Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:36 am

Post subject: Re: Quest Related Changes
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:56 pm 

I took a look at Izual's new Prison floor. It looks like a fun change, but there are many unwalkable tiles on the floor spread in a consistent manner. They don't block missiles or anything (they are not invisiwalls), but if you tried to get your character to walk far away, then they are forced into a stuttery slalom movement. It's a minor issue from what I can see, although I think it might be an issue for spell targeting for spells that don't choose a target (One change I made to Volcano back in 2012 was for it to choose an open ground target by itself (like most other spells), but I think it would have been affected but this issue, and do not know if other spells would be hindered).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:43 am 
Game Server Host

Hmm, I'll take another look at it. I never noticed it on the druid but I didn't do much wandering around.

Edit: Checked the map in editor and in game. Confirmed some strange tiles in game, but in editor, there is nothing at all on those tiles besids a floor tile. Not sure what the issue is there. Possibly something to do with the original map (I didn't create a new blank file, I just opened the old map, deleted everything then rebuilt).
I'll try creating a blank file and rebuilding the map that way. Very strange behavior.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:08 am 
Game Server Host

Fixed this issue. The problem was the floor tiles have a default sub-index for some reason that prevents you exiting the tile in a certain direction depending on the index value. I cleared the value on each tile and all seems fine. I added a few more walls to make it more prisonish. Here's the fixed map file. Just merge with your data folder:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/153 ... _HU1.7.exe

Added it to the update in the Development thread too.

Offline Profile