Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 am

Post subject: Re: Skill Hidden Bonuses
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:21 pm 

Let's say SkillY gives SkillX 10% extra damage per level via synergy.

If you're carrying an item with charges of level 30 SkillY, then that item will give SkillX a +300% EDmg bonus, but only if your character does not already have points in skillY. If your item gave a level 30 SkillY oSkill, then SkillX does not get any synergy bonus.

Back around HU v1.12 the CarrionRing had charges of (I think) level 30 PoisonCreeper, which was a synergy for Rabies. So as long as a Druid didn't put a point into PCreeper, they could just wear that ring and buff their rabies as if they had placed 30 points into PCreeper.

Although this is a bug in v1.10 D2:LoD, I personally think it's a pretty sweet feature, since it allows synergized oSkills (just be super careful about the level of the charges, and which items have them, and maybe place functions in skills.txt that limit synergy bonuses to level 20). For example, if Telekinesis makes EnergyShield more efficient (less mana lost per damage) then you could make a paladin-only shield with a single charge of level 20 TK and then a level 1 EnergyShield oSkill (or charges if you want). If the Paladin uses that single charge of TK, then they no longer gain the synergy bonus until they repair it. Perhaps a FoH Pally running a high-level Meditation would really like that shield.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:50 pm 

Oh wow, that's great to know, something I should've known already because I just love to make unconventional builds where I get to be creative on the combinations of cross class skills and their synergies

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:41 pm 

Telekinesis still a hidden bonus to Energy shield? I only put a few points into Telekinesis but havn't see any change in Eshield yet.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:24 pm 

In HUv2.1, EShield has no synergies. The amount of MP lost per damage (the thing Telekinesis used to help out with, the skill description shows it as "Mana Drain") starts out at 50/16 and goes down to 12/16. Every hard point reduces that fraction by 2/16, and every soft point reduces by 1/16. With just 1 hard point, you'd need +36 Skills to lose 3MP every 4 damage, After 19 hard points you reach the cap without +Skills.

A lot of the information in the original post of this topic is for HUv1.2 I think. I think most of it isn't accurate after about HUv1.3.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:00 pm 

That sucks. Wasted some skill points :( Guess I'm going telekinesis as a secondary lol

Offline Profile