Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

Post subject: Paladin Build help
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:34 pm 

Played a pali a long time ago... ended out going zealdin.

With the new patch and character reworks I have absolutely no idea how to build a pali, especially to take on into hell difficulty.

Any help anyone can offer is appreciated.

I will be running with my buddies playing a barb and bowzon.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Paladin Build help
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:45 am 

I'd tentatively recommend vengeance since the other two are physical and you have no ele damage to deal with immunes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:55 pm 

Holy (cold/fire/light) auras also benefit from increased attack speed on Fanaticism. Note that this will end with the current patch the way it looks atm...but have fun for now!

Also, not all bowazons are phys. Firezons can be perdy dern good all around.

As far as a build...pick 4-5 skills and max them.
Which 4-5 depends a lot on what you want out of the build, and what items you have/want.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:46 pm 

hes looking for a useful build though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:22 am 

you could make a full support / zeal
get all the auras or
could look something like this
20 fana / 20 defiance / 5-20 pts holy shield / 20 pts conviction , rest into zeal/sacrifice and 1 pt vigor/redemp/res auras.

but as kramuti writes , pick 4-5 skills , most builds are usefull , depends a bit on the player ^^ have a nice day

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:31 am 

Hammerdin damage is too low, it's ability to stay alive on bosses is non-existent.

Zealot clears trash slow as fuck, can't stay up on a lot of bosses.(only sins can)

If a zealot can't stay up on bosses, a vengeance sure can't, but hey it clears trash faster. Same goes for any ele aura build.

Only useful paladin is a healer, and by useful I mean completely game breakingly good. Find a trusty old assassin, infinitely tank just about anything in the game. Party getting slammed with those 500/sec curses? Heal auras cover it. They can run a variety of useful things, fanat/conc to aid physical damage, conviction to aid elemental damage, or just max the resist auras and bomb your team with 20+ sorbs. Can't really do anything by yourself though, not beyond snailpace anyways.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:18 pm 

I have made 2 zealots this patch and they both did really well. They tanked and killed everything besides Diablo. Don't listen to qqers just play what you enjoy everything can be good if you are.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:52 am 

Nothing tanks Diablo O.O except vit barb my Sin got dumpstered even with healer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:42 am 

Still stuck at diablo :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:25 am 

Keep in mind his zealot was only capable of staying up on bosses when he was 95+ and had friends pooling him items.

He was not staying up on andy/dur/meph in the playthrough without a healer, I guarantee it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:37 pm 

Angel wrote:
Keep in mind his zealot was only capable of staying up on bosses when he was 95+ and had friends pooling him items.

He was not staying up on andy/dur/meph in the playthrough without a healer, I guarantee it.

wtf u talking about? unless its a full energy pala with 5/5/5 str vit dex using blinkbat, rixotkeen, unmbraldisk, etc junk, pala can tank any boss with regular-average gearing, paladin its atm the most balanced character, going from decent-verygood all the way to a5 hell to insane-stupidultrarapeness at 95+lvl.

Any paladin can tank with proper gear and some HS even if he is not built for tank on his skill tree, now, if you dont know that max-stacked res, 20+ sorb, some dr and def also helps, thats your problem then. Its the same for barb, any barb can tank with gear, no matter what skills he maxed or if he didnt max any. (not to mention sin/zon wich needs serious nerf)

actually, if you have a healer healing your pala-tank, this maybe is the most easy mod on history of HU.

Take in consideration that the lack of commitment to your char makes you tank like a pussy, often happens to me, but if you take some time to work your gear then all goes fine, i have my cube full on each slot with switch gear for every different situation, i dont mean to say i was a pro-tank lower levels, but if id took 20 mins to gear up i wouldve been one, you should take your time to gather gear, like sorb rings sorb shields, casual armor and tank armor etc, can do it at any point of the game and will work like a charm, pala is a beast right now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:43 am 

Wall of words that won't sway my opinion. Watched a zod runeword weapon tyraels struggle on hell duriel with my healer. Watched it die and do nothing on baal. But hey, 95+ zealots can sit there and perma tank andy as long as a healer is there.

But if you'd like to prove me wrong, I'll hop on my healer and heal stream any paladin on bosses. I'd love to see them tank things I know they can't, I'll even stream it.

Offline Profile