Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:11 am

Post subject: Sorc stats?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:27 pm 

Using a blizz sorc she is lvl 29 atm. wondering for exact stats. im planning to use 20 warmth to fulfill the 100 skill mark and easy mana regeneration, without using so many mana potions (mostly so i can kill bosses if friends aren't around and im soloin it)

(20 blizz, 20 warmth, 20 glacial spike, 20 ice bolt)

don't know for stats so far to go for i still have 120 stats to use. i would believe for base strength to be newhere around 50-80. not sure if i would need max block ? might be going to thirst for knowledge (if i could ever get the runes for em) so dex not sure if i should even go for that. life and mana seems difficulty should i get lots of energy for es? or should i just go full blown vitality? energy shield yes/no?

Same problem for my friend. He is making a meteor/fireball sorceress and he is planning to do 20 warmth also. He is not so sure. his skills so far is going for 20 fireball, 20 meteor, 20 fire bolt. these are mostly fun/farm chars but don't want to mess them up.

please help out :) would be greatly appreciated

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Sorc stats?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:35 pm 

Any other form Fire Sorc is not good to be ES/Or you lose a lot of DMG
So you just go to all on Vita..

And your friend can make a Mana Sorc..If he's a Fire Sorc..Fire Sorc's are always good for ES...

pS:And if I were you I woldn't put 20 points in Warmth before I've maxed all the desired skills... ;]

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:44 pm 

I believe you said that energy shield is bad for fire sorc? but fire sorc is good with energy shield im sorry i don't understand man ha.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:16 pm 

neone else have ne ideas? still not to sure about what to do for my main stats as the blizz sorc. thanks for the help tho nighthell i think i get some ideas you said for mana sorc for my friend :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:11 pm 

Warmth is a one-point wonder unless you're going full blast energy sorc. No real reason to max it, and Meteor is an 80 point build anyway.

I don't understand why either of your Sorc builds don't show maxing Cold or Fire mastery. Blizzard is also an 80 point build, and there's too much of a reason to max Warmth.

Blizzard should goes at followed:
Max Blizzard
Max Glacial Spike
Max Ice Bolt
Max Cold Mastery
1 pt Warmth, Tele, TK, & Frozen Armor
Rest into whatever (Warmth, Frozen Armor, TK, Enchant)

Meteor is a bit of the same:
Max Meteor
Max Fireball
Max Firebolt
Max Fire Mastery
1 pt Warmth, Tele, TK, Frozen Armor, & Enchant
Rest into whatever (Warmth, Frozen Armor, TK, Enchant)

Energy Shield is a specific build, and works pretty crappy outside of lightning sorcs. The reason being, a maxed Telekinesis is vital to making Energy Shield not suck. If you want to dump the rest of your points into TK, and use Energy Shield when physical monsters are a big threat (IE: Chargers) you can do that. But good luck standing up against any sort of elemental attack without a Energy based build.

As far as stat points go, Dex isn't needed for either Sorc, if you want to block amethysts in shield and emeralds are your friend. And base energy is fine. You can go 10-15 in the beginning if you find yourself lacking mana to an extremity. Strength is your choice really. It depends on how many str charms and amethysts you're using in your gear. I assume you're playing on SC, and anywhere from 10-50 strength will be fine. I normally use 10-15 base str on all casters. Rest, obviously into vitality.

Also, if you're interested in full-blooded energy shield sorc, the build is something as followed:

Max Charged Bolt
Max Telekinesis
Max Energy Shield
Max Lightning Mastery
1 pt Warmth, Frozen Armor
Rest into either Warmth for added mana recovery or Chain Lightning for additional Charged Bolt damage.

Stats are similar to to any other sorc as far as dex and str go. I'd probably put 10-25 base points into Vitality, and the rest into energy. Get an Insight Merc, and you're pretty golden. It's a fun, strong build. TK is a strong single target attack for bosses, while Charged Bolt is pretty well against trash and Energy Shield allows you to get into monsters faces to use Charged Bolt to it's best effect. Don't use Charged Bolt on a boss though, it pretty much means instant dead due to counters.

Hope giant post helps.

Edit: You're most likely better off using Death's Fathom for both Blizzard and Meteor sorcs. The convictions range on Thirst for Knowledge isn't very good, and as a sorc you'll want to stay back and spam from a distance. For SC it should be fine though I guess.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:00 pm 

Many thanks :) i appreciate your giant post. Helped alot.

Offline Profile