+ 50-100 energy
+ 33 replenish life
+ 44-66% regenerate mana
- 15-30 all stats
- 10 all res
2-10% damage taken goes to mana
+10 battle command Oskill
lvl 1-2 meditation aura when equipped

Good luck getting a good roll of it!! but ill definelly sacrifice insight or purity if i ever get a good roll.

with a good roll a healer is available to use a wep like redemeer and hammerdins ironward i believe, and this items is not OP at all... imagine a -30 all stat roll with +50 energy= +20 energy.... but u add to this a bad luck -276 mana xD bummer -10 res and -290 life OMG

Last edited by Wolfs on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Since suggesting is the fashion...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:11 am 

Wolfs wrote:
How about something for a savage healer:

"healer disguise"
ring
requires lvl89

- 200-300 to life
- 200-300 to mana
+ 50-100 energy
+ 33 replenish life
+ 44-66% regenerate mana
- 15-30 all stats
- 10 all res
2-10% damage taken goes to mana
+10 battle command Oskill
lvl 1-2 meditation aura whe equipped

Good luck getting a good roll of it!! but ill definelly sacrifice insight or purity if i ever get a good roll.

with a good roll a healer is available to use a wep like redemeer and hammerdins ironward i believe, and this items is not OP at all... imagine a -30 all stat roll with +50 energy= +20 energy.... but u add to this a bad luck -276 mana xD bummer -10 res and -290 life OMG

jeje... feel free to troll or comment or w/e... i dont care about you anyway =P (forum full of trolls nowadays)

Im not sure how its a good thing to add mana but lose life. the +10 to comand would be beast for prebuffs though = ) thats sweet action!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:13 am 

OP. Adds no value to the game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:35 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
OP. Adds no value to the game.

nah... it would be an alternative to purity and insight. and its not OP even if u get best roll wich is almost impossible since the variability is pretty huge.

i have a healer/smiter-tank and i find insight a bad wep for boss fights... and purity>dscale(or ward) for tanking.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:01 am 
Game Server Host

i would still rather use 3 prayer/holy bolt hoto and purity for a massive +16 to prayer (with a perf purity) from 2 items.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:18 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
i would still rather use 3 prayer/holy bolt hoto and purity for a massive +16 to prayer (with a perf purity) from 2 items.

i still prefer dscale over purity... so hoto+dscale combo is actually not viable for me =( or bered gris caddy + dscale for bossfights neither.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:41 am 
Game Server Host

even without dscale I can stand infront of hell diablo etc. with prayer and medi running and not need a pot. I could switch to gris caddy ber'd to smite if i really wanted too instead of using hoto but i can just foh him to death. I have been soloing azmo and belial just using a 5.5k foh without taking any damage too. without mass skillers this wouldn't be possible though I must admit. I would maybe consider going for dscale if i wasn't trying to hit level 78 prayer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:55 am 

well bud, you kill with foh and i do it with smite; my foh cant tickle anything, but even so in the case u want a big prayer... id still prefer dscale for the next reasons:

purity:
+7 prayer
+5 hb

dscale:
+3 prayer
+6 hb

( u lose +4 prayer wich heals around 30? plus dual heal its 60 or something and maybe less)

thats with the healing skills; talking about the rest of mods we have +300 life/mana on purity and +75 all res VERSUS +30 str/vita, all sorbs +20, +50 all res.

feel free to correct me please if im wrong '-'

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:15 am 
Game Server Host

holy bolt is not great. Especialy if you are doing the tanking. Purity gives +10 to prayer, (7 possible to prayer and +3 def auras). The 30 vit translates into 120 unbuffable life on dscale, the 200 life/mana on purity gets the full buffs so it works out at around 700 life with some decent buffs. The 30 str on dscale aint needed since all your equip is pretty light. I have 20 base str on my pally and no str charms and he can use CoA with 3 uber rubies in it.

The thing is, the medi on purity has a much bigger range and mana recovery than insight. The boosted range means that people can be further away and still get dual heal (over 100 yards on prayer is plenty) When you are in a big team, its a real pain having to ain the bolts and get them on target when there are any wandering summons around. Prayer heals the entire team + summons and yourself. That means you can focus on dishing some damage out yourself and not have to worry about the other members as much.

