Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:33 am

Post subject: MartialSin vs. Council = No Go?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:55 pm 

Apparently, I have gotten struck by Iron Maiden for the first time. It's not pretty. My Assassin, lv. 41, got past the first two Council members in the front half of the area. But once she gets to the rear, BAM! She gets struck with the curse. Now, her claw damage is pretty weak, but she currently has lv.20 Fists of Fire (along with +2 skills) and I believe +7 Phoenix Strike. To cover for the fire resistance she is lacking somehow, I slapped a Hawkmail on her. Now, I am planning to take it off of her and considering using some other armor for the fight.

Question is, did I reach a stop here?
(She has 11 points in claw mastery, which MIGHT be the problem, but it's for the sake of hitting with FoF..)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: MartialSin vs. Council = No Go?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:40 pm 
Game Server Host

you want to split the 2 council members at the top so they are at seperate sides. Then you can just take out the magic immune one. Im guessing you are doing a meteorsin? I have one of those and i never ever use FoF for a few reasons.
1: you have to charge up 3 times
2: the damage is pretty weak compared to meteor
3: time spent charging is time spent not dealing full damage.

Switch to phoenix strike and your finisher of choice, (one on left click and one on right) then alternate your clicks between left and right. That should let you drop a meteor every second attack. The damage really stacks up alot. For this to work right you will want to drop your physical damage as low as you can. switch to the level 20 unique claws with rubys in them so IM wont affect you much. Once you get them low down they will start to run, best bet here is to use dtail as a finisher and pin them to a wall with it. As a last resort start using FoF if they keep running out of your meteor patches.

I have a meteorsin who i took right into a5 hell on hc and this is how she would do the council. just remember to switch to very low damage claws for that fight

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:17 am 

Okay. Problem is I have trouble keeping the first charge of Phoenix Strike as the one I want to release and I mistakenly hit two times (which of course would release chaos lightning). I never thought of that; I will try it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:50 pm 

Well, tried your suggestion and it appears I got stuck again at Voidfinger and Dragonhand. The thing is, neither one followed me. I tried to lay down meteors, but unfortunately, they only get hit, but run away from the resulting patch of fire.

Then I tried again using the lv.20 claw and I couldn't even get past Sparky. Maybe it's just a snafu on my behalf in the configuration (I didn't have FoF on).

Like they all say, it ain' gonna be easy. I have 1k life. Maybe I should've devoted less to str/dex and more to vit?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:01 pm 
Game Server Host

you can cut down the incoming damage alot with just a few pieces of equip

Use sigons armour and boots, that will give you a decent kick damage and an extra 10% life leech.
deaths gloves and belt for the res and leech.
If you can gather a perf topaz then try crafting a helm for some added fire skill damage and extra fire damage on strike.
Put diamonds (flawless or better) in your helm and armour. That will pretty much negate the elemental damages you are taking.

If you have a spare skill point put 1 in tiger strike. If not, get a level somehow and put one in it.

now charge up tiger strike and use dragon tail to kill the ones who run. They use a casters AI iirc so its harder to keep them in one place. If they start to run use dragon flight to stay on top of them and keep using your tiger strike and dragon tail to finish them off. Having the added life leech and the massive damage you get from just 1 point in those 2 skills will be more than enough to keep your life up.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:55 am 

If I could tweak as necessary! I might have to re-roll as I haven't anything in the dragon moves. I have forgotten Dragon Flight does magic damage in HU. x.x

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:31 am 

Here's how I did this. I managed to seperate the two. And as far as the one casting Iron Maiden on me? I changed to NO WEAPON. That's right. I used my own fists to pound up and release the charges, and if I got hurt enough from his attacks, I had healing pots to use.

Once he was out of the way, I went for the final one and quickly dispatched him.

It was the one before him, however, that dropped the Flail. I could've just gotten that and ran, but I figured, I might as well finish the job!

In that run, I got three normal gems, a Mended Heart and a Triple Socket, as well as four pieces of the Sigon's set.. as well as whetever I could haul out of there (If it wasn't a ring or amulet or if such was crap I'd sell it off anyway, unless the mods were interesting!)

P.S. I was using Iratha's set at the time of beating the Council.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:21 am 
Game Server Host

congrats!

Hand to hand all the way baby! Thats a pretty badass move, fists of fire for sure. How did your attack speed suffer with no weapon?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:31 pm 

I had around lv.6 BoS in effect so I probably lost about 1-2fps without weapon, but to cover my ass I had a shield on the alt-switch when I did this.

Offline Profile