Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

Post subject: Energy Shield
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:19 am 

In the description Energy Shield has synergy with Energy Shield.

What does that exactly mean?

I don't need to put points in Telekinesis to get 0.75?

a bit confusing that's all

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Energy Shield
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:30 am 

Yes you put points into ES now instead of TK to get the damage reduction. And I believe it's now .50 instead of .75 (buffed in 1.41 patch by PureRage I think)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:20 am 

Thanks for clarifying mate

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:13 pm 

Al is right

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:54 am 

ES is pretty decent, but there are a lot of flaws with it this patch.

Running a 4k/10k split basically burns your damage because you have to run sapps over facets. As a result things die slower, so it sort of pans out equal.

The biggest issue is chargers will still 1 hit you through your block and blood curse is multiplied a lot in intensity and power due to the lower health pool and min/maxed str values since you're pumping energy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:56 am 

I'm currently playing an ES sorc on HC. She's level 73.

I don't find really any problems with ES at all. It's actually better than in most patches. Old ES was too strong (prior to 1.4) because this mod was a lot easier and there was access to things like big oak/bo.

There are some things that this build struggles with, but every build has its issues. The blood mana curse is brutal early on, but I've found that having 3-4 skulls in my armor or helm handles it well enough to counteract. There is also SoB from a wisp or metalgrid (a near must for any ES sorc -> gets rid of the blood curse, poison - 2 of an ES sorcs biggest issues).

I'm already at 4k life/10k mana and I have zero rubies or sapphires in my gear. 2 MS skulls right now (the rest are empty sockets - just recently changed gear). I'll probably be slotting a couple sapphires and/or a couple more skulls for now, but I don't see a problem with getting facets when I get to level 85+. It's definitely doable to slot facets. Probably not all facets, but that's the tradeoff with ES - you gain tankiness and trade off a bit of damage.

In terms of chargers, if you are a sorc and are getting hit by chargers, it's your fault. That's just poor playing. You're a ranged cannon going against slow moving melee monsters. You also have a mercenary at your disposal.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:26 am 

I'm a little curious on how you've managed 10k mana without sapps. Assuming max block and bare minimum strength for gear, our sorc was sitting around 4k life 4k mana.

In general, watching and playing both an ES build and a Vita build the vita build is much stronger. Since the biggest threats this time around is blood curse(which SOB doesn't help, since it's constantly proccing it until they're dead, only after they're dead do you actually strip any decent chunch of damage), and 1 hit units like iron golems/chargers. Sure, you can play safe, but eventually they'll get you. On softcore anyways, where a death isn't as drastic as hardcore.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:07 pm 

My sorc has max mana from:

Frostburns
2x SOJs
crafted weapon
crafted boots

Since I play HC, I'm more prone to gearing for staying alive rather than dishing out the extra bit of damage. However, being a cold sorc allows me to use frostburns without suffering (7 pierce, while not the best, works well in conjunction with the mana boosts). In addition, I could use waterwalks as boots for the extra 7 pierce but my boots give me plr, 40% maximum mana, and str/dext. A sorc will hit over 100 pierce usually anyways even without perfect gear, so I'm not missing the extra 7 from waterwalks.

I don't have maximum block but can achieve it if i slot two or 3 emeralds in gear. I got lucky with a str and dext per level, 3cold skills amulet. Add in a couple of emeralds in helm or armor and add on a decent block shield and I'm probably at 75% block. Since I've maxed FA, my defense stat is pretty high. I have to have a playstyle of not getting hit by melee at all, just casting things at range. So I never really stat for max block, the stat points in energy go a much longer way than energy from a sapphire becauase the flat mana gains beenfits from %maximum mana when energy does not.

So my stat points are very heavily invested in energy (about 85-90% of all my stat points go there, the rest into str just enough for gear - i probably have maybe 40-50 base). Throw in several mana gcs, and about the 150-160% maximum mana from above, and I'm around 10k mana.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:35 am 

possible to post some stats as you go further with it? just curious. :) have a nice day.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:28 am 

Kannli wrote:
possible to post some stats as you go further with it? just curious. :) have a nice day.

So polite!

Yea I can definitely do this in the future. She hasn't moved from act 3 nightmare, been focusing on the thrower in hell. I can post some stuff by end of weekend.

Offline Profile