Like I said, a 5.5k foh can take down Azmo and Belial solo without any trouble. It takes a little more time but there is no danger at all from them while you pound them both. The one you are not aiming for usualy dies first from the bolts since they do more damage (around 7k iirc).

Its all about personal preferance though. I went for a more party oriented setup that keeps the whole team more safe. If its needed I can become the tank or if its a small 2-3 man team I will hang back and use holy bolt (when there are no summons fucking it up).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:38 am 

isnt it purity +3 offensive auras?...

well i understand your point perfectly, and you are totally right. But what the ring i suggest would make is a bridge to a different setup at some kind of cost ofc... you will not have the best healing setup (theres why the name comes to "disguise") but you get the possibility to change the direction of the build... your healer can attack with foh, but i went pure defensive and only healing skills and auras besides smite, i also go with pure tank/safety gear because i dont care running near boss or start attacking him if noone is doing it or tank while heal the attacker etc.
and here is were ur point about the meditation range comes in action... i suggested lvl1-2 range because is not the idea to use the ring for screen heal, or have the best healing, just to heal the user when he is with the rambo setup or something.
If you check the ring slowly ull see that apparently doesnt gives you any benefit (thats the point)... but you can get to use it strategically and make it good on you. Also works with hammerinds i bet. (dunno if u get the idea... its some kind of cursed ring but with some use xD)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:10 am 
Game Server Host

No, i do see the use it gives. It would be pretty decent but it leaves some issues in its wake. The point is so you can have a cb setup + dscale and run fana at the same time getting the healing from the low level medi. The problem I see with that is that pretty much every pally can just max prayer then and still max attack skills. They equip that ring and bam, they are seriously powerfull. There would be the obvious problems of a kinda low level prayer (since smiters dont use much in the way of + skills or skillers and hdins are mostly + combat skills) but its still a decent amount of healing.

I'm kinda in 2 minds about it, I can see some good points and some bad points. I personally wouldn't choose it on a pure healer but I could see why some people would. I dont think it should be easy to be able to use a heavy cb setup and gain double healing power + dscale/gris caddy. It should be dscale and insight or purity and hoto/gris caddy. There should be some restrictions IMO.

Purity gives +3 def auras

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:20 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Purity gives +3 def auras

It is too bad that was changed, was a more balanced shield when it gave +offensive.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:54 am 
Game Server Host

there is already a + 3 offensive shield rw, exile. There is nothing wrong with it in my opinion, The gains on prayer are so low you really need the boost to make it worthwhile. The only reason mine kills so well is due to a deadly a3 merc + tele and convic. teleport is the most imbalanced skill in the game since tele + ranged merc = win. Theres a reason 75% of the people on top of the hc ladder are necs. They are safe and fast with tele and an a1 merc. Trangs should have the tele skill removed imo.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:04 pm 

The +3 offensive skills on Purity was designed to boost the secondary skills of the healer, not the primary skills. The primary skill set of most end game characters is already very strong with skillers in their inventory. With it being +3 defensive, it is like having an extra 3 skillers in their inventory With it being +3 offensive, it simply makes a more rounded character. That is why it was better balanced with +3 offensive. Exile is an entirely different shield, it isn't +skill based, its strength lies in other attributes, so it is comparing apples to oranges.

A core balance issue in this mod (which incidentally tends to make this game so easy for so many people) is that there is too much 1 dimensional focus. Fire items give massive boosts to fire allowing you to build very 1 dimensional characters, but there is no depth to these characters.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:13 pm 
Game Server Host

Quote:
so it is comparing apples to oranges.

Both are fruit, both have pips, both grow on tree's both have an outer skin. They are not identical but they are similar. Exile and purity are both pally only shield rw's giving them both offensive auras is abit daft IMO.

Quote:
A core balance issue in this mod (which incidentally tends to make this game so easy for so many people) is that there is too much 1 dimensional focus. Fire items give massive boosts to fire allowing you to build very 1 dimensional characters, but there is no depth to these characters.

