Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm

Post subject: Eth bows
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:21 pm 

The difference between an eth bow and a non-eth bow is staggering and would seem to open balance concerns.

I would suggest disabling the eth mod on bows and simply raising the value of non-eth bows. A case of meet in the middle to balance things out.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Eth bows
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:22 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
The difference between an eth bow and a non-eth bow is staggering and would seem to open balance concerns.

I would suggest disabling the eth mod on bows and simply raising the value of non-eth bows. A case of meet in the middle to balance things out.

Sounds good to me, or make it so there's durability on bows again.

Last edited by WolfStar on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:17 pm 

hm, -30% ias with eth mod on throwable(just create new pref/suff for throwable only)? something for something, melee needs zod over one gem/jewel/rune.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:22 pm 

I can see your concern for this, because it makes non-eth bows completely useless when there is no consequence or anything you have to do differently to use a eth Bow.

Steel wrote:
hm, -30% ias with eth mod on throwable(just create new pref/suff for throwable only)? something for something, melee needs zod over one gem/jewel/rune.

Something like this seems like a good idea but it would be hard to balance. Because zod > uber amethyst (30 ias to cover the loss). Also, you could still use the bow without as much of a consequence as a melee item. Because it won't break or wear down, it just goes slower. If you get a nice roll with 40 ias, then your solid. I don't know what you could do besides put durability on it? (or back on it?) I've only played for this season and like a week of last season I don't know if they used to have it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:17 pm 

Since Dex gives 3% SkillED per point, it's pretty easy to have a char/rogue with at least 1500% SkillED, which is pretty over-the-top. This makes skills like Multi, GuidedArrow, Strafe, and MagicArrow 1-point-wonders.

I agree that Eth bows should be removed. With the huge numbers of SkillED available to chars, the extra 50% base damage of an Eth is magified so much that non-eth bows are a waste of time, even though they're still fine to use. After removing Eth mod, I don't think bows need their base dmg buffed.

HolyGhost wrote:
I don't know if bows used to have durability.
In Vanilla, bows have no durability (this is why FuryDruids loved Buriza for the longest time). In HU, they were given durability long ago because that's the only way to allow them to be Ethereal. However, bows never lose durability unless they're used in ShapeShifted form (i.e. Druid or Bear form). Since bows never lose durability, they're pretty overpowered.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:04 pm 

Just thought of something when I got on Leah to clear a tundra. Considering that Dodge and Avoid are completely broken and should be a high focal point of a zon I think that eth bows should just be left alone.

Or fix dodge and fix bows. I think its a fair compromise.

Offline Profile