Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

Post subject: Lightning trapsin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:32 am 

Hi, I'm relatively new to HU and I currently have a lvl50 lightning trap sin who just killed normal diablo, and I would like some older players' advices.

For her skills, I am maxing the lightning sentry (done), charged bolt sentry (nearly done), and shockweb (half done), but after that, where do i spend the skill points in? I currently have 1 points into all the shadow skill tree and 1 point into dragon strike, dragon talon, and dragon claw, and I am planning to get 20 death sentry after maxing lightning traps.

And where do I put stats? I am currently focusing on vit, but how much str/dex is required for trapsin gear?

And what merc is the best for trapsin? I am currently using A2 prayer merc with insight.

also, what items should I aim for with the trapsin? I managed to get +10 all skills by lvl50 using normal-difficulty items (all my items except boots have +1 to all skill or assassin skill). Talking about +skills, what is the minimum +skills recommended for hell soloing/mfing as a light trapsin?

and, would she be able to do well in hell difficulty? (like solo mf-running, etc?) and how would I be able to counter lightning immunes? Should I go fire-trap after maxing lightning traps? (i currently have lvl1 lower resist wand, but it fails to break immunes on some normal difficulty bosses)

and finally, do the +lightning damage% (eg: from ort rune in weapon), and -enemy lightning resist (eg: from topaz in weapon) work with my lightning and charged bolt sentries? b/c I am currently using dual claws with perfect topazes in them for -enemy light resist, but i am not sure it works here. I think it doesn't work in regular D2, but I searched the forum here and I read that the -enemy resist works with traps on HU. So I would like some confirmation on this. Which one is better: +lightning damage (eg: ort rune) or -enemy resist (eg: topaz)?

Thanks,

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Lightning trapsin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:47 am 

I can't comment on where to put skills, but my brother has a trapsin and it blows through most of hell rather easily and even can take down bosses by itself. I believe the merc he has is an act 2 merc that wears dream helm that cuts down the lightning resist on enemies (lvl 20 holy shock). He does not have infinity on him yet I don't think. I didn't believe the holy shock helped until I saw it in action against a boss that was lightning resist and he broke it with his merc and the boss didn't stand a chance against us after that. So, it does work very well and trash falls very very fast.

And from the experience, it appears that +/- items do work with the trapsin. We can't be for sure on that, but it appears too. Again though, testing hasn't really been done, but I believe there is a thread here somewhere that states that it does help.

Either later today or sometime this weekend I can let you know what he wears as far as gear. It is high level gear, but maybe he'll drop by on here or maybe I'll talk to him and let you know what he used up to his lvl 95+ gear.

Start collecting Topaz's :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:08 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9

its stickied above... states under the assassin section that traps do gain the -res of the assassin (it used to not work in vanilla i believe due to the traps acting like minions)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:47 pm 
Game Server Host

they still act like minions but they get the casters -res cloned at the time of casting

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:32 pm 

Here is the gear my bro is using:

Enigma, Griffons, Duel Shadow Killers, hellmouth glvoes, mancer belt and boots, +3 trap ammy, rings are +1 assasin w/ lightning damage % increase, 6 trap skillers

Damage:

Shock Web: 23k
Lightning Sentry 23k

Hope this helps a little.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:10 pm 

As for points to finish your build, after your traps (80 pts including Death Sentry) I'd max either Fade for additional %DR or just dump them into Shadow Master for a stronger tank.

With good gear, Fade will reach at least lvl 35-40 which will put you very close to the max %DR without taking into consideration any gear, which is nice.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:36 am 

I dnt play assins but i do have a 40 life trap gc ft. Iso other skillers or something of interest.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:25 pm 

Thanks for all the info guys! :)

I'm still in A5 normal, waiting for a group to take on baal. Can't wait till I get better gears in NM.

Offline Profile