Obviously a fire oriented build will use + fire items, I know I never used snowclash on any meteor sorc I ever made. I was under the impression that builds were supposed to focus on one main type of damage (except avengers etc.) If you let people have 2 or even 3 very strong types of damage then the point of immunitys is lost. Having people focus on one main damage type promotes group play. You dont need a group if you can kill everything yourself.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:33 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
No, i do see the use it gives. It would be pretty decent but it leaves some issues in its wake. The point is so you can have a cb setup + dscale and run fana at the same time getting the healing from the low level medi. The problem I see with that is that pretty much every pally can just max prayer then and still max attack skills. They equip that ring and bam, they are seriously powerfull. There would be the obvious problems of a kinda low level prayer (since smiters dont use much in the way of + skills or skillers and hdins are mostly + combat skills) but its still a decent amount of healing.

I'm kinda in 2 minds about it, I can see some good points and some bad points. I personally wouldn't choose it on a pure healer but I could see why some people would. I dont think it should be easy to be able to use a heavy cb setup and gain double healing power + dscale/gris caddy. It should be dscale and insight or purity and hoto/gris caddy. There should be some restrictions IMO.

It lowers your stats wichs if the drawback, its pretty difficult to get a decent roll, and even with best roll it makes you doubt about wearing it, now we will carry less skillers, melee-phys palas with maxed prayer will have what? lvl 30 prayer as much with endgame gear?? and still needs to stop using fanat to get a decent heal. Also, maybe it would reduce your stats making you having trouble to wear your own gear, and plenty of more drawbacks...

I sincerely think it would be a nice stuff for the game ^^

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Some new content
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:53 pm 

Diamond Craft ammy gives Meditation according to Blue's Community Patch site. You could feasibly roll a +2Pally or +3Defensive ammy. With +Skills on soulstones, you technically can get +14 Skills end-game from charms alone (I don't expect to ever have more than +3, which is more than I ever had this ladder). Gear also gives more skills in general, so I think you could expect a level 30 Prayer (119/2sec) with that crafted ammy without trying hard.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:13 am 

Brevan wrote:
Diamond Craft ammy gives Meditation according to Blue's Community Patch site. You could feasibly roll a +2Pally or +3Defensive ammy. With +Skills on soulstones, you technically can get +14 Skills end-game from charms alone (I don't expect to ever have more than +3, which is more than I ever had this ladder). Gear also gives more skills in general, so I think you could expect a level 30 Prayer (119/2sec) with that crafted ammy without trying hard.

Holy craft amulet gives prayer not meditation aura. Actually on the patch, just purity and insight gives meditation aura.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:42 am 

I tweaked some things with crafting. You can see the changes here: http://blue.arimyth.com/Crafting-patch.html All of the changes are listed here: http://blue.arimyth.com/patch.html.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:48 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
I tweaked some things with crafting. You can see the changes here: http://blue.arimyth.com/Crafting-patch.html All of the changes are listed here: http://blue.arimyth.com/patch.html.

I've seen these changes several times but it's bugging me... Death crafts get major %ED nerf, why? I know they get 60%(max) IAS but other crafts get ED added, +skills, extra pierce/+%ele etc.
Also diamond weapon craft outshines ruby weapon craft - They have the same %ed, LL you can get from rings/gloves while redemption aura gives you %curse reduction and insane life/mana gain. Why not give 300% ed to ruby?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:59 am 

Steel wrote:
... Death crafts get major %ED nerf, why? I know they get 60%(max) IAS but other crafts get ED added, +skills, extra pierce/+%ele etc.

IAS and deadly strike combine to make a very high Damage per second output that far outshines other crafts. The difference between a wpn with 60% IAS, 15% deadly strike and one without is very large.

Steel wrote:
Also diamond weapon craft outshines ruby weapon craft - They have the same %ed, LL you can get from rings/gloves while redemption aura gives you %curse reduction and insane life/mana gain. Why not give 300% ed to ruby?

Not sure I agree. They can also get +100 life which is a powerful attribute. Sure you get can LL else where, but having 12% life leech on the wpn itself is something useful. Both crafts seem relatively equal (I personally kinda like ruby crafts better)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:01 pm 

Topaz craft changes are interesting :) Nice job on that one!

Offline Profile