Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 am

Post subject: Reduce psn boosts on necromancer items
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:56 pm 

Concept - Necromancers have access to a very strong -psn resist through their skillset and thus item boosts are not necessary. Should a necromancer desire stronger -psn resist, they can spend more points in LR. Furthermore, once a resist is broken, item based -psn resist operate at 100% strength which introduces a very large power boost. Reducing this will go a long way to decreasing the psn necromancer's power.

Items affected:

Deathweb: remove -20% psn resist
Darkforce Spawn: remove -20% psn resist
Trang-Oul's Wing: remove -25% to Enemy Poison Resistance (3 Items Equipped)

On a related note:
Trang-Oul's Claws +25% to Poison Skill Damage (Full Set Equipped)
should probably be dropped down to +10%

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Reduce psn boosts on necromancer items
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:27 pm 

Poison necros should do less than poison zons and less than most other elemental builds out there, specifically because they freely have LR at their disposal, not to mention summons as well since poison is only a 60 point build.

Poison necros do fine damage with zero gear. WITH gear they are one of the strongest builds in this mod and it is no wonder that I see so many of them. +9 poison dagger on death's web alone? Jesus Christ.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:33 pm 

WolfStar wrote:
Poison necros do fine damage with zero gear. WITH gear they are one of the strongest builds in this mod and it is no wonder that I see so many of them. +9 poison dagger on death's web alone? Jesus Christ.

Ya, there are a lot of pro-psn dagger items kickin around out there from back when no one bothered to use that skill and just nova'd everything.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Poison Necro-the new Super trend
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:42 pm 

I'm not sure of the specifics of the said gear, but yeah, something should be done to keep the integrity of the game. When a newb can make a poison necromancer (which seem to require very little skill to play) and solo Hell Sammy, and pass out +3 charms to his L33t friends, it's time to do something. You basically have to be highly intoxicated while playing a poison necro not to be able to solo Sammy, which is another funny story I witnessed. And yes LR is the god-factor.

This is a shame that good players out there like Holy (who have worked hard to get their gear and have tempered their build well) would have to suffer on the account of the new bandwagon kids. But I mean really, next season what do you think the first character 65% of the people will make if things aren't changed? Let's stop this Golden ticket, this easy out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:25 am 

I think the biggest factor in all the Poison Necs popping up and doing so good and being able to kill everything so fast is Trang's Set. It's insanely easy to find all the pieces.. I've literally found Helm, Shield, Belt, and Gloves in 2 consecutive Tundra games which took less than 10 minutes. Let's look at the mods of Trangs Set.

+25% Poison Damage
-25% Poison Res
+1 TELEPORT wtf?
8x Sockets to use Psn Facets
20% Life
50% Mana
25% Dr
+10 to Poison Skills
+200 Life
150% poison resist
150% cold resist
100% fire resist
100% lightning resist

You can find all these parts easy as pie then have all of your end game gear done. Dweb is very nice yes, I don't think it needs to be chaged its % chance of dropping needs to be lowered and it needs to have variation on the mods.

I'm all for have +teleport 0Skill but not on Trangs Set. Everyone always cries about 0Skill teleport like on my Zod Runeword Helm suggestion because they think it needs to have a downside to using Teleport. Trangs is just too easy to get and too overpowered.

If Trangs set wasn't so godly a Poison Nec end game would have to get Enigma, Darkforce, Griffons, Arach, HellMouth, Crafted Boots, etc. That would give them

+8 Poison Skills
-20% Poison Resist
+16% Poison Damage
6 Sockets

Compared to
+10 Poison Skills
+25% Poison Damage
-25% Poison Res
8x Sockets

Offline Profile