Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

Post subject: Vengance Build
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:55 am 

Well I'm still quite new to the mod, in Vanilla Vengance Pals are not very used, but I wanna make one hire.

So wold you please tell me what my Skills has to be?
Also what are best items for this build?Thanks a lot ;] :roll:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Vengance Build
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:07 am 

The best way to play this build is as a duo with a high dmg sorc. Next bet would at least be a strong physical character who can tank since your -enemy defense will allow them to easily hit bosses and deliver crushing blow.

The way I would do skills are:

20 Holy Fire
20 Conviction
20 Vengeance
20 Holy Shield
1 pt conversion
1 pt redemption
1 pt cleansing
Rest in Holy Freeze/Holy Shock.

Even though that will give you less dmg overall, dmg isn't the big issue with this build, staying alive is and I wish I had put more points in to Holy Shield to help that out.

I have a lightning merc and his dmg far outpaces mine anyways because it gets spread around, that is why I suggest maxing out Conviction even though it doesn't give as good a synergy boost. With 1pt in conversion, you can convert a few tanks and then let your merc tear things up. Its even better though if you party with someone. I did most of the game with a fire merc and the big role for me was to keep the boss in her flames, so I had to gear like a tank most of the time - which was challenging without leech. I would sometimes switch over to zeal just to stay alive.

Things got great for me when I was able to put together a Beast runeword. Sped up my attack and gave me a big life boost.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Vengance Build
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:50 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
...I suggest maxing out Conviction even though it doesn't give as good a synergy boost...
Don't forget that the 16% synergy from conviction is applied to all 3 elements, so you could compare it as 48% synergy relative to HFire's 24%. Also consider that you'd be use Conviction to lower their res. With lowered res, the benefit from Conviction sort of gets multiplied in twice. This makes Conviction probably the very first skill to be maxed (along with HShield). After that, pump Vengeace for 12*3 or 36% bonus to damage. If you want to exclusively kill with Vengeance, then this is about the most efficient way to place your points.

However, another perfectly fine way to start the build would be to max HFire first, and play your char as a Ranger (exploding arrows) until you've been able to place enough points into HShield and Conviction to change your fighting strategy.

The best items for this build should be the same as any other phys-melee. Get a really big stick with lots of speed. Get lots of defence and block, and gets lots of absorbs. If you mainly play your characters at level 95+ (i.e. you rush until then) then any of the higher gear will satisfy all of those requirements. If you play yours chars before high levels, then select gear based on the qualities I mentioned. 4-Diamond Saphire crafted armor is a great choice that you can do from level 14 onwards (craft a lvl 1 armor using a lvl 1 char for a lvl 14-24 craft).

Offline Profile