Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:19 am

Post subject: [Solo] Fury druid VS Ancients
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:48 pm 

Can anyone tell me what gear should I have to be able to kill Ancients. I have a lvl 60 fury druid. Fury and Feral are maxed. I use HoW.

Now I have Goldskin armor soketed with Starstone diamond and Steeldriver maul soketed with starstone amethyst.

Any of ancients hitting me almost dead :shock: ... Dunno what to do... Please advice.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: [Solo] Fury druid VS Ancients
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:30 pm 

Sorry but i think you have no chance should have maxed Oak sage damage is never a problem especially in solo. With your gear your weapon needs to be faster>stronger the Hwanin's Justice with 4X amethyst would greatly improve your damage. Put on as much % damage reduce as you can. Shaftstop and a Rockstopper if you have them. Don't worry so much about res dr is much more important. An Amp source is extremely helpful also, not only for the damage but the extra damage makes your ll much more helpful as well. Lastly just farm ALOT of juvs full inventory should do. I beat Hell on solo with a fury druid so listen to what I say.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:41 am 

Well... Guess I will restart my druid :)). Thanx for the answer, E-baby. I really waited I would answer me ;), as I know you have your fury druid on solo (due to your previous posts ;) ). If you don't mind I will ask you additional questions on Fury when I have some :).

Thanx again! :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:20 am 

One more question.

Which merc would be the best for fury druid?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:26 am 
Game Server Host

you can do it with HoW np. I have a HoW fury druid into hell on HC so it is possible. Main things are you need to act like a paladin equip wise (reducing/negating damage). Your main goal is reducing incoming damage and using the defence bonus of HoW to full effect aswell. Make sure you switch to walk before you start the fight. When you run your def is 0.

First things first, make a lawbringer if you can to use for level 16 decrep. Put it on switch and curse them all as soon as you can to lower the dmage incoming. Get dr% equip, as much as you can. String of ears is good for this as well as life leech. rockfleece armour for another 10%. you dont have to worry about losing resistance except fire for this fight, dr% is the best bet. Load up on lifeleech as much as you can. Fill your inv with any life charms you can.

For the fight itself, get a full belt of rejuvs and an extra 12-14 to be safe. Drop the extras on the floor so you can pick up as needed. Use rubys in your armour/helm since diamonds damage reduce wont make much of an effect against the big single hits. Before you start, summon everything you have (wolves/grizzly/vines) to provide targets while you focus on one at a time. When you start the fight walk right up to the leap attack one on the right and focus on him first. Decrep with lawbringer ASAP and dont move away from the leaper or he will use leap attack. If you stand toe to toe with him he wont leap and take a massive chunk of life. Once he is dead it is pretty smooth sailing. Go for the WW'er next (make sure you are still walking and not running) and finaly the thrower. If you focus on the leaper first he wont take big chunks of life every few secs.

good luck and let us know how it goes

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:24 pm 

I used act 1 physical. They are great trash killers and you wont have to give them the crappy gear you don't want like an act 2 or 5 merc. Also you can equip them with a ton of % slower equip. With your merc having 50% slower and you having decrep bosses will be so slow. I actually soloed nm ancients just with my merc and the staff that gives os teleport was pretty funny.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:32 pm 

Well, thanx for the answers. The main clue here was: how to use dr% :). Never paid attention on it :oops:

I did ancients with my current druid (with HoW). I used Rockfleece armor socketed with ss ruby and Mountain Range socketed with two ss rubies and ss diamond. Thats all...

I did the tactics PureRage-DoD told me about and killed all ancients. Only 9 rejuvs I needed to kill them :lol:

I will try to make Oak Sage druid tomorrow to see if he does ancients easier ;)

Thanx to PureRage-DoD and E-Baby 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:50 am 

I bet you can do it with HoW but oak, I think, is way better. You will find damage is not an issue but living is. Iron Maiden is problem enough with out HOW and with Oak. Anyway glad to see you got past it!

Offline Profile