Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

Post subject: A few tweaks I'd like to see.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:18 pm 

These have nothing really to do with damage on skills, but rather some of the skill timers.

I've tried making an enchantress that actually did melee. I started to add to Enchant and what I saw wasn't pretty: +5 seconds per level.

I understand that having too long of a duration can be abusive at times but perhaps have the timer run two ways: normal time for party members and a longer duration on self and any minions he/she has.

I've tested Prayer and all seems well, but I don't know the exact duration where "Heals +" takes effect. Every 2 seconds (50 frames)?

Shock Web has a pretty nasty nextdelay of 25, which means it damages once per second. You gotta keep your enemy inside the shockweb a whole second if you want him to get hurt again. Perhaps cut the nextdelay (and damage) in half? Example: If skill does 1-50 per second, make it deal 1-25 half a second? (You'd be getting 2-50, but what diff is one point? :P)

1. There was rumors that Inferno had a nextdelay of 2 which practically cuts damage in half. Same for Arctic Blast. Is this true? Or is it simply wrong math?

2. Was this fixed in this mod? I want to play dragon :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: A few tweaks I'd like to see.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:43 pm 

im fine with your proposed enchant changes as long as its as you say: keep the duration for others the way it is. dunno if this can be coded as such though.

i dont think the shock web changes you proposed would get any real support if im right that it causes counters. if it does, you are looking at twice the amount of hits and therefore twice the amount of counters for the same killing speed.

i think prayer "pulses" about every .8 seconds or so. Need confirmation on that number.

inferno and arctic do about 1/3rd its listed damage because of the reasons you say.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:54 pm 

muleofal wrote:
i think prayer "pulses" about every .8 seconds or so. Need confirmation on that number.
Nope, NewBastige was right at one pulse per 2 seconds, same as every other aura (state-auras like fanat get applied only upon the first pulse after they've been selected). The pulse timer can be modified though, so perhaps you're recalling a different mod.

As for Dragons, the "fix" implemented in HU was to increase the damage of the skills until people at the time agreed that 1/3 of the listed damage was reasonable. I've got a lvl 90 sorc doing about "50k-101k" inferno, and I agree that it seems to be killing at about 15k-30k dps. It seems fine to me for a level 6 fully synergized skill. It's nice in that it kills everthing in a line, but it's horrible that you have to stand still for it. It works well with Blaze though, which is your primary killer (FWall is nearly useless).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:23 am 
Game Server Host

inferno's real power comes in the tight dungeon areas, maggot lair especialy. in open areas its use is rather limited though

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:25 am 

Brevan wrote:
Nope, NewBastige was right at one pulse per 2 seconds, same as every other aura (state-auras like fanat get applied only upon the first pulse after they've been selected). The pulse timer can be modified though, so perhaps you're recalling a different mod. - thats probably what i did. i know i saw .8 seconds somewhere else on prayer.

As for Dragons, the "fix" implemented in HU was to increase the damage of the skills until people at the time agreed that 1/3 of the listed damage was reasonable. I've got a lvl 90 sorc doing about "50k-101k" inferno, and I agree that it seems to be killing at about 15k-30k dps. It seems fine to me for a level 6 fully synergized skill. It's nice in that it kills everthing in a line, but it's horrible that you have to stand still for it. It works well with Blaze though, which is your primary killer (FWall is nearly useless).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:38 am 

Aha. So that was how everything worked out. Maybe I should give one a try when I have the time. ;) Especially blazer... "Run into my flames. I dare you!" :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:13 am 

muleofal: 0.8 seconds.. you probably referring to Eastern Sun? Most AoE auras in ES seem to "pulse" with that duration.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:29 am 

probably ES, considering i played a very hefty amount of it.

Offline Profile