Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:14 am

Post subject: Soloing Diablo and minions as melee
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:48 pm 

Wanted to ask opinions about what the best melee class is for soloing Diablo and his minions. I've got an 80th level zealer, went cookie cutter build, and he's really good. Solo'd nm Mephisto and also solo'd NM Bridge all the way to Molock. The other two bosses were simple. Actually, Mollock was too. I was beating Molock down to 1/10 and even less life when the bastard pulls out IM on me. I was frustrated, but kept at it several times and just couldn't pull through on account of the IM. It's very frustrating to know that the only way I lost was to IM, his poison wasn't doing anything. So yeah, the IM problem. It's almost as if Iron Maiden is the real boss, and I have to figure out how to beat him.

I built this character to see if it were possible to solo Baal + Minions, which I guess is another topic of strategy. But my question is, how do I defeat IM? Also, what is the absolute best melee class for soloing Baal + Minions, (I mean real melee, not a poison necro.) Is there even a melee class that can? If any HC characters, or anyone knows this please respond.

Lorek bear

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Soloing Diablo and minions as melee
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:51 pm 
Game Server Host

use 1 point smite, crushing blow equip and something with a ctc amp

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:47 pm 

Barb conc/zerk works well if played minimally wise. Use conc vs all, change to zerk vs phys resist/under IM effects.

Maxing BO and INC STA... and you must to be really dumbass to get killed by any AI foe. MayB u can be ownd by lagg , though ;P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:28 pm 

Seconded with zerk on Barb. Even one pt in zerk and the rest in whatever. Basically nullifies dealing with IM, just have to be careful and switch between ww/conc and zerk. Soloed nm darkness easily (amp wand).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:43 pm 

What is your setup? Do you need to rely on high leech to stay alive when facing Moloch? If not, then ya smite will rock on.

I am going to assume though that you have a very high dmg that gives you a decent leech back and without that you wouldn't be able to stand toe to toe with Moloch long enough to deliver your dmg. Another middle line might be to reduce your dmg output a little bit to keep from the big IM hits. Or switching to Sacrifice so that you have a little more control over when your attacks start/stop.

Will be happy to party up and give it a whirl with you since my Hammerdin needs to finish off Diablo.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:54 pm 

Wow, lots of insight guys, Pure Rage Dod, I almost had him with smite and amp, thanks! Still, it was as if my belt just always needed one or two more rows of rejuvs. I still didn't defeat him, because Cb just didn' seem to wear him down fast enough, before I was worn down by his poison. But that plan worked better than any. Even went zeal/cleanse, as not to speed up my zeal attack with fanaticism in case he IM's, that plan failed. The point is, I'm level 82 now, so I'm just going to wait for Hell difficulty before I solo him again.

Once again, thanks for the insight, learned a lot,

Offline Profile