Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:14 pm

Post subject: Act 3 Meph Solo Help
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:52 am 

I have a zealer in normal and I'm stuck at Meph. This is my first character with this mod so im not really sure the best way to kill meph. Literally everything so far has fallen with ease, but I can seem to defeat meph. Any suggestions or ideas would be very helpful!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Act 3 Meph Solo Help
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:12 am 
Game Server Host

get some MDR and a curse to lower his physical resistance. A weapon with CtC amp or decrep will be easy to gamble or make.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:12 am 

Thats the way I always used to beat single player Mephisto with melee until I went to multiplayer.

-Amulet with ctc amp on striking ( :D )
If you cant get that amu, use a wand with amp charges , that will almost double your life leach, so your surviving odds . and go etlich's eye amulet.
-Crafted rings w/ ll. If you cant afford that, get 2 x cathans.
-Death gloves + belt combo for 10% ll and cannot be frozen
-Sigons helm + armor for another 10% ll and 6 spare sox.
I always was lvl 45-47 on solo edition when beating meph, so 6 x perfect diamonds were the best choice for MDR and DR .
-Boots: Goblin Toe for the 5% cb. Always useful vs bosses.

Weapon and shield at your choice. Try to get as max resist as possible via charms, so you can get a shield oriented to dmg. ( 4.ex: a pally specific crafted shield, socketed with dmg jewels ) If you even need resist, put another bunch of diamonds on shield.

Greetings ♥

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:23 am 

All you need is a life tap wand and a zealer can survive almost ANYTHING even IM. As long as you cant be frozen.
I found this to be 1st effective against 1 of the counsel members before Meph who IM cursed alot, I tried out a Life tap wand on weapon switch and I was effectively able to life leach through the IM damage I caused on myself AND my hireling that he did on himself.

With 20 charges of level 1 lifetap I never needed a potion for me or my hireling until I ran out of charges even while IM cursed.

As long as you have deaths belt and gloves you shouldn't have much issue with Meph using a life tap wand on the switch.

I am running a Zealer with Fant aura and Might A2 hireling and a Life tap wand on the switch with cannot be frozen belt and seem pretty easly to mop the floor so far.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:09 pm 

You need way more amplify damage than lifetap on earlier lvls, because you get enough life leach from equipment, and in solo edition normal difficulty, enemies have almost no drain efectiveness penalties

Trust me, go on amp.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:00 pm 

tonykantos wrote:
You need way more amplify damage than lifetap on earlier lvls, because you get enough life leach from equipment, and in solo edition normal difficulty, enemies have almost no drain efectiveness penalties

Trust me, go on amp.

Amp damage will do nothing for you if you get IM cursed on a zeal pally.

Life tap removes some of the life leach penalty from mobs so not only does it allow you to get a % life off of all types of damage you are doing physical AND elemental but it also makes whatever life leech you already have even better not counting what it adds on its own.

I was amazed how my fant zealer could leech through IM with it and so could my hireling.

Will you be able to kill stuff faster? No, but with high leech already, and fast attack and defense and block you will be able to leech through anything, even with IM on you, with a high physical damage build.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:50 pm 

No you don't leech with elemental damage, no matter how much you use life tap. And tap is nerfed here, just giving a few % ll. Where amp would multiply your existing ll.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:05 pm 
Game Server Host

you can get enough leech from equip to be able to leech through IM in norm easily. IM has been nerfed very hard here

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:08 pm 

Rob42 wrote:

Life tap bla bla bla empty content speech

Meph on solo edition ( single player ) does not cast IM enough to kill ya. And Im pretty sure he doesnt cast it at all. Fail.

and:

PureRage-DoD wrote:
you can get enough leech from equip to be able to leech through IM in norm easily. IM has been nerfed very hard here

this

---

And with your BIG fail about leeching from elemental dmg, it seems you rly dont know the game features at all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:12 pm 

tonykantos wrote:
Rob42 wrote:

Meph on solo edition ( single player ) does not cast IM enough to kill ya. And Im pretty sure he doesn't cast it at all. Fail.

I never said that so you did fail. L2R

and:

PureRage-DoD wrote:

this

Thats not always the case even with 20% life leach IM will rape a Fant zealer with a Might Hireling. So now you fail again.

---

And with your BIG fail about leeching from elemental dmg, it seems you rly dont know the game features at all.

I assumed incorrectly about the elemental leech, tool tip on life tap doesn't specifically say physical, evidently I was dead wrong.

I play a zealer on single player, IM will still rape you even on normal depending on how much physical you output, which is why I use life tap in all situations rather than just Amp sometimes, even on Meph Because it not only keeps me up without potions but my hireling too so I can keep his aura.

how is it you fail, at calling someone out for failing /boggle

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:52 pm 
Game Server Host

oh, i wasn't aware you had played here for the last 5 years and knew more about the strength of IM than myself and most of the others do. No matter how much damage you output in norm, with enough leech you can leech through it. It is irrelevant how much damage you are doing since you will be leeching the same %...

I think anything over 50% leech in normal will negate IM. 100% is about the mark for NM and hell you will need alot more, its not even worth trying in hell though. I cant wait to see your "OMG PLZ HALP" thread once you hit hell and are still using tap when Amp is waaaay more important.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:32 am 

Yes, Rob, you are right, in all, yes. And its true that using red colour gives you more presence. Ofc.

Rage, just let him enjoy his own fantasy :lol:

''''''''''

And, by the way, I checked : Meph on solo edition does not cast IM on normal, and if he does, didnt cast it in a 10 minutes fight with an avenger pal + a1 merc.
So, why the heck you began to talk about that curse constantly? Why are u still trying to defend you need more lifetap than amp ?
Did you check that alrdy? No, right? Your HU knowledge is so vast that u dont need to do that.

Learn.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:35 am 

Guys are a little harsh.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:38 pm 
Game Server Host

This was the harsh post IMO. The guy has no idea what he is talking about, and has made misleading posts multiple times.
Rob42 wrote:
tonykantos wrote:
Rob42 wrote:

Meph on solo edition ( single player ) does not cast IM enough to kill ya. And Im pretty sure he doesn't cast it at all. Fail.

I never said that so you did fail. L2R

and:

PureRage-DoD wrote:

this

Thats not always the case even with 20% life leach IM will rape a Fant zealer with a Might Hireling. So now you fail again.

---

I assumed incorrectly about the elemental leech, tool tip on life tap doesn't specifically say physical, evidently I was dead wrong.

I play a zealer on single player, IM will still rape you even on normal depending on how much physical you output, which is why I use life tap in all situations rather than just Amp sometimes, even on Meph Because it not only keeps me up without potions but my hireling too so I can keep his aura.

how is it you fail, at calling someone out for failing /boggle

@Rob. 20% leech is not enough to get through IM curse. Thats why I said, "With enough leech". you can get 20% from 4 items (gloves, belt, boots and armour) not including +12% from rings and an extra +7% from the amulet slot. Then theres leech from weapons, extra leech from blood craft helms etc. You can easily get over 50% and leech through IM. Even if you are doing 20k damage a hit as long as you have over 50% leech (roughly, would have to check the exact amount) you will take no damage from IM.

Offline Profile