Login | Register


All times are UTC - 5 hours


It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:42 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:02 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:52 pm
Posts: 72
I was thinking that there aren't very many runeword helms and I think a Zod runeword helm would be great.

Ethereal, Invisible, Ghostly, ? (working on the name)
Zod Jah Ber

+3 to All Skills
+450%-500% Defense
+30-50 str/dex/vit/energy (30-50 each so it could be a 38/50/47/41)
+1 Teleport OSkill
Resist All 50%
10% Damage Reduced (From Ber)
20% Life (1/2 from Jah)
10% Mana (From Jah)
+30-50 Mana After Each Kill
Fade on equip
Indestructible (from Zod ofc)

I think another high end runeword that gives OSkill teleport that isn't a armor would be cool. Some builds would be able to use, ele druid, trapper, bowa, smiter, zealot, jabber or chose to use Enigma either way because it's still a good armor. But it wouldn't really be usable by summon Nec's or Hdin's end game because SM Set + Enigma is still better. Just think it would be a fun item that fills the zod runeword helm department. It's kind of like a super Kiras with teleport.


Last edited by Sugarbean on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:13 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 337
Location: BCN [ Spain ]
Yeah, so overpowered that you added NO def boost at all on that helm. Sounds crappy and imbalanced, that "kind of like a super Kiras with teleport" IMO.

How to fix it?
I'm really drunk by now, cant think properly at it, but single best solution is forsaking the idea xD




edit:
need to add something:

Sugarbean wrote:
(30-50 each so it could be a 38/50/47/51)


number 51 is not between 30 and 50.


_________________
"I am who I am. Your approval isn't needed"


Last edited by tonykantos on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:14 am 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4291
tonykantos wrote:
How to fix it?
I'm really drunk by now, cant think properly at it, but single best solution is forsaking the idea xD


LOL

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:44 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:52 pm
Posts: 72
tonykantos wrote:
Yeah, so overpowered that you added NO def boost at all on that helm. Sounds crappy and imbalanced, that "kind of like a super Kiras with teleport" IMO.

How to fix it?
I'm really drunk by now, cant think properly at it, but single best solution is forsaking the idea xD




edit:
need to add something:

Sugarbean wrote:
(30-50 each so it could be a 38/50/47/51)


number 51 is not between 30 and 50.



Okay so your two criticisms are a typo and forgetting to adding defense? Because those would be really really hard to change you know? I don't know how I could ever change those two things... I better just throw out the whole idea altogether, or maybe you could not make yourself look like an idiot by posting drunk. Problem solved.

Anyone else have something dumb to contribute?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:14 pm
Posts: 343
Location: Nevada/Arizona
Quote:
+1 Teleport OSkill


Remove Teleport from this helm and enigma and that warspear staff and we'll have a deal...

_________________
Oh dear god, why me?
This mother fucker hits hard
I'm out of cooldowns


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:10 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1627
changes:
4 socks Zod Jah Ist Ber
remove res
+15/30 stats, no str/dex/vit/ene because it would take +3 more rw bonuses
250-300% ed
remove tele and fade status and add +1 fade oskill (should be easily +50% all res and some dr% aswell)
+50mf (Ist)
20mana per kill
+20 deathknight oskill

wouldn't be too overpowered imo


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:20 pm 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:40 pm
Posts: 229
There is a reason that tele isn't on a lot of things...this is so you have to make compromises...how about another skill that could be useful?

_________________
There are only 10 types of people in this world...People who understand binary and people who don't.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:55 pm
Posts: 447
Location: Reno, NV
OSkill Whirlwind.

Needs to be on moar gear.

_________________
A Lannister always pays his debts.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:20 pm 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:52 pm
Posts: 72
LmT wrote:
Quote:
+1 Teleport OSkill


Remove Teleport from this helm and enigma and that warspear staff and we'll have a deal...


What is it about teleport that people hate so much? It's already insanely nerfed in this game being that you can't teleport through walls, over most rocks, and it takes forever to get through a doorway... Do you just want the game to be exta slow paced?

The Gothic staff OSkill teleport is a sacrificing item to use unless you keep it in your cube and then only use it when you need to teleport across a lake or through a prison gate or something. I don't see why you would want that gone.

The whole point of my suggesting this item is to have another high end runeword that has OSkill teleport. If you don't like it at least provide a valid reason why.

Steel wrote:
changes:
4 socks Zod Jah Ist Ber
remove res
+15/30 stats, no str/dex/vit/ene because it would take +3 more rw bonuses
250-300% ed
remove tele and fade status and add +1 fade oskill (should be easily +50% all res and some dr% aswell)
+50mf (Ist)
20mana per kill
+20 deathknight oskill

wouldn't be too overpowered imo


I don't mind the Ist thing that could be useful.
I don't really care about the +random stats thing just as long as it has some solid +stats on it. If it would be easier doing it your way that's cool.
The lowered % defense your suggesting might be okay, I just want it to have at least 700 defense when made in a eth elite helmet so as to have similar defense to SM Helm.
I don't want there to be a 0Skill Fade item just because people would prebuff it and then switch gear, that's too easy.
The Death Knight 0Skill is a cool idea for sure and I would like for it to be on something else, maybe a Zod runeword Shield? I'm wanting another 0Skill Teleport runeword.

Bob908 wrote:
There is a reason that tele isn't on a lot of things...this is so you have to make compromises...how about another skill that could be useful?


Teleport 0Skill is on 2 items:

Warpspear
Gothic Staff
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels (sorc already has tele)
Ignore Target's Defense (useless)
+3 to Teleport (OSKILL)
+3 to Telekinesis (OSKILL) (useless)
+3 to Energy Shield (OSKILL) (useless)
+150% Enhanced Damage (useless)
100% Chance to Cast Level 1 Teleport when Striking (extremely annoying)
100% Chance to Cast Level 1 Teleport when Struck (useless)
100% Mana Stolen per Hit (useless)
100% Life Stolen per Hit (useless)
+100 to Attack Rating (useless)

A staff in itself is compromising, much less this one.

Enigma is a great runeword. Used on... 4 Builds for the most part? Hammerdin, Elemental Druid, Summon Druid, Summon Necro.

Now lets see what these people would have to compromise to use this 0Skill Teleport helmet.

Hammerdin, Summon Necro: They couldn't use Soul Mancers set which has amazing end game set bonuses.

Summon Druid would have to give up Ravelore which has +6 to Summons and other very nice end game stats.

Elemental Druid might be able to use this over enigma without sacrificing anything.

So 1 build out of the main 4 that use enigma would have an easy time switching over to use this making it still a item that requires sacrifice to use.


Abominae wrote:
OSkill Whirlwind.

Needs to be on moar gear.


I think 0Skill Whirlwind is better suited for a weapon runeword than a helm. My personal opinion, but it would seem more balanced that way. Because then you HAVE to use the weapon to have the Whirlwind and not just be able to use Whirlwind to get out of a group of monsters with any character just because they get stuck or trapped. Makes it too easy to use as a random skill instead of a 0Skill used to make a certain build.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 am
Posts: 724
whooo my hammerdin could use a war :P


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:20 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 337
Location: BCN [ Spain ]
Sugarbean wrote:
. Problem solved.

Anyone else have something dumb to contribute?


Yep, You have Adolph Hitler's social skills >.<


_________________
"I am who I am. Your approval isn't needed"


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:12 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1627
yes, that's really dumb what you wrote... at least AH didn't drink :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:02 pm 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:52 pm
Posts: 72
tonykantos wrote:
Sugarbean wrote:
. Problem solved.

Anyone else have something dumb to contribute?


Yep, You have Adolph Hitler's social skills >.<



well at least your admitting that all of your posting contributions are dumb. If you have any actual input about the Runeword then feel free to post it or stop spamming. Two good options if you ask me.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:52 pm 

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:52 pm
Posts: 72
tonykantos wrote:
Sugarbean wrote:
. Problem solved.

Anyone else have something dumb to contribute?


Yep, You have Adolph Hitler's social skills >.<




Also, I'm guessing this is a compliment? Because millions of Germans loved and respected Hitler when he was in power. He was a great leader and I'm sure he had amazing social skills.

I don't think hating Jews has anything to do with a persons social skills.
Steel wrote:
yes, that's really dumb what you wrote... at least AH didn't drink :)


Who is AH? I'm confused.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:41 am 

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 76
AH= Adolf Hitler. The Fuehrer wasn't known (or loved by millions of Germans, and small fringe groups today) for his social skills, but rather for his eloquence and ability to inspire people to do what turned out to be the wrong thing. He really knew how to get people fired up. However, he did have the nasty habit of throwing temper tantrums when he received bad news.

It may just be a film (and an award-winning one at that), but if you want to see aspects of Hitler's personality, I suggest you watch der Untergang. The actual movie, not the youtube dubs about him losing hid xbox live account.

_________________
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

-William Ernest Henley


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:51 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 337
Location: BCN [ Spain ]
Severus wrote:
Undergang


Called here "El hundimiento". Great film. I was thinking about that film when I read Sugarbeam's reply:

"use the troops on the frooooont damn it!"

:lol:

Sugarbean, you should be more like your nickname.... sweety ^^


_________________
"I am who I am. Your approval isn't needed"


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 am 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4291
I agree that a zod rw helm would be good. However, runewords lack luster as you cant add gems to them and if you make them on par with a gem'd unique people will cry out OP.

The useless runewords should be given attack skill oskill that sorcs and necs can use to help them in melee

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:06 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2432
Severus wrote:
It may just be a film (and an award-winning one at that), but if you want to see aspects of Hitler's personality, I suggest you watch der Untergang. The actual movie, not the youtube dubs about him losing hid xbox live account.


I concur, this was an excellent movie and a wonderful display of acting from Bruno Ganz. For the english folks, the movie is referred to in the US as "Downfall"

_________________
People who live in cinder block houses can throw whatever they want.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:26 pm 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4291
blue_myriddn wrote:
Severus wrote:
It may just be a film (and an award-winning one at that), but if you want to see aspects of Hitler's personality, I suggest you watch der Untergang. The actual movie, not the youtube dubs about him losing hid xbox live account.


I concur, this was an excellent movie and a wonderful display of acting from Bruno Ganz. For the english folks, the movie is referred to in the US as "Downfall"

stay ontopic or split this stuff :roll:

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:35 pm 

Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:21 pm
Posts: 58
Major issue i see with having oskill on anything is war. Let my hammerdin get natural res, increased stamina, and iron skin and still be able to teleport. Sorry but that would be insane....


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:30 pm 

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 76
PureRage-DoD wrote:
blue_myriddn wrote:
Severus wrote:
It may just be a film (and an award-winning one at that), but if you want to see aspects of Hitler's personality, I suggest you watch der Untergang. The actual movie, not the youtube dubs about him losing hid xbox live account.


I concur, this was an excellent movie and a wonderful display of acting from Bruno Ganz. For the english folks, the movie is referred to in the US as "Downfall"

stay ontopic or split this stuff :roll:


My apologies. Won't happen again.

_________________
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

-William Ernest Henley


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Zod Runeword Helm
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:41 pm 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4291
Wasnt directed at you severus :P

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron