Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:36 am

Post subject: Psn necro gear questions
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:30 pm 

Ok well I planned on using.

Dweb wand
Enigma armor
Darkforge shield (dunno how hard these are to get though)

Now should I use soulmancers set for rest or like

magefist
boots idk?
Belt arach?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Psn necro gear questions
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:53 pm 

thirtytwo wrote:

Dweb wand
Enigma armor

magefist
boots idk?
Belt arach?

i find trangs to be perfectly fine for necro gear. the set gives a ton of skills and damage, 25% dr, its easy on stat points, 50fcr set bonus + 30fcr gloves +20fcr shield set bonus = 100 (add dweb's 50 fcr and you already hit the last breakpoint). Then it has tele already, a ton of sockets for things like ber runes, emeralds (for block), sockets in the shield for res/sorb/dr/block. the set also gives max life, some good res. its definitely something thats worth looking at, especially considering it probably offers the highest amount of skills and damage along with tele. i dont think theres any real combination of items that goes along with enigma and can outdamage trangs. my necro took out juggernaut solo in hell with an empty trangs set and dweb only... no marrowalks, no rings, no amulet, and no charms. and it only took about 90 seconds. once i socket the gear with good stuff like sorbs, dr and block, he should be able to take on a lot more bosses alone.

if youre dead set on not using trangs, then go with at least trangs shield. 2necro, 2 pnb skills and 3 sockets, 30% increased block, 50fire and poison res, 15 dexterity for more block...its great. the extra to curses on darkforce is a waste really. if you have a 2nd piece of trangs, the shield gains an extra 20fcr as well. then from there, your helm can be something like griffs or kiras, belt can be arachs or something with some sorb (like nos coil), gloves can probably be like hellmouth (it offers better things than magefists), boots keep marrowalks boots...the bone prison charges add almost 2k to bone armor's damage absorb.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:33 pm 

muleofal wrote:
thirtytwo wrote:

Dweb wand
Enigma armor

magefist
boots idk?
Belt arach?

i find trangs to be perfectly fine for necro gear. the set gives a ton of skills and damage, 25% dr, its easy on stat points, 50fcr set bonus + 30fcr gloves +20fcr shield set bonus = 100 (add dweb's 50 fcr and you already hit the last breakpoint). Then it has tele already, a ton of sockets for things like ber runes, emeralds (for block), sockets in the shield for res/sorb/dr/block. the set also gives max life, some good res. its definitely something thats worth looking at, especially considering it probably offers the highest amount of skills and damage along with tele. i dont think theres any real combination of items that goes along with enigma and can outdamage trangs. my necro took out juggernaut solo in hell with an empty trangs set and dweb only... no marrowalks, no rings, no amulet, and no charms. and it only took about 90 seconds. once i socket the gear with good stuff like sorbs, dr and block, he should be able to take on a lot more bosses alone.

if youre dead set on not using trangs, then go with at least trangs shield. 2necro, 2 pnb skills and 3 sockets, 30% increased block, 50fire and poison res, 15 dexterity for more block...its great. the extra to curses on darkforce is a waste really. if you have a 2nd piece of trangs, the shield gains an extra 20fcr as well. then from there, your helm can be something like griffs or kiras, belt can be arachs or something with some sorb (like nos coil), gloves can probably be like hellmouth (it offers better things than magefists), boots keep marrowalks boots...the bone prison charges add almost 2k to bone armor's damage absorb.

Yeah but I figured

Trang does give about 10+to necro and or pnb skills but with enigma+soulmancer set I would get 9+all skills which would be nice with cta bo

But I didn't go over all trangs partial bonuses I guess that would work well.
Wanted to use my griff tho :(

What would you recommend for rings/ammy?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:54 pm 

by no means is trangs the best overall for a poison necro. it mostly depends on style of play. Trangs can be the best for some players, while other players may prefer things like soulmancer set or just good uniques. the soulmancer set would work pretty well too with the +all skills bonus for BO, and it has some nice defensive mods on it (the stats, the res, etc). a griffs would be fine as well, you would just have to find some other pieces along that add skills, fcr, and good defensive mods. the damage will come for any necro with enough +skills.

the main thing you want to focus on is being able to walk into a dangerous area close to the boss in order to hit him with poison strike or get poison nova off. Sorb and res are very important. DR% isnt as important because of bone armor. With marrowalk boots, your bone armor will get at least 2k damage absorb... and bone armor works in the way that it doesnt factor any dr% until after the bone armor is broken. As long as you have bone armor up, youll be fine with only 20-30% DR. block is more important here, and tele from enigma or trangs will make it easy to dodge a lot of physical attacks. Marrowalks arent necessary but are a great item to have (as long as you dont have any other skill points into bone prison... or else the synergy bug wont work).

rings, ammies can either be skill rings with things like str/dext/fcr/life/res/sorb, or just go with things like uniques with those same mods (i think i may be using a dwarf and shock absorber on mine... i like having high sorbs).

the most important thing to note is that all your damage will come from a ton of extra skills, and that can be covered by unique charms and pnb skillers. your gear will cover a lot of it too, but there is no real need for crazy all-out damage on gear as well. gear your necro to be able to take a couple hits while he gets in for poison strike/nova and then from there you can let rejuvs handle the rest.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:41 am 

I say a poison necro sucks.. or sucks until u get gear, skill gear, an a lot of it. SM would be fine for a poisoner until u get ur major skill gear down. Then trang's is gonna rape it for damage. The number of sockets an %damage is beast. (exp when ur runnin 9x 6-6 poison facets ) A poisoner relys on his merc for killing 90% of the time the other 10% is bosses uniques an champions. Now once u get gear like holys got = ) ur merc isn't as important until u come across a poison immune. This is why i have amp an a faith stick in the cube.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:02 am 
Game Server Host

the free 25% pierce and 25% skill damage on trangs is too much for me to pass up personaly. especialy with the free sockets on the armour and having access to tele at the same time.

Offline Profile