Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

Post subject: Phoenix Sin build questions
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:48 pm 

I decided to make a Blade of Ice sin recently, and use Dragon Tail for additional elemental damage.

After reaching level 59 and having maxed Blade of Ice and Phoenix, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a better idea to forget about maxing a finishing move and instead max another charge skill (Fist of Fire or Claws of Thunder) to further boost phoenix.

I accidentally discovered +skill damage doesn't affect phoenix for some reason, although I guess thats common knowledge (Never really made one before)

So far my choices are Fist of Fire for more single/short area damage, or Claws of Thunder for better aoe clear, although Chaos Ice bolts do a pretty good job at that currently, or just max Dragon Tail.
Even with minimal damage from lack of synergies, meteors are basically what I've been using for boss killing so far.

Suggestions? I'll have enough skill points to instantly max any of the skills by the time I reach 67(Or before, if I get the skill quests done in nm)

General consensus about phoenix sins from what I've seen is to not use blade of Ice at all, but I just felt like it and it works great. All the damage is in the first charge which is nice for bosses and single target damage.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Sin build questions
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:38 pm 

Riem821 wrote:
I accidentally discovered +skill damage doesn't affect phoenix for some reason, although I guess thats common knowledge (Never really made one before)
It's a pretty uncommon build, so hopefully you'll find lots of new ways to enjoy it. I did a check of Pheonix's missiles, and they do benefit from +%Mastery. Unfortunately the skill description doesn't include this (It's an easy fix, I'll make a note in a suggestions thread). I'd like to say that FoFire, CoThunder, and BoIce don't benefit from +%Mastery, since that is the way it looks in Missiles.txt, but I suppose testing should be done since Assassins have plenty of hard-coded oddities. Another thing worth testing is FoFire's flames DPS, which is probably doing 50% more damage than described (either that or it's an oddly unique flames DPS skill).

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Sin build questions
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:20 am 

I did brief shitty testing and found that a 100% fire skill damage weapon increased the initial meteor impact by about double the damage.

Offline Profile