Login | Register


All times are UTC - 5 hours


It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:53 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:02 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Youngstown OH
the title seems a little vague so allow me to clear it up: what i am sugesting is that there be unique carry1 only charms that give attack skills. I.E. sacrifice, zeal, jab, fend,impale, double swing(dual claw sins), vengeance, leap attack, and whirlwind. as i said unique and carry1 only, and for good measure make them grand charms. Also make them the normal lvl requirements the skills normally have.

this idea came about because i've been thinking on melee necs and the like, and how if you did make one they arent all that playable till higher lvls, so thats kind of a drag.

some may not agree some may, either way what do you think?

_________________
there is no sig


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:07 pm 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
I like it. Keeping them a +1 (certain skill only) would be good. They should be dropped by azmo and belial in norm at maybe a 1/6 chance

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:55 pm
Posts: 447
Location: Reno, NV
I like it. No idea about any sort of balancing issues, but I like it. Opens up a lot of cool possibilities.

+1 Multishot please.

_________________
A Lannister always pays his debts.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:09 pm 

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:09 am
Posts: 734
im down for this idea as well. of course balance issues will be at play here, but i think we could get around it.

i think keeping it to only attack skills is a good idea as well, and heres why i think so:

- warcries, auras, curses, passives, other buffs would be overpowered (aka, lower resist or conviction on a sorc; oak sage or shifting on a barb; amp on a smiter, etc etc).

- caster skills would be impossible to balance. lets face it, it would be cool to see builds specializing in oskills. however, sorcs gain the advantage of passive masteries to boost damage with the lack of synergies, while other classes gain none.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:02 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Youngstown OH
which is why i only suggested attack skills, oh i guess you could add magic arrow, multshot, guided arrow, and strife those dont get too broken cross class.

_________________
there is no sig


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:16 pm 

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:09 am
Posts: 734
i wouldnt think there is a problem with any skill that bases its damage on the weapon damage.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 337
Location: BCN [ Spain ]
You could even do a real ranger din with GA or multishot with no gravepalms!

+1 to this idea, if its possible to do that kind of charms.

=====

If the idea rolls on, I also suggest to add clay golem as possible oskill. Many chars would take profit from having that bonus slow tank, more if you wear an item that grants you "golem mastery oskill ", like metalgrid.


_________________
"I am who I am. Your approval isn't needed"


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:40 am 
Game Server Host
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 4292
tonykantos wrote:
You could even do a real ranger din with GA or multishot with no gravepalms!

+1 to this idea, if its possible to do that kind of charms.

=====

If the idea rolls on, I also suggest to add clay golem as possible oskill. Many chars would take profit from having that bonus slow tank, more if you wear an item that grants you "golem mastery oskill ", like metalgrid.



It is possible. Clay golem would not be one I would like to see. It makes a massive impact on boss fights. anyway, that would remove the need for those clay golem charges amulets...

_________________
Bron wrote:
There's no cure for being a cunt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:05 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:53 am
Posts: 212
I think it should be a large charm.

(Sense there is no unique large charm)

Also would really like HolyShield 0 skill!

_________________
ISO - 6-6 Poison offering Jah, PnB Gc offering Jah, Pcombat Gc offering Ber, Warcry Gc offering Ber, Defensive Gc offering Sur, Elemental Gc offering Sur.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:19 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2432
HolyGhost wrote:
Also would really like HolyShield 0 skill!


We'd all like breakfast in bed from Swedish models, but that ain't gonna happen either.

_________________
People who live in cinder block houses can throw whatever they want.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:22 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:55 pm
Posts: 447
Location: Reno, NV
blue_myriddn wrote:
HolyGhost wrote:
Also would really like HolyShield 0 skill!


We'd all like breakfast in bed from Swedish models, but that ain't gonna happen either.


A man can dream Blue.
A man can dream.

_________________
A Lannister always pays his debts.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1627
Charge/zeal/jab for all, pls. +1


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:39 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:53 am
Posts: 212
blue_myriddn wrote:
HolyGhost wrote:
Also would really like HolyShield 0 skill!


We'd all like breakfast in bed from Swedish models, but that ain't gonna happen either.


this is why martin luther king died... he had a dream! = p

_________________
ISO - 6-6 Poison offering Jah, PnB Gc offering Jah, Pcombat Gc offering Ber, Warcry Gc offering Ber, Defensive Gc offering Sur, Elemental Gc offering Sur.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:03 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:02 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Youngstown OH
i only suggested weapon based attack skills because its very hard for those to be broken cross class, also holy shield crashes the game when used on anyone but the pally.

