

If you're having trouble running the webpage maker yourself (I've confirmed a couple reports of people having trouble), then let me know and maybe I can find the cause. That program is handy for finding minor typos (maybe a misspelled skill or property).

<edit>I've updated the webpage maker program to handle runewords better, and I've uploaded a 32-bit version as well as a 64-bit version. The instructions file explains what changes are needed to the included properties.txt file to make it compatible with v1.5c (it might be fine as it is though).
Web Page Maker</edit>

Last edited by Brevan on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:22 pm 

Would you consider giving Double Swing back its original animation? The way it is now, there is no reason to use it once you have frenzy.

I understand it will cause mass counters, and that you have slowed fireclaws/frostbite slightly slower animations in a similar vein. But, I think the latter is also due to them being very strong skills, as well as being able to hit faster rates than even double swing (i think). If I recall correctly, max frenzy attack speed is 5.5 fpa, compared to 3 (hell i think actually 2) for hunger animations.

There's quite a bit to take into account. I know this isn't an apples to apples comparison...just food for thought.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:37 am 

I fixed the DL link. Sorry about that

Yeah I can change DS back. Maybe even do something new with it. Hmmm. Any ideas?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:06 pm 

Well my 2c

Weaponblock desperately needs some amount of FBR or it's beyond useless as you just get locked out of ever swinging on any kind of melee build. Maybe 1.5% FBR per hard point and 1% per 2 or 3 soft points?

Also maybe create a set similar to the order of conflict (mageslayers) set since sins are the only class that has no set weapon until 85 and the uniques/rws are pretty limited until very high level as well. I think it really helps bridge the gap of having nothing to use midgame except Jade Talon or something worse

Why nerf WW damage? it's a mediocre trash clear skill that has no value vs bosses

Looks good though and tbh I am terrified of 1.7 and might rather see this come to light. I have a feeling 1.7 is going to be way too hard for the amount of players we have. Very low gear ceiling + immunities = dead game after 2 weeks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:29 pm 

Yes, clawblock could use some FBR.

WW is godly. Learn to tri whirl properly.

I get bored if HU is too easy. I'm waiting for 1.7 and I hope its hard. Long time players of HU get bored if its too easy and I honestly feel we should cater to the Vets since they (we) have been sticking around here for the last 11 years or so.

I think 1.5c is too easy too for reference. There is a new game called Grim Dawn and its awesome but I got bored of it because its so easy. :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:49 pm 

Well people say they want a challenge but the reality is no one actually does. The "vets" quickly figure out the strongest patch character with the strongest group composition and try to rush through the game as fast as possible with it.

It is human nature to take the path of least resistance. BH/FOH pallys with bypass had their day, poison zons, bow zons, blade sins, fireclaw/oak cheese, when these were strong it was all they played. People weren't playing groups of MA ele sins, poison strike necros, melee zons, and lightning sorcs to say they wanted a fun challenge.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:22 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
Well people say they want a challenge but the reality is no one actually does. The "vets" quickly figure out the strongest patch character with the strongest group composition and try to rush through the game as fast as possible with it.

It is human nature to take the path of least resistance. BH/FOH pallys with bypass had their day, poison zons, bow zons, blade sins, fireclaw/oak cheese, when these were strong it was all they played. People weren't playing groups of MA ele sins, poison strike necros, melee zons, and lightning sorcs to say they wanted a fun challenge.

Not true. I never played those builds on my first char of any season and I'm not the only one. I always used a melee amazon or barb. You don't speak for everyone. ^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:43 am 

Of course we made the op characters first to cheese content after we got the gear we needed for the less than optimal builds we ran whatever. G and I did the game with Holy Freeze and TK.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:40 am 
Game Server Host

The reality is, HU has been getting easier since 1.21z and the player base has been steadily declining since then. There are a million and 1 easy mods out there, very few have the difficulty of HU 1.21z. The thing that attracted people to HU in the first place was always the difficulty, not the flashy skills/screen rape stuff that has been done to death.

We're aiming for a good middle ground between the ball punchingly frustrating 1 shot fest of 1.4 and ease of near immortal tanks and face melting dps.

We're under no illusions. Not everyone will love it as you can't please everyone, but it's a patch for those folks who enjoyed the original HU difficulty and stopped playing as it became easier and easier. There will be an easier solo edition available for people who play alone and don't want to group up. HU shouldn't have to adapt to new players. New players should adapt to HU.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:06 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
The thing that attracted people to HU in the first place was always the difficulty, not the flashy skills/screen rape stuff that has been done to death.

HU shouldn't have to adapt to new players. New players should adapt to HU.

Yes yes yes :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:38 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
The reality is, HU has been getting easier since 1.21z and the player base has been steadily declining since then. There are a million and 1 easy mods out there, very few have the difficulty of HU 1.21z. The thing that attracted people to HU in the first place was always the difficulty, not the flashy skills/screen rape stuff that has been done to death.

We're aiming for a good middle ground between the ball punchingly frustrating 1 shot fest of 1.4 and ease of near immortal tanks and face melting dps.

We're under no illusions. Not everyone will love it as you can't please everyone, but it's a patch for those folks who enjoyed the original HU difficulty and stopped playing as it became easier and easier. There will be an easier solo edition available for people who play alone and don't want to group up. HU shouldn't have to adapt to new players. New players should adapt to HU.

Talking about 1.7 here?:)

Sounds perfect.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:05 pm 

There's a big difference if 'difficult' means 'requires more farming, crafting, gambling, and effort' or if it means 'literally unplayable with less than 3 people'

What would be interesting is if the entire "storymode" progression was somewhat-soloable (but very hard), but there were many areas throughout the game and after the story (like LOS and more) that could not be soloed and dropped exclusive items. That way you don't have the issues that we even have now of people getting to meph or diablo in NM, getting raped, and saying 'well this is not beatable, I quit'.

It would take a very long time create monster balance like this but I think it would be so sick. I certainly couldn't handle it but if you guys worked together I bet it could be done.

Just keep in mind HU is 90% solo for 90% of the people.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:34 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
What would be interesting is if the entire "storymode" progression was somewhat-soloable (but very hard), but there were many areas throughout the game and after the story (like LOS and more) that could not be soloed and dropped exclusive items. That way you don't have the issues that we even have now of people getting to meph or diablo in NM, getting raped, and saying 'well this is not beatable, I quit'.
Just keep in mind HU is 90% solo for 90% of the people.

This is also what I was thinking and I definitelly agree with the sentiment, at least until the player numbers go back up.

The main issue is what could possible be good enough to bother doing sidequests? Why do a sidequest in act 1 when you could get something better by doing a similar sidequest in act 2-3-4-5?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:02 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
HU shouldn't have to adapt to new players. New players should adapt to HU.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:54 pm 

Wanted to give this a try but I get an error saying the patch_D2.mpq is corrupt when I hit the single player button. Any ideas that don't involve installing D2 from scratch? 1.5b works fine, guess ill play that for now.
As someone who completely missed out on 1.4 and hasn't played since 1.3 what are the main things I need to know? How do I get a return tome? I'm thinking i'll just casually multibox tcp/ip with a summon nec/barb/pala for now to get a hang of things again.
Hmm... all these new barb passives... how do you build now? just 1 point in each and max melee I guess? is BO worth maxing?
What about FoH?

Last edited by Corr on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:33 pm 

why play 1.5 when there is 1.6?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:04 pm 

If the downloaded patch is really corrupted, then you will be out of luck.

DoubtFuLMind wrote:
why play 1.5 when there is 1.6?

Because 1.6 was not such a warm and fuzzy rollover.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:37 am 

Got the return tome and found my way to act 1 NM so far. Sets/Uniques throughout normal are too good... there's no point really trying to customize with rares because S/U provide EVERYTHING. Still using Albrecht's on barb which has been steamrolling everything since he picked up the unique pike in the end of act 3. Mephisto was a cakewalk, Diablo was a cakewalk (as long as I dodged the lightning hose, yikes). Baal took a little more patience but was pretty easy in the end too with the unique Tabar. I like the potion changes but they're a bit too strong I feel. Also the 50% HP for 2handers seems too high, no point using shield or swords except for the few scenarios where you HAVE to have max DR%/sorb/block to avoid getting instagibbed...
Normal untwinked never felt this easy except the few times I played poison builds in 1.3.
I've done maybe 30 frost dragon runs and 40-50 nm mortanius runs, can't find a Warpspear for the life of me, 1 Skull Collector, 4 Chromatic Ire and most other lvl 50-60 uniques.
Build-wise I'm not sure where to go. Nec maxed amp/rs/sm so far... archers don't seem worth it? Guess it depends on what job he has to fulfill. CE for thrash grinding, decrep/blades for bosses?
Barb has max melee, bash, 1 point ww/bo etc... again not sure if I should focus on just maxing WW dmg or if i'll need the berserk synergy. BO doesn't seem worth the points.
Pala is max prayer+HB so far, debating whether or not to go FoH to get past hell Diablo or if I should just max out on support/auras.

Edit: I'm in Act 4 NM now, got Spire of Honor at Baal which made NM a breeze so far, I think the damage/ed on it is a bit too high. I like the new Samhain space, took some dirty dancing and like half a cube of pots to solo with the barb.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:21 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:

I am new to HU. Im confused as hell with the versions (trying to learn about them now.... which sucks) but i do agree that a game or a mod shouldnt adapt to what kind of ppl there are out there, players should adapt to the mods. Especially mods since they are free and not mainstream money grap. As always much respect to the modders :!:

But yeah i am solo player myself and i would like to be able to have a chance and obtain every item in the game solo-ing.
I dont mind a very hard but solo-able game.
I played Netherworld Rises (by PureRage) to lvl 30 and i think it was the hardest game i have played. I stopped it but not because of the difficulty, but because i thought some skills dont work. And i deleted my saves :/

Anyway, my point is that i want a hard mod that CAN be soloed. So i wonder which version i should be playing.

I also like when there is "support" for two-handed weapons. Many times i find using one-handed and shield or duals (with barb) way better option that a two-handed and i think thats a shame cause especially Barb should be good with both duals and two-handed weapons. Like Eastern Sun and Nezeramontias does.
I like when there arent pre-requirements for skills, especially when those skills dont even get syngery bonuses from the previous skills.
I prefer low but challenging monster density.
I prefer atmospheric/dark game.
I prefer classes that do feel unique when you play them (stats and skill wise). For example there is a mod called Hell's Revenge which makes classes feel truly unique (its an old and unfinished mod though but the idea behind it was great).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:03 pm 

Well, if you want a solo-able version why not try 1.21z? there's a solo version of it.
I'll just leave a link here, in case you want to try.
https://mega.nz/#!LUJnwK6I!g8YkRaKA5iqEh05YVOFlhUsYCBVXb0Dv2nJxlUpJHQ0

It's sfx and for d2se, ofc

Note: the resistances of all mobs are capped to 75 (by editting D2Game.dll), so if you don't want it just replace the dll with the original one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:55 am 

I've made it to Act 3 hell now. Barb still hasn't needed to use a shield. I took screenshots of the stats I had against most of the bosses. Barb solo'd most encounters only using decrep from Spellsteal paired with some slow from gear. NM Diablo took a bit of patience but mostly it was just being alert about when the lightning hose animation began and getting out of the way. I used eth upgraded Kelpie Snare so I think I had 21% slow not counting decrep for that fight.
Ancients were cheesed with my necro; summoning my full army and dealing as much damage as possible, returning to town and repeating. Their damage didn't seem as strong as it used to be so I imagine with a block setup I could've done them with the barb without too much trouble. At that point I finally picked a build for my sorc and decided to try Nova/Static/TS... Nova is ridiculously good vs trash but TS' range seems underwhelming, I don't think i'll be able to do many bosses with it since I have to get be so close.
Anyway back to Baal and his minions... I'm not sure what the rationale is between the changed order but it would make sense to me Asmodeous was the first one since he's still by FAR the easiest of them all. I ended up doing achmel with the sorc, I could probably have done him with the barb using sanctuary aura but I didn't bother trying. Glasya hurt as usual but I don't remember having much difficulty with her. Although Darkness spawned with fairly easy mods it still took me 3 or 4 tries I think. With only 17% PDR I had to be super disciplined about when I WW'ed him to not get thrashed by tornados.
Baal was a pretty good fight. It took a while to separate him from the tentacles. According to my screenshot I had 28% slow against him using the ethereal upgraded Kelpie that I used for Diablo as well. Once I got rid of the tentacles it was again mostly about being disciplined about not engaging and WW'ing with less than 80% health; after a patient battle and half a cube of pots or so he fell:
For hell I've skipped everything that wasn't mandatory so far... While I didn't like how shitty act 1 hell and to a lesser extent act 2 was in 1.3 from a farming perspective I'm also not too fond of the idea that you can farm endgame gear minus 95 uniques already in act 1... Maybe its because the nova sorc is so ridiculously fast at farming trash (trash being too weak imo) but I have collected a bunch of 80-86 set/uniques and 2 cham runes in a very short time... I haven't really played melee since 1.21 so I'm not sure what the best use of the Zod is but I'm guessing Sorrow TM or the concentration War Pike? Apart from those I guess the best endgame weapon is still ethereal Executioner's Justice from what I can see in uniques.txt...?
Anyway, Tobial was fierce. The barb might've been able to handle him with a block setup but in the end I managed to kill him with my sorc and her act 5 wolf merc (which seems incredibly strong - I've never used act 5 mercs previously). Andariel herself was much easier by comparison. Using the 25% amp from my necro she fell in a pretty short while.
Act 2 - Ardual, Maggot Queen and Juggernaut were all complete pushovers with 70% LL and sufficient res. Only the juggernaut managed to bring my barb low briefly with the amp/aura damage spikes. Summoner was a different beast but mainly because I didn't stack enough cold res on the barb initially. I moved him out of the way with bash/TK and then cleared the mummies with the nova sorc. After I fixed the cold res he was a piece of cake with the barb. Champion Wyrms are still easily the one of the most silly things in this mod and I ended up parking/skipping them for the most part. Thrack was a complete farce, I hope his skills changing between 1.5b and 1.5c was an attempt to make him a bigger threat.
Duriel was another beast. Again if I had made a block setup with sufficient CB% he might've been easy enough but how I went against him proved to be a very close match. The only fight I've had so far where the changed monster HPTable that I use might've made a difference (I use vanilla values to make farming faster/less tedious, that means I fought duriel and other bosses with a 250 multiplier rather than the 350 value set by Mraw). I had 3 or 4 attempts where I tried a slightly higher defense setup but in the end I settled for using the slow setup albeit with a Stormspire rather than my eth Kelpie (thinking I might need it later and the durability is running low). Image

For act 3 I'll get the barb to 90, upgrade his equipment and maybe decide on the use of the zod rune/endgame weapon before giving Mephisto a go in the next days.

Edit:
As I was doing the act 3 quests and gathering the waypoints I found I had a perfect durance level 2 (shortest distance from WP to level 3 possible) and decided I might as well give Meph a go. Mithia spawned lightning enchanted and there was almost no champion Seraphs on top of that so it only took a few minutes before I had the portal open.
Meph was much less of a struggle than Duriel. I did use a full cube of healing potions and had to use my necro's amp for the last third of Meph's life (forgot to bring smith rune for my Spellsteal) but the barb never really got close to dying. Once again I used a 22% slow setup with enough light res to counter the LR curse.
I'll be preparing for Diablo the next days. I'll try a few things with the barb and probably level/spec my pala into a FoH build if the barb falls short. I took a glance at the zod runewords again... I guess Hatred and Last Wish are options too, LW looks pretty good although i'll have to find some more runes and a suitable base. IDK how good slvl 5 Fade is now though. Sitting on 2 Cham/1 Jah/1 Ber/4 Sur/7 Lo for now, planning to make a Faith Glaive for the necro.

Edit2: Made the Faith and completed my hellforges: Cham, Sur, Lo, Um (!) and found another Ber so I can make Last Wish once I actually find a worthwhile base item...
CS is going to be a pita to clear with the Mariliths... probably gonna stack up on pierce on the sorc and yolo them. If I spec FoH on the pala it'll be quick to clear out all the other mobs but I'm not sure if its good enough in this version even with a lot of magic pierce.
I haven't been able to find Trang's gloves to complete the set but finally found the Overseer skill to not have to rely on Warpspear for the necro anymore. Trying to decide if Enigma+Mancers set or something else is really worth it or if Trangs is decent enough. Haven't actually used Mancer's set since 1.21..
About (elite) uniques - I understood the need to add more sockets to make them competitive but with everything having 3-4 sockets crafting/rares have become completely obsolete. Should be more of a middle ground IMO with uniques offering properties that cannot be gotten from rares/crafts but with extra sockets available on those making them better in some scenarios.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:20 am 

I ended up rolling a Sorrow thunder maul and got a hefty bump in damage^^
The hardest part of clearing the CS was as usual dealing with Champion Mariliths... even though I had a very lucky roll and had only 8 or 10 of them in total. I expected Vizier to be a tough opponent but he dropped like a fly to my damage output with the 25% amp.
Diablo. The fight was the toughest so far but still fairly short. It took me 4 attempts but that was maybe 20 minutes in total after I had bought potions and prepared for it. The lightning hose was lethal as expected and with my 0% fire absorb the firestorm was dangerous too although way easier to dodge. I don't think I would've had any chance without the 25% amp from the necro. Maybe with a 1h setup that allowed me to get fire absorb while maintaining the 50% PDR but I'd probably need something ridiculous like a 511ed selfrep weapon with cham or ber runes socketed. Two cubes worth of pots wouldn't be enough I think... No idea what 4-digit life characters are supposed to do against hell diablo other than stay at max range.

Hell Tundra greeted my return with a Templars drop within 5 minutes followed by 2 Bers and a Darkforce Spawn in the next 2 runs :D
I realized Sorrow might not have been the best choice after all from a boss fighting perspective but I have the runes to complete a Last Wish as well by now if I find a proper base... I guess it'll be a Colossus Blade but I'm not fond of giving up that juicy 2h HP bonus.
I'm not sure if i'll be giving Baal a go any time soon...

Offline Profile