Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 am

Post subject: whats cap on replenish life
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:39 pm 

I have been messing around with it for a few days, in hc i managed to make a barb with 2.5k replenish but he does about as well with 1.5k so im wondering if its capped?

Any info would be appreciated. :D

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: whats cap on replenish life
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:37 am 

curious too about this , i read that its different from what type of char you make. is there any info about replenish life tables for hu ?

i found this on google but thats for the old diablo 2 , not Hu

Actual Formula:
25(Amount of Life Replenish) / 256 = Life Healed/Second

Example of the Formula:
25(5) / 256 = 0.49 (Actual Calculated Number: 0.48828125)

II. The Reason for Replenish Life:

Most people commonly can not decide on whether to get the life replenish, or to ignore it completely. If people then choose to achieve and obtain certain amounts of life replenish, then they must decide whether they want to remain GM(Cap of 40 Life Replenish, the amount can be changed for specific tourneys.) or to be full on BM and have insanely high life replenish. So, is it really worth it?

Assassin: Highly beneficial and completely worth the life replenish bonus. This type of character can strive off of the life rep, usually used in BM amounts, coupled with high claw block. Again, you can still thrive off of the GM standard of 40 Replenish Life. You will have mass life with an assassin (depending on the build) and thus making your Life Replenish slowly. In addition that is why people usually use the BM amounts of Replenish Life.

Amazon: Severely lacking, and in some cases, devastating to the build in general. However, having some amounts life replenish can make the enemy vary wary of your play style. The most common set-up for life replenish on an amazon would be the 'Glass Cannon'. This zon can thrive off of the life replenish because they rarely get above 2k-3k life, and usually will remain in the GM amounts (Usually obtaining roughly 30 - 40).

Barbarian: Insanely useless. The barbarian is the type of class that just runs up to you, and slaps you upside down. These characters are played so offensively, in fact, that life rep is never needed. Barbarians are heavy hitters, and take large(Counting the huge life boost from Battle Orders) amounts of damage that they never really have the chance to use the life replenish effectively.

Druid: I'm going to go with a 'no' on this one. Strictly to the fact that, shape shifters are usually packing 10k-12k Life. How the hell is having 40 life replenish going to heal enough for it to matter? Now, you have the all mighty 'Wind Druid' who uses wolves and bears to protect him, a long with a cyclone armor. That's going to come down to case of 'can I actually get enough life rep?'. If you can't without sacrificing other needed pieces of your build, I'd advise you go with a no.

Necromancer: These guys are so focused on achieving 4k life that they don't really have the building styles to get life replenish effectively without sacrificing to much in return. I'd go with a 'no' or, use whatever is on the items. You can always use 9 Replenish Life on your Fcr Rings.

Sorceress: Weather you are Es or Vita or Mb you will want to have at least 10 ~ 40 Rep Life. Especially if you are Es you may hit anywhere from 1.8 - 3k Life You have low life and 40 Rep Life can help. I will have to go with a 'yes' for this character class. You will want to use a 10 Fcr / 24 Fhr / Life Rep Belt with 2x Life Rep rings (Best options) along with Life Rep Jewels in your Weapons / Circlet.

Paladin: Paladins, weather you are Zealer, FoH, V/t, T/v Hammerdin, Charger, or whatever else, you will usually have high life, exceeding well over 3.5k Life. Some replenish life wouldn't hurt here but it isn't necessary it wouldn't really help that much in duels. You can have high amounts of life and still have the GM cap (40 Life Rep) and it will heal 3.91 Life Replenish/Second if you were to take a Cs hit from a Barbarian and you loose 1.5k health on that one hit, it will take over 6 minutes and 20 seconds before you have full life again, that is extremely long duel. I will have to give this class a 'up to you' Personal preference: 'No'

III. The Replenish Life Table:

05 Life Replenish - 0.49 Life Replenish/Second
10 Life Replenish - 0.98 Life Replenish/Second
15 Life Replenish - 1.46 Life Replenish/Second
20 Life Replenish - 1.95 Life Replenish/Second
25 Life Replenish - 2.44 Life Replenish/Second
30 Life Replenish - 2.93 Life Replenish/Second
35 Life Replenish - 3.42 Life Replenish/Second
40 Life Replenish - 3.91 Life Replenish/Second
45 Life Replenish - 4.39 Life Replenish/Second
50 Life Replenish - 4.88 Life Replenish/Second
55 Life Replenish - 5.37 Life Replenish/Second
60 Life Replenish - 5.86 Life Replenish/Second
65 Life Replenish - 6.35 Life Replenish/Second
70 Life Replenish - 6.84 Life Replenish/Second
75 Life Replenish - 7.32 Life Replenish/Second
80 Life Replenish - 7.81 Life Replenish/Second
85 Life Replenish - 8.30 Life Replenish/Second
90 Life Replenish - 8.79 Life Replenish/Second
95 Life Replenish - 9.28 Life Replenish/Second

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:22 am 

Wouldn't this (in the case of items at least) be controlled in itemstatcost?
In that case it would be 2^savebits - (save add +1), or
2^10 - (100+1) = 923.

This should not effect monster values, and I think that skills.txt would probably override this (prayer)?

PS we should delete all the values in the 1.09 save bits/add columns.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:39 am 

my barb currently has 17xx with two rings of 880 repl each. the table only goes to 90?

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:41 pm 

Just divide your total by 10 (or just move the decimal one spot), and it is almost correct (25/256) ~ 0.1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:13 pm 

kramuti wrote:
Wouldn't this (in the case of items at least) be controlled in itemstatcost?
In that case it would be ... 923.
I experimented with ReplenishLive quite a bit in my version of HU.

In my tests, I would spawn an item with 10 times the Replenish cap, and found that the items really did replenish silly-fast (even though the displayed mod was at the cap), but if my character left the game with that item and then entered again, the item would only replenish at the cap. As far as I can tell, itemstatcost only affects things when items are saved by leaving a game. I do not remember testing a case where multiple mods push ReplenishLife above the cap, I'm not sure what would happen.

With that in mind, here are some things I noticed:
1) Gems and Runes are not saved (Runeword mods are saved, but not the mods from Gems in them), so you can give them whatever ReplenishLife mods you wants. I guess these are respawned every time you make a game.
2) Skills are not affected by the limits in itemstatcost.txt. In my version of HU, the Replenish cap is still 33, but I let WereWolf and WereBear replenish about 5% of the character's max life every second (i.e. ReplenishLife around 10 times the cap). In practice this just lets them kite bosses a bit better and starts fights with max life. It's a nice way of preserving the mythology of a werebeast's regeneration.
3) The ReplenishLife mod is capped per item, not per character.
4) The character screen displays (I think these were enabled by D2NewStats.dll) for ReplenishLife don't appear to consider the ReplenishLife granted by skills, but perhaps I didn't implement it correctly.

Pappy wrote:
I have ... a barb with 2.5k replenish but he does about as well with 1.5k
Since the change from 1.5k to 2.5k is +66%, you should definitely see a difference, but maybe your testing setup is the problem? If your 2.5k is spread across several items (not one item that has several ReplenishLife mods, because the item is capped at 923), then consider this test:
1) Remove ReplenishLife gear.
2) Get hit for about 2500 life.
3) Suit up with 2.5k ReplenishLife gear (250 HP/sec) and count how long it takes to regen (counting to 10 isn't as important as counting at a consistent rate).
4) Remove ReplenishLife gear.
5) Get hit for about 2500 life.
6) Suit up with 1.5k ReplenishLife gear (150 HP/sec) and count how long it takes to regen (count at the same rate as before).
7) The number you reached in step 6 should be about 66% larger than in step 3 (i.e. 10 at step 3 , 17 at step 6; or if you count fast then 20 at step 3 and 33 at step 6). If this isn't the case, then interesting things are afoot so let people know.

Offline Profile