Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm

Post subject: Suggestion to all other hosts
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:17 pm 
Game Server Host

maybe add "No 3rd Party Programs Allowed" to your message of the day.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion to all other hosts
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:43 am 

What there should be is a sticky, since d2loader is allowed. Make a sticky in the "Hell Unleashed" subforum and state that d2loader and Rage's edits are allowed and change the message of the day when you log into arimyth, the one that doesn't show up anymore? Put something in the readme as well. Changing the message of the day for server hosts is a good idea as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:03 am 

There should be an update post on the realm stating that the no cheating rule is being enforced now, as well as a reminder (like how PureRage does it on his server) that no third-party programs are allowed.

D2Loader is different. Even though it is a third-party program, it's not a cheat. (No, I don't use D2Loader. I use Daemon Tools and an image of my LOD CD, reduces the wait time to just 3 seconds on this comp!)

(It's been there since the days of ES...)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:58 am 

Hacks have never been allowed, and everyone has always known that. Is the newcomers plain 'ol stupid or are they just coming from the wrong place? Never needed at sticky before...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 am 

Maybe some new players have the following reasoning :

Used to be a battlenet player, no modifications whatsoever are allowed, that includes d2loader. Coming to the forum and reading about using d2loader and how it's allowed, kinda seeing maphack etc in the same class as d2loader, therefore thinking all modifications/hacks are allowed.

When I was about to start with HU, I was wondering what HUGuard.exe was used for, and the latest info I could find on it at the time, was that this program (obviously an anti cheat detection system) was no longer required to run. So that's not really a hint in the direction that cheating is not allowed.

Also, not everybody has the same definition of "cheating". Apparently, some modifications are allowed and even advertised on the forum. (I'm not saying that I'm against any kind of modifications, because I use Blue's and Purerage's myself.)

What I am saying is that it should be well documented (like a sticky topic, readme files, whatever) what is and what isn't allowed, so no misunderstanding can be excused.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:02 am 

hm, it's just boiled down to Duffy reworking the code so it doesn't wreck the server performance like it used to - this is the reason why antihack isn't working right atm.

also, ppl like to place trojans, keyloggers, viruses and all that junk in distributable hacks nowadays, more than such reason I don't use hacks.

I don't use hacks anyhow, it's just wrong.

Offline Profile