Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:35 pm

Post subject: Best Boss Killer?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:04 pm 

I know HU's made to be a MMO.

But is there any char who can make Boss Runs alone?
Who can run for items..?
Cuz when in Party, you don't have a big Chance to take all the Drops, or anyway the one you need...

Thanks ;]

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Best Boss Killer?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:18 pm 

just about any over-leveled character can do it.

Getting someone who can run bosses when they are at the appropriate level for the boss though is challenging. My rabies druid (despite everyone claiming that rabies sucked) was pretty good at killing non-psn immunes with his hit/run ability, high life, and summons.

Psn necros have similar attributes.

It is slow though. A strong melee with lots of CB does it tons faster.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:46 pm 

don't forget about hammerdins with some juvs they can solo at the level of the boss

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:58 pm 

Poizons make bosses pretty trivial too, but require very little high-level gear. Getting some +3 gear (hats, ammy, etc) just takes some money around level 45. "Peace" is a reasonable armor for this build at a very low cost and level (31 or 35 I think). I usually don't need to drink pots when doing bosses.

Poizons can get past just about all trash using "Shadow" dagger for Cloak of Shadows, so bosses are easy to get to.

Once you're at the boss, just plant a decoy from across the screen, toss some Plague Javs, and 1 LightningBolt jav (to get the heal timer going). Rince and repeat every 3-8 seconds until done. Around end NM, my Poizon needed about 4-10 javs per boss. There's other gear you can use to improve things, but whatever.

I'd recommend an A3 P&Bone merc. Their damage is pretty crappy, but with BoneArmor and their ranged attack, they're fairly durable. They're also the only source of -PoisRes aura in the game. As long I plant a Decoy closer to the boss than the merc is standing, I find the merc survives just fine, so can even help break an immunity in some cases (when combine with LRes wand or CoShadows on switch).

Particularly easy bosses to run: Leoric, Dragons, Hatestorm, just about anything not pois immune.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:17 pm 

Sesshomaru wrote:
don't forget about hammerdins with some juvs they can solo at the level of the boss

Depends on how good you are at aiming the hammers. Seems to work best if you get really close to the boss and blast out the hammers - otherwise getting them in your path is a real bugger. Standing on the bosses toes has its problems though when it comes to survivability unless you are overleveled for the boss.

For that reason, I wouldn't say that hammerdins don't make good boss killers until your hammerdin is pretty strong. Noobadin - my hammerdin - did ok throught the game with pretty twinked gear, but had a hard time. Now that he is lvl90ish with full Soulmancers he can rip stuff up pretty well though. I went back and knocked down NM Mephisto and just used a couple juvs to keep my merc from kickin the bucket.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:10 pm 
Game Server Host

A smiter with cta on switch and something with a ctc amp can take down most bosses alone. If you use an a1 merc you can clear the way down to them in no time too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:07 am 

OK,so I've almost created my Choise spopping at - Smiter.
But I got a few Qestions:
1) I heard Fanaticism doesn't affect Smiteres IAS, is that true?
2) If not so what's my Skill Build?
3) Life Tap always Helps Smiters (Meles at All) So I'll need Draculus and Exile..?
4) What you thing would be the best gear for this Char?

Thanks ;]

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:22 am 

NightHell wrote:
1) I heard Fanaticism doesn't affect Smiteres IAS, is that true?

No, fana affect smite ias.
Check this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=909

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:29 pm 
Game Server Host

amp is more important than tap. for bosses you need a phys resistance reducing curse so crushing blow will work to a decent effect.

1 point smite is all you need. If you max smite and the synergies the damage will be high and Iron Maiden will hurt. You want to go all out crushing blow and keep your damage down.

Skill IAS is all that will effect smite so fana and BoS.

Build is pretty much, 1 in every aura. max fanat, max holy shield then whatever you want really.

Your main focus is reducing and or avoiding incoming damage. Damage reduce% equip is key along with absorbs and max block. use your inv space for life charms (all 20 life sc's preferably).

I usualy go for 20 str and 10 dex base with a smiter and the rest into vita, blood caft rings and other equip will give you enough str for main equip.

Weapon is anything with crushing blow.
Armour is war or other damage reducing armour (levi/shaft)
paladin shields (orphans set shield with full set works great too.
gores or goblin toes.
blood craft gloves.
etc. etc

Full orphans is a great set to use and lasted me from level 60 right up till hell ancients. The combination of really easy max block crushing blow and a nice life boost makes it a real winner

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:56 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
amp is more important than tap. for bosses you need a phys resistance reducing curse so crushing blow will work to a decent effect.

1 point smite is all you need. If you max smite and the synergies the damage will be high and Iron Maiden will hurt. You want to go all out crushing blow and keep your damage down.

Skill IAS is all that will effect smite so fana and BoS.

Build is pretty much, 1 in every aura. max fanat, max holy shield then whatever you want really.

Your main focus is reducing and or avoiding incoming damage. Damage reduce% equip is key along with absorbs and max block. use your inv space for life charms (all 20 life sc's preferably).

I usualy go for 20 str and 10 dex base with a smiter and the rest into vita, blood caft rings and other equip will give you enough str for main equip.

Weapon is anything with crushing blow.
Armour is war or other damage reducing armour (levi/shaft)
paladin shields (orphans set shield with full set works great too.
gores or goblin toes.
blood craft gloves.
etc. etc

Full orphans is a great set to use and lasted me from level 60 right up till hell ancients. The combination of really easy max block crushing blow and a nice life boost makes it a real winner

im dont hurt that bad with smite maxed IMO seeing how i get it all time. And another thing i though cb only worked till boss was around 1/2 life or so, or mabey i was misstaken. YOU KNOW ME BEING A NEWB

I only have 15% cb on my din and wouldn't change a thing to get any more. With no buffs i have 11k life max block max dr and zero staff he has 130k def. why would i drop say my mancers boots which gibs me max block to get 5% more cb from any boots? I just dont see the whole big thing abought cb. You can get max cb but if you cant stand there and tank all the cb in the game wont help. (well it wont help us hc players guess dying would not be too big a prob on sc)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:27 am 
Game Server Host

I'll take hell baal as an example since I have already ran those numbers before.
this was before the lower player spawn but lower spawn meand a higher % taken by cb. his life with the 3 player spawn was around 6 mill
If you have someone with a nec lower his phys res right down, the first crushing blow will deal around 200,000. its acually more like 180,000 but 200 is an easier number to work with, you get the idea though.
a crushing blow once he is at 50% health will still take 100,000 life from him.
at 25% life remaining a crushing blow will still remove 50k damage
at 1/8th life remaining a crushing blow will deal 25k damage,

at that late stage you are dealing around your listed smite damage and the fight is pretty much over. The faster you can deliver those blows and the more often it occurs the faster the boss dies.

My venger only had a 3k smite, That let him continue smiting right through IM while delivering multiple very high damage hits without having th damage reflected back at me. Thus lowering risk (for hc) and speeding up the process

with 15%cb you land a crushing blow once in between 6 and 7 attacks.
with 20% crushing blow you deal a crushing blow 1 out of every 5 smites. with 25% its 1 in 4
30% is one in 3-4
40% 1 in 2.5
50% 1 in 2

just 10% more crushing blow will drop your boss killing time down by 25%
15% more cb and you half the time needed to kill a boss.

Numbers taken from here

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:06 am 

So much math so little school lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:22 am 
Game Server Host

lol pretty much :mrgreen:

Offline Profile