_________________
there is no sig


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:11 am 

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:53 am
Posts: 212
SolBadguy wrote:
, also holy shield crashes the game when used on anyone but the pally.



This sounds terribly lame : (

_________________
ISO - 6-6 Poison offering Jah, PnB Gc offering Jah, Pcombat Gc offering Ber, Warcry Gc offering Ber, Defensive Gc offering Sur, Elemental Gc offering Sur.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:47 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:20 pm
Posts: 384
Location: Central America - Honduras - S.P.S.
SolBadguy wrote:
the title seems a little vague so allow me to clear it up: what i am sugesting is that there be unique carry1 only charms that give attack skills. I.E. sacrifice, zeal, jab, fend,impale, double swing(dual claw sins), vengeance, leap attack, and whirlwind. as i said unique and carry1 only, and for good measure make them grand charms. Also make them the normal lvl requirements the skills normally have.

this idea came about because i've been thinking on melee necs and the like, and how if you did make one they arent all that playable till higher lvls, so thats kind of a drag.

some may not agree some may, either way what do you think?


I made a suggestion similar to this long long time ago xD but was kind of different.

More like, an extra ubber boss that drops a "useless item" (or 1% chance to drop it from LoS necro) that is only needed for a cube recipe (like cow parts) and used on the following recipe:

"X-part" + 1 of each rune in game + 1of each ubber gem + the 3 cowking gifts + the 3 sammy gifts + all the hearts + all the soulshards

And what u get is a kind or prizm to put in a socket item with the following mods:

+3 all skills
+30 all stats
+1 RANDOM aura(when equiped)/curse(oskill)
+30 all resistances
+ shiny glow from old bnet IK-set

and what happens here?.. if u see a motherfucker shining, ull know that biatch is one of da best gamerz evar!!


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:34 am 

Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:19 pm
Posts: 619
Location: Reno NV
I'd rather see the majority of useless uniques, sets, and RWs get some more oskill love than a boring ass charm.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 am
Posts: 724
Wolfs wrote:
SolBadguy wrote:
the title seems a little vague so allow me to clear it up: what i am sugesting is that there be unique carry1 only charms that give attack skills. I.E. sacrifice, zeal, jab, fend,impale, double swing(dual claw sins), vengeance, leap attack, and whirlwind. as i said unique and carry1 only, and for good measure make them grand charms. Also make them the normal lvl requirements the skills normally have.

this idea came about because i've been thinking on melee necs and the like, and how if you did make one they arent all that playable till higher lvls, so thats kind of a drag.

some may not agree some may, either way what do you think?


I made a suggestion similar to this long long time ago xD but was kind of different.

More like, an extra ubber boss that drops a "useless item" (or 1% chance to drop it from LoS necro) that is only needed for a cube recipe (like cow parts) and used on the following recipe:

"X-part" + 1 of each rune in game + 1of each ubber gem + the 3 cowking gifts + the 3 sammy gifts + all the hearts + all the soulshards

And what u get is a kind or prizm to put in a socket item with the following mods:

+3 all skills
+30 all stats
+1 RANDOM aura(when equiped)/curse(oskill)
+30 all resistances
+ shiny glow from old bnet IK-set

and what happens here?.. if u see a motherfucker shining, ull know that biatch is one of da best gamerz evar!!



all are easily attainable currently....


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:38 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:02 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Youngstown OH
Wolfs wrote:
I made a suggestion similar to this long long time ago xD but was kind of different.

More like, an extra ubber boss that drops a "useless item" (or 1% chance to drop it from LoS necro) that is only needed for a cube recipe (like cow parts) and used on the following recipe:

"X-part" + 1 of each rune in game + 1of each ubber gem + the 3 cowking gifts + the 3 sammy gifts + all the hearts + all the soulshards

And what u get is a kind or prizm to put in a socket item with the following mods:

+3 all skills
+30 all stats
+1 RANDOM aura(when equiped)/curse(oskill)
+30 all resistances
+ shiny glow from old bnet IK-set

and what happens here?.. if u see a motherfucker shining, ull know that biatch is one of da best gamerz evar!!


...... it irks me to no end as a modder myself when people make utterly ridiculous suggestions like these.

the item itself can be made(despite being utterly broken), the method of conceiving said items is strictly impossible:

reason why: cube can only have 7 inputs in a cube recipe, your so-called cube recipe calls for 40+ inputs....

i hold no delusions that what i asked for would take some time to conceive having to go through unique items txt., patch string tbl., misc txt., treasureclass txt. people really underestimate how much work it takes to do these kinds of things

_________________
there is no sig


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron