Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:17 pm

Post subject: Barb help (Gear/skills)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:04 pm 

Was thinking about making a barb.

What is better ww or Frenzy?

And what are the skills I should max for either?

And as to gear:

I am not going to go with IK (as a full set I may uses pieces if they do well). ( Unless its much better I guess?

What type of weapon? and shield or no if 1 handed?

Was thinking
Dhorn
Rends
Tyreals? (Dunno tbh)
Boots?
Rings?
Amulet?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Barb help (Gear/skills)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 pm 

if u make a mace barb id go with ik for awhile or pretty well any other barb. its a good set with good bonuses. Yes Dhorn tyerals rends metal grid an nice blood craft or two rings gore riders wsg are a beastly set up but gonna be expenisve to get unless ur just the king of random beastly drops. W/w works fine for Big items ( polearm axe maces ) frenzy is good for the weaker ones
( some of the swords throw ) its all in the style u want with it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:21 pm 

HolyGhost wrote:
if u make a mace barb id go with ik for awhile or pretty well any other barb. its a good set with good bonuses. Yes Dhorn tyerals rends metal grid an nice blood craft or two rings gore riders wsg are a beastly set up but gonna be expenisve to get unless ur just the king of random beastly drops. W/w works fine for Big items ( polearm axe maces ) frenzy is good for the weaker ones
( some of the swords throw ) its all in the style u want with it.

I have rends already and I dont want my zealer anymore which I will take stuff off/trade off liek hoz/dscale etc so price isnt a problem.

Just need to know what setup is better than ik

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:09 am 

Your goal for starting a barb if you dont have access to top gear is full IK. With full IK and glittering suns on switch you can mf the shit out of any zone untill you get the goods to trade for stuff.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:21 am 

Do ww barb. Can solo most areas. I can play mine blindfolded on the Frozen Tundra in hell and still not take damage. Can solo many hell bosses (most if you buy an amp damage wand). Great party helper too.

20 BO
20 Increased Stamina
20 WW
20 whatever mastery you choose
1 pt wonders

The rest of your points are debatable, if you get to level 99, you have 20 pts left, so max one more skill. I did Bash (synergy for ww) for max damage. I have seen people do either Shout or Iron Skin as well. Depends on if you want damage or defense.

I like mace barb, lots of good weapons, and IK set is actually quite good and cheap. Get full IK (for you, it seems, it shouldnt be hard), then work on getting better gear. Metalgrid is a must and skill rings or bk rings. Tyreals is worth it. Use IK boots forever. Use either IK hat and dracs/bloodcraft gloves or Demonhorn and Steelrends to make sure you can leech a lot. IK hat also has 3 sockets and lots of MF on it. WSG belt.

Endgame mace is eth rare thundermaul, 511% ed. Socket with zod, uber purples, ed jewels and ed/ias jewels (however you want to do it). My barb does 50k max damage ww with an eth rare thundermaul.

On switch/stash you should have: amp wand, glittering suns (with ists or lems, I use one of each), absolute zero, and a wisp ring if you want (3 useful spirits).

Merc should be an a5 wolf endgame. All other mercs I have tried die too much because I tend to run right to the middle of packs and ww away. You might want a1 phys merc early with amp.

Sword barbs, I have been told, are terrible. Barbs have a horrible block chance so dont use shield. Polearm barb might be fun, check critter for good weapons to use if you want to go that route.

Lemme know if you have any questions. Acct: *jsh

Offline Profile